Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 05:22 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,251,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How many teachers carrying guns have been successful at defeating assailants, close to none. Most schools already have security with trained professionals, I think this same issue came up a few years ago. Some states provided free training for teachers that wished to carry, I don't think many took them up.
Tell me the incident where a teacher who was legally carrying a gun did not use the gun to save lives? That's the problem, if no one has a gun to protect themselves or others, there will be no success.
The state of UT has allowed teachers to carry guns in public supported schools for years; cannot remember ever hearing of a school shooting in UT.
When I lived in UT, I dated a teacher who carried a gun to her 5th grade class and I bet no one even knew it, and it was legal. And yes, she was very well trained in using it, and I have to say, I helped her with the training.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 05:28 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
The chance of your house burning down is remote
We have fire extinguishers in schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
Tell me the incident where a teacher who was legally carrying a gun did not use the gun to save lives? That's the problem, if no one has a gun to protect themselves or others, there will be no success.
The state of UT has allowed teachers to carry guns in public supported schools for years; cannot remember ever hearing of a school shooting in UT.
When I lived in UT, I dated a teacher who carried a gun to her 5th grade class and I bet no one even knew it, and it was legal. And yes, she was very well trained in using it, and I have to say, I helped her with the training.
The number of teachers that carry a gun must be microscopic, I am sure you can dig out remote incidents of defense but I have never heard of one.

Well how many incidents happened in Utah before teachers were allowed to carry.

Old 05-21-2017, 05:33 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
So exactly how many gun free zones stopped criminals and the deranged from killing?

I think that count is still a big fat 0.

If a teacher wants to carry, and can, they should be rewarded for they bring not only education but protection. I'm sure parents of the Sandy hook and columbine kids wouldn't be opposed to their kids teachers and school staff being armed and carrying concealed.

I can comfortably carry 3 pistols on me with spare mags, nobody would know I would unless I showed them where. And I don't carry tiny barrel useless belly blasters either.
Full size only. None of that 3 inch 2 inch barrel single stack, might be lucky to hit the paper at 20 feet...

Funny, we aren't opposed to bank trucks and banks to be protected by armed individuals... but not your children...

See how many schools shootings occur with someone who trains IDPA and does 3 gun drills is present and carrying. Bet that BS would never occur again.
Somalia called; they want their reputation back.

Old 05-21-2017, 05:37 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Your daughter may not (and I dare say that most teachers wouldn't want to carry a gun, just like most Americans don't carry guns, even most in those states where its fairly easy to do so). But some would. And the some that would might mean the difference between living and dying in the event of a school shooting by a deranged student or worse.
Great culture you have there in America. Teachers having to be armed at school as a necessity! A country that advertises itself as a "beacon of freedom" and "greatest country" shouldn't require every man, woman, child, housepet to walk around in armed paranoia 24/7 should it? And YES I KNOW you beat Hillary!

Old 05-21-2017, 05:44 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
What, precicely are supporters of this bill looking to accomplish? What is accomplished by establishing gun free schools? Please explain.

Old 05-21-2017, 05:46 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,124,120 times
Quote:
We have fire extinguishers in schools.

The number of teachers that carry a gun must be microscopic, I am sure you can dig out remote incidents of defense but I have never heard of one.

Well how many incidents happened in Utah before teachers were allowed to carry.
I said house not school.

Cancel your homeowners insurance cause "nothing is ever going to happen"

Old 05-21-2017, 05:47 PM

10,483 posts, read 4,046,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Dem. Assemblyman Pushes Bill to Guarantee Teachers Cannot Shoot Back if Attackers Strike - Breitbart

Some of these democrats have about as much intelligence and critical thinking skills as a potato does
Hmmm, well, might have to do what my family did. They took out all of the kids from school and had us home schooled. We turned out alright. We got college degrees and good jobs (for now, but really, it's a sub contractor for military defense, I think the job is safe for the next 50 years)

Old 05-21-2017, 05:59 PM

10,483 posts, read 4,046,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Great culture you have there in America. Teachers having to be armed at school as a necessity! A country that advertises itself as a "beacon of freedom" and "greatest country" shouldn't require every man, woman, child, housepet to walk around in armed paranoia 24/7 should it? And YES I KNOW you beat Hillary!
You know it's not just America. Brazil had an awful shooting a few years back.

Old 05-21-2017, 06:25 PM

2,309 posts, read 902,690 times
Quote:
How many teachers carrying guns have been successful at defeating assailants, close to none. Most schools already have security with trained professionals, I think this same issue came up a few years ago. Some states provided free training for teachers that wished to carry, I don't think many took them up.
How many teachers carry in the first place and teach in schools that are not gun free?

Old 05-21-2017, 06:29 PM

2,309 posts, read 902,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
No one is requiring anyone to do anything. Even if we were, that doesn't mean that the gun is the problem. Also most mass shootings happen in gun free zones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies