Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2017, 09:06 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times

Advertisements

i like my view of the world much better than most of yours -- lol.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
They are largely ignorant, and go with whatever is trendy.
You haven't been around teens much have you. A few are robots but it is way cooler these days to not be a trend.

Of course -- don't tell them -- that ends up being a trend in itself -- lol.......

Old 05-30-2017, 09:09 AM

29,505 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yeah, I guess you were just too cool to care judging by your snarky eye roll. There will always be kids like you who think its cool to uninformed.

Luckily, many kids do NOT think this way. They usually become the next generation's leaders and movers and shakers.

It wasn't about being cool, it is about being a kid. 13 and 14 year olds have plenty to deal with just growing up and learning how to become an adult much less having to worry about one political party or another and becoming divisive about it. A learning moment would be listening to what Ryan had to say and then making your own decisions. Turning your back on something you don't like , doesn't teach you a thing.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:11 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's improper to answer a question with a question. If you are unable to answer a question the best option is to just move on.
It was a statement as much as a question.

Liberals see Progressivism as their religion and big government as their Deity.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:12 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
It wasn't about being cool, it is about being a kid. 13 and 14 year olds have plenty to deal with just growing up and learning how to become an adult much less having to worry about one political party or another and becoming divisive about it. A learning moment would be listening to what Ryan had to say and then making your own decisions. Turning your back on something you don't like , doesn't teach you a thing.
Why do you believe you have the right to say what 13 and 14 year olds should be interested in? Furthermore, why do you believe a middle school student can not be interested in politics and cars or bikes? You are making a lot assumptions. I know quite a few kids in this age group. As I said, not only would they be able to run circles around many adults here, they are hard workers with bright futures.

Did they turn their back on Ryan or did they use their freedom of speech to communicate how much they dislike his policies that directly affect them and their future?

Old 05-30-2017, 09:14 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
It was a statement as much as a question.

Liberals see Progressivism as their religion and big government as their Deity.
So still no answer to the question?

Old 05-30-2017, 09:15 AM

29,505 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Why do you believe you have the right to say what 13 and 14 year olds should be interested in? Furthermore, why do you believe a middle school student can not be interested in politics and cars or bikes? You are making a lot assumptions. I know quite a few kids in this age group. As I said, not only would they be able to run circles around many adults here, they are hard workers with bright futures.

Did they turn their back on Ryan or did they use their freedom of speech to communicate how much they dislike his policies that directly affect them and their future?

A right ? Is this not a forum for discussing topics ? It was my opinion. Obviously yours is different. It's okay, to share different opinions. Please carry on with your day.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:18 AM

Okay -- so a child having an opinion about a political figure -- a predominant one -- doesn't mean the kid is obsessing with politics...it just means they are aware of who he is, what he may have as his main issues.

We always had meals together and that seems to be our moment to share.....even when they were younger. They might ask us something they heard at school and we would discuss it. We aren't strong indoctrinating parents. We would tell them yeah I kind of think this but I know our good friends think different, they have different perspective, this may be why.

We didn't obsess, my kids played too much of everything and they still managed to find time to learn a little about the world.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:18 AM

3,500 posts, read 2,789,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
They are largely ignorant, and go with whatever is trendy.
What if Middle schoolers refused to pose with Hillary Clinton back when she was on Obama's cabinet. Would you be upset with them to???????

Old 05-30-2017, 09:20 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's improper to answer a question with a question. If you are unable to answer a question the best option is to just move on.
Oh, and btw, until they make you a moderator, I'll decide how best to reply to posts on my own.

But thanks for the advise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies