Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 09:08 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

Takeaway: Trump's in trouble.

He knows it and so does everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 09:11 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
The best "takeaway" is watching the babbling media heads after the hearing. They are in serious meltdown. It's especially amusing to watch self-proclaimed political experts like the hideous Sunni Hostin and others on The View. They should be ashamed to be so out of control. Their stupidity is on full display, and it's hilarious!

Old 06-09-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
While there was no smoking gun, there was plenty to incriminate Trump. However, Trump and his most ardent supporters have set the bar of responsibility so low that they actually believe Trump was vindicated by Comey. We are past hoping that Trump will mature into his role or that his supporters will hold him accountable. Now, it's about the Republican-controlled Congress and whether they decide to continue to enable Trump in order to hold on to power. My guess is they will.

Right now Republicans are busy getting rid of banking regulations, eliminating fiduciary responsibility for financial advisors, making it legal for corporations to hide bribes, ... lots of corporate work getting done while we are glued to the hearings and debating whether Trump is a traitor or not.

They'd be fools to let this distraction go before they've wrung everything out of him possible.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:14 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Based on what? ... since everyone knows except me...

Old 06-09-2017, 09:30 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
While there was no smoking gun, there was plenty to incriminate Trump. However, Trump and his most ardent supporters have set the bar of responsibility so low that they actually believe Trump was vindicated by Comey. We are past hoping that Trump will mature into his role or that his supporters will hold him accountable. Now, it's about the Republican-controlled Congress and whether they decide to continue to enable Trump in order to hold on to power. My guess is they will.
lol. If, as you say, there was no smoking gun, you should probably accept defeat and give it up. Your personal evaluation as to Donald Trump's maturity is irrelevant.

Repeat, slowly: There was no smoking gun.

/end

Old 06-09-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Based on what? ... since everyone knows except me...
Based on not a single Republican Senator speaking up for Trump when Comey called him a liar in a public setting.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:32 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassTerp94 View Post
So we now know 3 things for sure:

1) James Comey was fired for refusing to end the Russia investigation
2) Russia attempted to interfere with our election, whether Trump was involved or not
3) John McCain should be in a home.
Correct, the Trumplings will disagree, it is their job.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:36 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
4) Even Trump's staunchest Senate supporters accept that POTUS is a notorious liar. Not one of them offered a word in his defense against that charge.

edit: You beat me to it.
Quote:
Based on not a single Republican Senator speaking up for Trump when Comey called him a liar in a public setting.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:38 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:

Quote:
I agree with both of these.

My takeaways are in agreement with #1 and #2 of this post.

But FWIW, I've never been one to fully believe that Trump was in collusion with the Russians. I am waiting for the end of the investigation and there has been nothing to support or deny that he did or people on his team thus far.

I personally think that too many of you Trump supporters are not basing your views on reality.

Reality really is that he fired Comey over the investigation and Comey not being "loyal" enough to him. Comey came off, to me, as a professional. Trump came off as a liar and a person trying to intimidate Comey into following orders. The fact that Comey stated during the testimony that Trump never spoke about the "tens of thousands" of other investigations that the FBI was conducting speaks volumes for Trump being self centered and wanting the pressure off of him and his cohorts.

If it turns out that some of his team actually did attempt to assist or knew about and didn't report the aggressiveness of Russian interference in our election (which did happen), then him firing Comey actually was his attempt to obstruct Justice.

You Trumpers need to get her heads out of you know where and stop making excuses for Trump. He doesn't deserve your loyalty just like he didn't deserve Comey's loyalty.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:40 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You may be correct in what term he actually used to discuss the issue. But what is clear is that Lynch tried to obstruct - maybe not justice, not public opinion.
I agree. She properly recused herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies