Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the FBI director be loyal to the president or the US Constitution?
To the president 0 0%
To the US Constitution 84 100.00%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 11:05 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
So FBI director better be loyal to the president, right And I believe that is OK with so called nationalist as long as it is a republican president in the white house
Welcome to the United States of Timbuktu.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 11:07 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,369,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
How would you know that? Are you a Russian spy with nothing better to do? Sure Comey screwed up but no one believes Trump fired Comey because he mistreated Hillary. That's just way too comical. Obviously, it's three things. Russia, Russia, Russia. In the end, this will backfire on Trump though.
Anyone watching the news saw all the Democrats, and liberal pundits calling for the firing of Comey in October-November. I didn't say Trump fired him over Hillary, but it's worth noting he would have been fired immediately had Hillary been elected.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:08 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
HILLARY!!!

Still can't bring yourself to vote for the Constitution, eh?
I don't have to vote, I said it in my post, or did you miss that part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Then Trump shoulda canned his butt in January, not wait until it became clear that Comey wasn't gonna kiss Trump's ring.

Your deflection fails.
There were much more important things for Trump to worry about, like I don't know, like getting his cabinet members in place, and worrying about policy. Comey got what he had coming, everybody wanted Comey gone, but the dems who wanted Comey out most of all, are now whining. Oh well, par for the course from the deranged Trump haters.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:10 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,672,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
What makes you think Trump, or his supporters believe that the FBI director needs to be "loyal" to the president?

Are you basing this on that ridiculous, and completely unfounded claim from the NYT?
Maybe you're like this Fox reporter that runs when the guy he is interviewing in a diner says Trump fired Comey to cover up Russia:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.rawst...up-russia/amp/

Old 05-12-2017, 11:10 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Anyone watching the news saw all the Democrats, and liberal pundits calling for the firing of Comey in October-November. I didn't say Trump fired him over Hillary, but it's worth noting he would have been fired immediately had Hillary been elected.
The question is, should the FBI director be loyal to the president or the US Constitution? I notice you haven't voted yet, either.

Once again, not a single Trump supporter in this thread will commit in public to supporting the Constitution.

I think that tells us all exactly what they really believe.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:11 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
None of that matters. The FBI director is appointed by the POTUS which means he can also be fired for any reason or no reason. That's just the way it works and always will.
You are correct. The problem has arisen in 2017 that the President is not loyal to the constitution, which creates a paradox for the FBI Director.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:14 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
It is the timing that makes it suspicious. Trump waited until he heard that Comey asked for more funds for the investigation. Trump made it look like a cover-up.

Once again, Trump has brought this all upon himself. He doesn't know what he's doing.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:17 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

There were much more important things for Trump to worry about, like I don't know, like getting his cabinet members in place, and worrying about policy. Comey got what he had coming, everybody wanted Comey gone, but the dems who wanted Comey out most of all, are now whining. Oh well, par for the course from the deranged Trump haters.
WAIT a minute. Are you saying that he couldn't have taken 2 minutes between holes on one of his golf outings to fire him? He didn't even go to do it in person. Your point would only be relevant if Trump spent a reasonable amount of his time doing Presidential things.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:26 AM

25,964 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
It should be to the US Constitution not the president. Some Trump supporters seem to think the opposite... including Trump himself.

I, ______, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic…

That foreign part is going to be Trump's Achilles heel for the rest of his presidency.
I don't understand where you are coming from this with Comey. Comey lost the respect of his co-workers and many, many American citizens with his debacle with Clinton's mess. It was almost like he had lost any sense of the law.

Comey was a "leftover" and it was time for him to go. I am sure that Trumpm was being told that. Comey should have been loyal to the Constitution and not the Clintons, maybe that is the real question.

Trump will do fine for those that aren't intent on spewing sour grapes. Isn't that what the poll and post is all about in the first place?

Old 05-12-2017, 11:31 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't understand where you are coming from this with Comey. Comey lost the respect of his co-workers and many, many American citizens with his debacle with Clinton's mess. It was almost like he had lost any sense of the law.

Comey was a "leftover" and it was time for him to go. I am sure that Trumpm was being told that. Comey should have been loyal to the Constitution and not the Clintons, maybe that is the real question.

Trump will do fine for those that aren't intent on spewing sour grapes. Isn't that what the poll and post is all about in the first place?
That is what this is about, and why I didn't bother to vote in the poll.

Leave it to the Trump haters to whine about Trump doing exactly what they wanted him to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies