Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2017, 09:07 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,173,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You just made all of this up.
I wasn't at the trial, but I'm assuming her defense was supported by the other officers. In the video, he is clearly turned towards the window and moving towards it. She and the other officers are claiming he was reaching in. The local paper reported the police stating the window was down.

Now, you are welcome to provide facts that dispute my assertion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 09:12 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,649,903 times
Quote:
You know that isn't what I said........you don't answer a question with a question either. Why move the target? Your initial claim had nothing to do with a car.
Well, when you make it sound as though he was just sitting in his truck waiting for his failure to signal citation and blam, blam, blam...

You have to make it comparable.

It's like me saying, "So, when the cops are being shot at with a machine gun, do you expect them to give them three more warnings."

It's not comparable.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
I wasn't at the trial, but I'm assuming............

Old 05-19-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Well, when you make it sound as though he was just sitting in his truck waiting for his failure to signal citation and blam, blam, blam...
No, I gave SPECIFIC examples. Why avoid them? There is NO way he might not have been experiencing a medical issue?

Old 05-19-2017, 09:14 AM

2,260 posts, read 1,140,849 times
Quote:
WHy she was found not guilty. A conflict of interest that we have to get changed.

One of the 12 jurors who acquitted Tulsa Police Officer Betty Shelby of manslaughter on Wednesday told The Frontier the jury penned a letter to Chief Chuck Jordan saying that Shelby should never again be a patrol officer.

The Frontier granted the juror anonymity in exchange for an interview.

He said the jury felt that the state’s prosecution “was shoddy,” and that they could have gotten a conviction “had they done a better job.”

https://www.readfrontier.org/stories...-never-patrol/

We saw this same thing in the Tamir Rice and other cases. The prosecutor has a conflict of interest. They do not want the police mad at them because they need them to keep their job.

We have to change this.
Im just re-posting this because people here always seem to gloss over what this means. This is another case of the prosecution leaning the case in her favor, and the jury saw right through it.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Prove me wrong. I'm being honest, unlike you.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Prove me wrong. I'm being honest, unlike you.
I have.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:34 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,824,355 times
Here is a video where a former LEO describes a police shooting. The portion of the video that covers this incident (also includes the trooper's dash cam video) starts at about 39 minutes 32 seconds into the video. Listen to the analysis Dave Champion (again, former LEO and a supporter of good LEOs) gives regarding shooting just because someone has something in their hands, which the guy in Dave's video link did, but the man Officer Betty Shelby shot did not even have anything in his hands... Listen to what Dave says about the incident.

Maybe one of the problems is Dave Champion, unlike Officer Betty Shelby, is not a coward. Dave is not and was not ill equipped mentally or physically to handle a possibly dangerous interaction with a citizen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5w7Xi1nf2M

Old 05-19-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I have.
The officer with her said the window was down, that he was concerned with his actions and fired at the same time. Try again.

Once Crutcher was at his driver's side window, he turned to face the officers, then reached inside the window, which was rolled halfway down, with his left hand.

At that point, Turnbough said he fired his Taser, which made a loud popping noise. He said he saw Crutcher bleeding so he dropped his Taser.

Crutcher fell to the ground.

Six Police Officers Testify At Betty Shelby Manslaughter Trial - NewsOn6.com

Old 05-19-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Here is a video where a former LEO describes a police shooting. The portion of the video that covers this incident (also includes the trooper's dash cam video) starts at about 39 minutes 32 seconds into the video. Listen to the analysis Dave Champion (again, former LEO and a supporter of good LEOs) gives regarding shooting just because someone has something in their hands, which the guy in Dave's video link did, but the man Officer Betty Shelby shot did not even have anything in his hands... Listen to what Dave says about the incident.

Maybe one of the problems is Dave Champion, unlike Officer Betty Shelby, is not a coward. Dave is not and was not ill equipped mentally or physically to handle a possibly dangerous interaction with a citizen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5w7Xi1nf2M
Was he there? Did he have the same view? No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies