Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 08:52 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times

Advertisements

We never raised our kids to disrespect someone else for their difference of opinion!

It seems with what is going on out there we have to revise some of our way of showing respect and start to show the same kind of respect the liberals show although I don't want to lower our way of living and believes completely to their low standards.

If President Obama would be in town and would be coming to a place I was I wouldn't deny to be in a picture based on my disagreement with his opinions.

But I do want to say that I would refuse to be in a picture with Hilliary Clinton as she is one of the lowest people in politics. The same counts for Pelosi, Waters, Chuck Schumer, etc.

I would not decline to be in a picture with Bill Clinton but do not want to be in a picture with Michele Obama for the simple reason that when she said that she only started to respect this country when Barack run or became the President, was such a low life statement that I would refuse that.

I don't have anything against females but lately there have been some that I really don't like for the statements they made.
Neither do I like Graham nor McCain but just for their service I would not decline a picture BUT I probably never be in a circumstance to be in a picture with any of them or it must be during our next Washington trip that we run into them.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:56 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
It's sad the way everyone is generalizing teenagers.

I'm not saying it's all teens who are politically engaged. But look at things like the political coverage in Teen Vogue that's getting so much attention. There's an audience out there for this information.

For those who say they're parroting what they hear at home, don't you think many of their moms and dads have differing political views? Whom do they parrot then?

Old 05-29-2017, 09:03 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
It's sad the way everyone is generalizing teenagers.

I'm not saying it's all teens who are politically engaged. But look at things like the political coverage in Teen Vogue that's getting so much attention. There's an audience out there for this information.

For those who say they're parroting what they hear at home, don't you think many of their moms and dads have differing political views? Whom do they parrot then?
I'd bet you money that if all the teenagers who objected to the were polled, 75% couldn't name more than two SCOTUS justices. They couldn't name the VP, and they wouldn't even know who the speaker was.

This was their parents instructing them on what to do in this circumstance.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:06 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
About half of over 200 middle school students, from a New Jersey 8th grade class, refused to pose for a photo with Ryan during a school trip to Washington, DC.

Some of the reasons:

Middle schoolers refuse to pose with Paul Ryan during photo op | New York Post

Middle Schoolers Refuse Photo with Paul Ryan

N.J. middle school students refuse to take photo with Paul Ryan - NY Daily News
Democrats fear mongering campaign reaches a new low as NJ teachers' union and democrats take a page form ME terrorist nations and use lies to teach young children to hate.

Politically Nj is a lost cause.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:42 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Oh please. #1 and only reason they refused: brainwashed by their parents. 8th graders don't care about politics, certainly not half of the class in New Jersey.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:43 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Respects only goes to any person who respects another person. Showing disrespect means you deserve NO respect and are a low life person.

This 8 grader learned to disrespect from his parents and now believes he is a good person.

If you hang out with a loser like that you will become a loser!

Old 05-29-2017, 09:43 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
Smart Kids. They obviously know what is going on in politics.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:48 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Smart Kids. They obviously know what is going on in politics.
Lol, no they don't.

It's like saying my cat strongly dislikes Trump continuing our disastrous policies in the ME. The reason the cat gets up and walks away during Trump's comments about our continued presence there is because I yelled at the tv.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:56 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The mantra of the Left when they introduce new ideas and policy is "It is all for the children"

Well bravo for these parents and teachers to push their political agenda on to their kids and use them to promote it.

How low will the Left stoop. They are teaching their kids to have very narrow fearful minds.
To be fair, I believe the policies middle-schoolers are concerned with are:

-affordable higher education

-an infrastructure that doesn't collapse on them

-ability to access healthcare even with their pre-existing conditions

-no ugly wars that will continue to fester for their lifetimes

-Finally, and most important!, a climate compatible with human life!

Where does Paul Ryan stand on these issues?

Old 05-29-2017, 10:00 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
This is kind of vague but I can recall my uncle's and some of their friends watching what numbers were going go be called for the draft.

I was younger than the eighth grade but I very well remember hoping that ended before I was old enough.

Luckily it did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies