Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has Kelly Griffin gone too far? - holding up bloody Trump head.
No - free speech 23 17.97%
Yes - an apology is needed 56 43.75%
Yes - ban her from New Years Rock'n Eve 49 38.28%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 05:49 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,031,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Kathy should have not been fired. Trump has said "nasty things" to people with kids, no pity for Trump here. Respect is earned.
You know what, I get tired of that phrase - respect is earned. No. Respect should be freely given and only rescinded if that respect is abused. What you're saying is you shouldn't respect anyone until they somehow 'earn' it in your eyes. That's total hogwash and antithetical to how civilized people should act. What's wrong with starting with the premise of giving everyone respect first?

Old 05-31-2017, 05:50 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
CNN Fires Kathy Griffin From New Year’s Show After Trump Beheading Pic | Variety

Excellent! Couldn't happen to a nicer person. She crossed the line by miles on this one. She was so bad that CNN of all outlets fired her!!
Good for them, she crossed a line that dignified people do not.

Old 05-31-2017, 05:52 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You know what, I get tired of that phrase - respect is earned. No. Respect should be freely given and only rescinded if that respect is abused. What you're saying is you shouldn't respect anyone until they somehow 'earn' it in your eyes. That's total hogwash and antithetical to how civilized people should act. What's wrong with starting with the premise of giving everyone respect first?
Giving respect is different from being respectful, I am always respectful of those I meet, but to truly gain respect, yes, one has to earn that.

Old 05-31-2017, 06:07 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,031,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Giving respect is different from being respectful, I am always respectful of those I meet, but to truly gain respect, yes, one has to earn that.
I don't necessarily have an issue with the way you presented it but it does seem to be something lost on so many people. I see, time and again, rude behavior (both sides do it) and then they'll say "respect is earned" as if it explains it away. But yes, being respectful. This is something we have lost too much of in recent years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies