Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 04:05 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
There are other countries out there for you if you don't like the Constitution or the SC.
All are involuntary States based on the fictional social contract.

You literally cannot escape the long arm of statism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 04:10 PM

1,073 posts, read 623,368 times
I'm a Christian who is centric-- the extremists on both sides drive me nuts.
I agree that liberals are such whiners and the right wing really have no idea what's it's like to be poor in this country-- and they are absolutely nuts when it comes to guns.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:26 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,917,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Slavery was constitutional before. Do you agree with that?
What a ridiculous retort. Of course not. But you already knew that.

The Constitution can certainly be amended (there is a process for this). And the SC can reverse on its past decisions (its rare, but it happens). I have a hard time seeing a unanimous decision upholding the law that put into place minimum wage (and other protections for workers), but it's certainly possible to happen. Until then, it is the law, though.

I'm sorry - but you need to move on. This is the kind of thing this thread is about. You are not a centrist, you are part of a group that are pulling this country apart. Instead of working to solve problems that are realistically addressable, you want to revert to ideological arguments that are going to get us nowhere as a country.

You're welcome to run for office if you'd like to see it changed - but good luck once you get in as the realities of governing are not easy - nor do they fit into little boxes that work perfectly for your strict ideological beliefs.

Quote:
Yes, I am talking about the consequences of breaking the law. Just because you voted to create a law, it doesn't mean it's not evil. Using violence against peaceful people is pure evil.
Then I don't think you actually care about this country or its Constitutional set up. Or, for that matter, living in a society with other people.

There are remote islands you might like better.

The government is Constitutionally able to levy taxes for the general welfare of the US, and to regulate interstate commerce.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:29 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
This is probably true, also ty

Well it's pretty simple if you don't want a government that collects taxes and enforces its laws I'm sure Somalia would be your paradise... of course when taxes are not collected by the government warlords take over and collect what they will instead, but anarchy is a special brand of freedom to some of you I suppose?

I'm still waiting for that statistic of yours on number of american people executed specifically by head-shot from the IRS btw
Incorrect!

I don't want the government enforce its laws using force against peaceful people.

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

I don't see how the government is allowed to rob from one group of people to pay another group of people.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:30 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
What a ridiculous retort. Of course not. But you already knew that.

The Constitution can certainly be amended (there is a process for this). And the SC can reverse on its past decisions (its rare, but it happens). I have a hard time seeing a unanimous decision upholding the law that put into place minimum wage (and other protections for workers), but it's certainly possible to happen. Until then, it is the law, though.

I'm sorry - but you need to move on. This is the kind of thing this thread is about. You are not a centrist, you are part of a group that are pulling this country apart. Instead of working to solve problems that are realistically addressable, you want to revert to ideological arguments that are going to get us nowhere as a country.

You're welcome to run for office if you'd like to see it changed - but good luck once you get in as the realities of governing are not easy - nor do they fit into little boxes that work perfectly for your strict ideological beliefs.

Then I don't think you actually care about this country or its Constitutional set up. Or, for that matter, living in a society with other people.

There are remote islands you might like better.

The government is Constitutionally able to levy taxes for the general welfare of the US, and to regulate interstate commerce.
Like I said, we can't compromise with evil. Advocating violence against other people so that you can take other people's property is EVIL.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Incorrect!

I don't want the government enforce its laws using force against peaceful people.

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

I don't see how the government is allowed to rob from one group of people to pay another group of people.
Then you need to re-read the Constitution. Taxes can be levied for the general welfare of the US. It is THE basis for MANY social programs in this country, and has been upheld multiple times over our country's history.

This isn't meant to be offensive or rude - but I don't actually think the US is a good fit for you.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:42 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Do-nothing lawyer politicians in both parties whose specialty is bull**** which is all of them.

They never held a job where they had to implement their own ideas, oversee a large operation or react to a big event/disaster with action. They like hearings and running for office because all they have to do is talk, make speeches and criticize the do-ers which is all the things lawyers do best. Like college professors, they know stuff but they don't use their knowledge to accomplish big things.

My dream Capitol Hill is ZERO lawyers in the Senate or House unless that in addition to being a lawyer, they, at one time, were a governor, the head of a large nonprofit, a businessman or a general in the military.

Quit sending lawyers to DC. Make my day.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:45 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,585,525 times
Quote:
Incorrect!

Every operation any developed government does is based on
1. Deciding something needs to be done.
2. Collect taxes to finance it.
3. Using said taxmoney to conduct operation.

Whether you send Neil Armstrong to the moon or buy champagne for a white house dinner, money has changed hands from the people into public spending of some sort.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:52 PM

18,114 posts, read 15,696,543 times
I think the right has just as many, if not more, snowflakes as the left. Angry, vengeful, hate-filled, intolerant, paranoid, bible-thumping hypocrites who think 1 hour in Sunday church undoes all the hatred they spread the rest of the week.

Being rational, a centrist and Independent is a great place to be.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Every operation any developed government does is based on
1. Deciding something needs to be done.
2. Collect taxes to finance it.
3. Using said tax money to conduct operation.

Whether you send Neil Armstrong to the moon or buy champagne for a white house dinner, money has changed hands from the people into public spending of some sort.
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies