Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 11:21 PM

18 posts, read 27,632 times

Advertisements

What bugs me most about each party:

GOP- The hardcore "free market" types such as Paul Ryan that want to take away healthcare from 24 million Americans and cut other necessary social services from the working class/poor. Nothing very Christian about that. I also deeply dislike the neocons that are always pining for some new conflict in the Middle East (in order for our country to bend over yet again for Israel) or elsewhere around the world (I believe that some regions are just a poor fit for democracy). I also dislike their anti-environment agenda which pretends global warming does not exist.

Democratic- I dislike their staunchly pro-choice views (I believe abortion should be left to the states and that they must try tomake room for pro-lifers), their support for affirmative action- a grossly unfair practice, and the strong identity politics. I also believe that Christianity should remain in the public sphere as it is the religion of the majority of Americans (while treating other religions fairly).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 11:38 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
That they exist.

They're both ridiculous.

Partisanship screws up the works.

Old 05-30-2017, 12:18 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

Democrats - so much focus on identity politics. Not everything has to be framed in terms of gender, sexual orientation, race, or origin. There are plenty of issues that affect everyone and most people actually agree with the Democratic policy positions, but it never goes anywhere because so many are so busy screaming about whatever the oppressed group is this week.

If you can admit that there are oppressed groups in the first place, then you have already conceded that Democrats are right.

The problem for many is that "your identity" isnt being catered to.

As for the last line, Democrats can multi task, its the conservative media that makes the claim that Dems can only do one at a time.

Old 05-30-2017, 01:42 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
If you can admit that there are oppressed groups in the first place, then you have already conceded that Democrats are right.

The problem for many is that "your identity" isnt being catered to.

As for the last line, Democrats can multi task, its the conservative media that makes the claim that Dems can only do one at a time.
Then why don't Democrats stop making it so easy to be dismissed by focusing on the issues that undeniably affect us all? That way, Republicans would have to actually come up with a logical reason they don't want to work with them on those issues.

This is why the left lost so badly in 2016. They won't adapt their strategy, they'd rather just focus on increasing the volume.

Old 05-30-2017, 01:52 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,128,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Then why don't Democrats stop making it so easy to be dismissed by focusing on the issues that undeniably affect us all? That way, Republicans would have to actually come up with a logical reason they don't want to work with them on those issues.

This is why the left lost so badly in 2016. They won't adapt their strategy, they'd rather just focus on increasing the volume.
It's because the leadership is really out of touch with the average Democrat.

Old 05-30-2017, 02:36 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,585,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I don't know them. I can't comment.

I only hate those who want to put a gun on my head and force me to to pay for their compassion.
Please cite that case where the IRS executed someone by blowing their brains out for not paying taxes...
Has someone been drinking too much of the Ben Shapiro cool-aide?

That republicans deny climate change, are obsessed with the 2nd amendment but don't give a crap about any other amendment, that they pretend to be representing working Americans while screwing them over, that they're usually anti-abortion like they "care so much about life", but then don't give a crap about keeping them alive after birth when it comes to funding healthcare.
Not secular enough.

That democrats are often liberal about immigration (I mean **** learn from our mistakes across the pond already), identity politics, relying on minorities and pandering to them...
Not secular enough.

Not sure where I fit in on the american spectrum, probably left when it comes to funding healthcare and education, being Pro abortions and gun-control
Right when it comes to immigration, free speech and allergy towards the identity crap.
I'm guessing this pouts me somewhere center left?
It's pretty hard-right by Swedish standards.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:50 AM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I don't think there's any reasonable Democrat though. Please name one if you could.
>>>> There used to be the blue dog democrats. But they have pretty much been purged from the democrat ranks for not being in lock step on every single issue and not towing the party line 100%. Likewise moderate RINO republicans have pretty much driven out the true conservatives from the GOP.
The OP nailed it. But I'd add that I hate the hypocrisy of both parties. The fake tolerance and fake push for equality and justice of the left, the phony morality of the right.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:20 AM

17,006 posts, read 12,602,310 times
GOP social darwinists. Corporatists. The view that being a sociopath with your millions is okay. Outsource Americans then whine about unemployment benefits and welfare.

Dem. No matter how big of a lazy loser you are, its not your fault. Everything needs to be govt provided. Identity politics.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:29 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,887,910 times
Easy... The partisan politics. Country be damned mentality, my party wrong or right.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:06 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,169,313 times
Democrats

They drive me crazy with things like free tuition, and $15/hr minimum wage. The minimum wage should be increased but not to 15/hr.

Republicans

They drive me crazy with their unwillingness to pass ANY type of common sense gun legislation. The hypocrisy of always talking about pulling yourself up and being for the middle class yet consistently offering policies that benefit the top 5%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies