Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the FBI director be loyal to the president or the US Constitution?
To the president 0 0%
To the US Constitution 84 100.00%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 12:45 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
None of that matters. The FBI director is appointed by the POTUS which means he can also be fired for any reason or no reason. That's just the way it works and always will.
A good president does not do things simply becasue he can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 12:46 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
If all men are created equal - why then do those inside the DC beltway get to live by their own rules? don't you want to know the truth ? or can't liberals handle it.
What the **** are you talking about?

Old 05-12-2017, 12:46 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I couldn't answer that as it is a leading question.

Suffice it to say that is a false dichotomy. Being loyal to the constitution is automatically being loyal to the president. It can not be otherwise.

All pledge to support and defend the constitution, and whomever does not do that is out of step with their responsibility. There can be no conflict if everyone is loyal to the constitution and carries out their own duties with that in mind.

NO-NO-NO-NO absolutely not true--I could be in the right and EL boss be in the wrong- side f the constitution- I follow my oath first -- MY boss could be mentally ill- plumb crazy or a traitor--

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.
[RIGHT]5 U.S.C. §3331[/RIGHT]

Old 05-12-2017, 12:48 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,823,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I don't have to vote, I said it in my post, or did you miss that part?

There were much more important things for Trump to worry about, like I don't know, like getting his cabinet members in place, and worrying about policy. Comey got what he had coming, everybody wanted Comey gone, but the dems who wanted Comey out most of all, are now whining. Oh well, par for the course from the deranged Trump haters.
Or answering a months old tweet from Rosie O'Donnell.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't understand where you are coming from this with Comey. Comey lost the respect of his co-workers and many, many American citizens with his debacle with Clinton's mess. It was almost like he had lost any sense of the law.

Comey was a "leftover" and it was time for him to go. I am sure that Trumpm was being told that. Comey should have been loyal to the Constitution and not the Clintons, maybe that is the real question.

Trump will do fine for those that aren't intent on spewing sour grapes. Isn't that what the poll and post is all about in the first place?
FBI directors serve 10 year terms. Every president gets a "leftover". Only one saw cause to fire the one they got leftover. And Clinton does not count since William Sessions he was actually stealing money from the government.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
The POTUS took an oath to defend the constitution of the United States.

Did you Trumpers forgot the inaugural ceremony? You know, Melania was wearing a light blue dress? How can you forget the BIGGEST inauguration ever?

Everybody takes an oath to defend and protect the US Constitution.

What does Trump think? That he was elected dictator and everybody has to take a loyalty oath to defend and protect him?

Oh yeah, and he thinks that the press is there to be his cheerleaders.

He thinks he's Nero.

What an insufferable IGNORANT JERK.
Don't forget, it rained.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:58 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,374,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
A good president does not do things simply becasue he can.
You know what really jumps out at me is when Trump's Communication voiceobox keeps repeating and misleading that "Even Legal Pundits" said he didn't do anything improper! That a bunch of malarkey! They actually have been saying across the board " While it isn't illegal".. There is the optic's of trying to compromise the Investigation into his team and Russian connections appears like a coverup/intimidation! It is non-proforma and unseemly and surely his Legal rep. would have pointed that out too!

But nope.. Trump attempting to get some loyalty oath from the FBI Director, like he did when hiring a Trump Employee speaks volumes to his level of understanding the difference between Private Business functions and the Leader of the Free World and what's expected! As for Trump trying to suggest that Comey was soliciting to keep his job.. Bu$$ Hockey!! He was appointed as you said for a 10 year term.. and had no need to solicit the POTUS for his job!! Sure Trump has legal right to fire.. BUT best he have a damn good reason to do so.

As for Trumpette's continuous suggestion the Libs were screaming for Comey's head, to fire or resign. Guess what!! Obama did NOT fire him. Then of course, FBI is in upheaval and dtysfunctioning because of Comey is yet another BIG fat lie spun by the Alternative Info folks!! If anything, what Trump did was fired the FBI agents to such a level.. Trump is front and centre on the menu right now along with his corrupt buddies that were in his Campaign, Transition Team!!

Okay.. I feel better now.. Boy, I just had to let it out!! Trump is the unhinged one and "Doth Protest Too MUCH!!

Old 05-12-2017, 01:01 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,702,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
It should be to the US Constitution not the president. Some Trump supporters seem to think the opposite... including Trump himself.

I, ______, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic…

That foreign part is going to be Trump's Achilles heel for the rest of his presidency.
Since trump is an enemy of the American people, the "domestic" part applies, too.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:12 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,702,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
What makes you think Trump, or his supporters believe that the FBI director needs to be "loyal" to the president?

Are you basing this on that ridiculous, and completely unfounded claim from the NYT?
It is more like the ridiculous and completely unfounded claim by trump.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:19 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,673,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I couldn't answer that as it is a leading question.

Suffice it to say that is a false dichotomy. Being loyal to the constitution is automatically being loyal to the president. It can not be otherwise.

All pledge to support and defend the constitution, and whomever does not do that is out of step with their responsibility. There can be no conflict if everyone is loyal to the constitution and carries out their own duties with that in mind.
I guess I should have added a third opinion to the poll, "I choose not to answer this question."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies