Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 12:32 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMANDTHOM View Post
Our pro-life owner absolutely slammed his BIL saying that they were murderers for taking mom off life support saying that they were murderers and going to hell. That was 3ish years ago.

This winter pro-life owner and wife took her mother off life support.

I find the zealous pro-lifers are really rather hypocritical when the decision stares them in the face.

I've never ever heard anyone connecting pro-life/anti-abortion with taking someone off of life support.

The owner may be confused, but don't assume pro-lifers think taking someone off of life support is murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 12:34 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
I think for many responsible for 'party lines' it's little more than a ca$h cow.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:40 PM

1,349 posts, read 664,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post

How about instead of condoning, excusing, or rationalizing poor decisions, present the risks, and responsibility that comes with these actions. And instead of wanting the taxpayer to cover abortion or entitlement programs to cover your mistakes, or mom and dad to raise your kid for you, you make clear conscience common sense decisions that if I do this, that may be the end product.
Nice.

But nowhere near what the REAL world is.

The question with the real world is : how do we deal with that reality, however irresponsible it might be?

Also be aware that many, if not most, woman who seek an abortion already have children and a family. They sometimes DO the responsible thing in aborting, so as to care for their EXISTING children properly.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:41 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,572 times
It seems that anti-abortionists don't realize that with all the restrictions passed by GOP state governments, it is the poor that is affected the most. So these poor people have unwanted kids and the Republicans are cutting all the support nets from under them.

People that are better off can travel to wherever an abortion is provided.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:42 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We do this with many things. Seat belts, smoking, nearly all if not every law is based upon this idea. Someone has a personal view and gets enough people to agree with them.
Exactly.

So, if it's wrong for me to want to enforce my personal views and ethics through legislation.....

Why is not wrong for you to want to enforce yours this way?

Old 05-25-2017, 12:44 PM

1,349 posts, read 664,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Not so tiny, as it turns out.

"Each year, about 2% of women aged 15-44 have an abortion; 47% of them have had at least one previous abortion."

I'd rather a good percentage of people not breed, but it isn't up to me.
It still doesn't mean it is used as contraception.

And you avoided answering my question :

Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post

And admitting a very tiny small percentage does, do you REALLY want this type of person to raise a child, and by force at that ?

Old 05-25-2017, 12:46 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
It seems that anti-abortionists don't realize that with all the restrictions passed by GOP state governments, it is the poor that is affected the most. So these poor people have unwanted kids and the Republicans are cutting all the support nets from under them.

People that are better off can travel to wherever an abortion is provided.
The poor can get birth control for free at local clinics, and that's been the case for some time.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:47 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I think for many responsible for 'party lines' it's little more than a ca$h cow.
For many it is. It's a way to divide people and get votes.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:48 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Exactly.

So, if it's wrong for me to want to enforce my personal views and ethics through legislation.....

Why is not wrong for you to want to enforce yours this way?
Wrong? I'm not sure I used that word did I? I simply noted facts. Facts are never wrong, they just are what they are.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:50 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
Nice.

But nowhere near what the REAL world is.

The question with the real world is : how do we deal with that reality, however irresponsible it might be?

Also be aware that many, if not most, woman who seek an abortion already have children and a family. They sometimes DO the responsible thing in aborting, so as to care for their EXISTING children properly.
How I explained how.

Remove it as a form of birth control.
Remove funding to keep it.

Life is hard. It's harder when you're dumb, and do dumb things.

Your last line,
That isn't responsible, clearly. If they were responsible, they'd pursue every Avenue to prevent aborting, there are many effective ways to prevent an unwanted pregnancy... Pills, IUD, Condoms, tubes tied, vasectomy... so there shouldn't be a reason for it... I find it incredibly selfish none of those avenues are pursued...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies