Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 02:41 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times

Advertisements

Trump cancels Obama's idiotic appeasement of Castro brothers.

Nothing more too it than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 02:48 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
As though the DNC doesn't.

I never said they didn't, but I was responding to your statement "Because it's GOP policy to pander to Cuban-Americans living in Florida"

Old 06-13-2017, 03:00 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Another example of the pathological hatred of Obama that drives Trump. What reason does he have for doing this other than undoing something Obama did. People act like the racist troll who lied about having evidence that Obama wasn't born in Hawaii and claimed Obama wasn't smart enough to get into Harvard or Columbia isn't the person in the Oval Office.
It would make Putin happy to take Cuba back into the fold.

Old 06-13-2017, 03:33 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,459,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This is Obama's fault.

He didn't manage to formalize his appeasement of the Castro Brothers through congress.

So any future President is free to change it.

Probably why Democrat Party was devastated in Florida. Cuban Americans don't like Castro Brothers. Castros are brutal dictators. Obama never saw a dictator that he didn't like.

Nobody likes appeasement. Good that Trump is putting an end to it.

says the man who plays footsie with Putin and every Middle East dictator he can touch orbs with....my god you people really are insane...
The Cuba embargo has really worked well right? It's gonna start working any day now I bet....as soon as Trump brings back all those white low skilled jobs back the Cuba embargo will make Cuba fall too?

Old 06-13-2017, 03:51 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
They are stuck in a Cold War mentality.

Nixon had gone to China in 1972, had he travelled to Cuba around that time we wouldn't be having this conversation right now, Americans would be having a ball in Cuba and the Cuban style of economy would have changed.

You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
The ironic thing is that Castro tried very hard to climb into the pocket of the US. He even traveled to the US and crashed diplomatic parties to speak to Congressmen. Even into the Johnson administration, he sent a message to LBJ stating (paraphrasing), "I know for political reasons you must speak ill of me, but we can come to terms if you agree not to invade."

Castro would very much have liked to get World Series box seats.

Old 06-13-2017, 03:53 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Of course, BUT if you work for a Public School District you have to swear an Oath to the Constitution of the US, AND to the State Constitution you are working in. Did you know that?
Not in any state my wife has taught in. Not even when she taught for DoDS.

Old 06-13-2017, 03:55 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump cancels Obama's idiotic appeasement of Castro brothers.

Nothing more too it than that.
Your man said he is pro business and jobs.

Old 06-13-2017, 04:47 PM

845 posts, read 680,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Puerto Rico born US CITIZENS are given a complete pass, much to the dismay of many, and Trump himself. Subject of another thread.

Of course, BUT if you work for a Public School District you have to swear an Oath to the Constitution of the US, AND to the State Constitution you are working in. Did you know that?

Does this preclude you, if foreign born, not to have any allegiance to the Country you were born in? Forget allegiance to another STATE. I signed my allegiance to the US Constitution, but refused to for the State Constitution. No problem with the latter. People come, and people go, across state lines. WHY are you even asking this?

You have to go through hoops being a "Civil Servant". Not all fun and games. What did those foreign born employees have to go through? They give a pass to Out of State US Citizens at least.
Puerto Rico is owned by the United States, and thus US Citizens. There's not even an argument to be had there.

I'm not sure what, exactly, you're attempting to argue with the rest of your post.

My comment was in regards to the the allusion that a Cuban worker in the United States was an undocumented immigrant. I responded by citing the longstanding policy of the United States which provides for Cuban citizens to obtain documentation when they reach the physical land of the United States.

Old 06-13-2017, 04:49 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ads94 View Post
Trump Expected To Restrict Trade, Travel With Cuba

Another stupid decision from the White House. Even if you are against the communist government of Cuba, it's foolish to restrict access of American companies and people from going to Cuba. The embargo hasn't worked at all, and gives the communists a clever way to blame all their problems on the Americans. Real genius plan. Best way to collapse the communist regime is to flood Cuba with American products and tourists so we force a change in policy.

But Obama started it, so the ever ego-wounded President Trump needs to swoop in and undo that policy.

I've been to Cuba, and this will do nothing except hurt Cubans, and Cuban-Americans. It will perpetuate the communist government, and not to mention hard the countless American companies already expanding operations (cruise lines, airlines, ect) in Cuba.
Good. We don't need more illegals coming and staying

Old 06-15-2017, 05:59 AM

57,307 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Good. We don't need more illegals coming and staying
So the best way to stop illegal immigration into the US is to continue down the path of making Cuba a 3rd world country through a continued embargo.

Tourism has helped the economy of both Cuba and the US but you feel re-imposing sanctions will do what?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/15/o...ft-region&_r=0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies