Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 07:54 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Uh, it's Schedule ONE!

Same as heroin.
This is insane! Makes no sense, except, it is dollars for the government and other countries. One thing I am noticing other people in the countries who bring in drugs, seem to have no drug addiction, they say, Americans have "the drug" addiction.

FC76-81........your post would not come up. The picture here is either two children who have consumed a lot of sugar and never brushing their teeth. Or my guess the mom was/is a meth addict. The bad teeth are not signs of pot smoking or that their mom smoked while carrying them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 07:57 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Are you comparing or saying this is the same as MJ? Same effects that is.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:07 AM

16,604 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The 98% of heroin users smoked pot proves NOTHING! 100% probably ate mashed potatoes, maybe they are the culprit. And where is the proof those who commited crimes after smoking weed wouldn't have commited them any way?

List some that proves those very same people had ambition and motivation in the first place.

Nice try at both rationalization and deflection.

The use of absurd comparative analogies involving potatoes is a new one on me. As obviously potatoes are not mind altering substances.
Many a doper has admitted that prior to pot, they had never done any other drugs. I'm sure it being a gateway drug makes you want to deny it, because it is a strong argument to keep your ilk from getting pro-dope laws passed.
Just like the pot heads who carry signs asking people to vote for medical pot.
They could not care less in many instances, and are only hoping it will make access for them to get dope for themselves. Not to mention that once their dirty sandal is in the door, they will push for legalization of dope for "recreation".

As to the studies proving dope has effects that impede ambition/motivation, there are some around if you care to find them. This is not a state secret or fake news. If you make a genuine effort and cannot find any, let me know and I will post some for you when I have more time.

Question though. Even if you read the study and accept it's results, would that keep you from lighting up?

`

Old 06-14-2017, 10:16 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Nice try at both rationalization and deflection.

The use of absurd comparative analogies involving potatoes is a new one on me. As obviously potatoes are not mind altering substances.
Many a doper has admitted that prior to pot, they had never done any other drugs. I'm sure it being a gateway drug makes you want to deny it, because it is a strong argument to keep your ilk from getting pro-dope laws passed.
Just like the pot heads who carry signs asking people to vote for medical pot.
They could not care less in many instances, and are only hoping it will make access for them to get dope for themselves. Not to mention that once their dirty sandal is in the door, they will push for legalization of dope for "recreation".

As to the studies proving dope has effects that impede ambition/motivation, there are some around if you care to find them. This is not a state secret or fake news. If you make a genuine effort and cannot find any, let me know and I will post some for you when I have more time.

Question though. Even if you read the study and accept it's results, would that keep you from lighting up?

`
Chances are, those heroin addicts also had alcohol or caffeine at some point long before they've had pot (if ever). Like pot, theyre mind altering substances. Unlike pot, both alcohol and caffeine have physical addiction potential.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:20 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
The study proving that pot was a gateway drug was disproved many years ago.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:23 AM

Research Proves Marijuana is Not a "Gateway Drug" | StoptheDrugWar.org

"In 2006, the University of Pittsburgh released a more thorough study in which researchers spent 12 years tracking a group of subjects from adolescence into adulthood and documented the initiation and progression of their drug use. The researchers found that the gateway theory was not only wrong, but also harmful to properly understanding and addressing drug abuse:"

Just one of many studies proving that pot is NOT a gateway drug.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:50 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
The evidence overwhelmingly points to generations of brainwashing, that this naturally occurring leaf is bad for you. I think it's just really old school thinking to think that it should still be illegal. Nobody ever got high and said let's go rob a bank. Now on the other hand, alcohol is legal yet it destroys the body and relationships. Why?
What about passing the drug test to get/keep a job? Just like with alcohol, that causes an issue on the job. Anyone "under the influence" of whatever might cloud their judgement or create a dangerous situation is gong to have employment issues.

I believe all welfare recipients should be drug-tested and no checks go to those that are not employable in many jobs.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:54 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Are you comparing or saying this is the same as MJ? Same effects that is.
Good people use prescription drugs.

Drugged Driving Now Causes More Fatal Crashes Than Drunk Driving

Old 06-14-2017, 12:01 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
I would have recommend Woods this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-dose_naltrexone

Old 06-14-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
What about passing the drug test to get/keep a job? Just like with alcohol, that causes an issue on the job. Anyone "under the influence" of whatever might cloud their judgement or create a dangerous situation is gong to have employment issues.

I believe all welfare recipients should be drug-tested and no checks go to those that are not employable in many jobs.
Several stats tried drug testing welfare people. They found that it was a losing proposition. Very few were using and it cost thousands more than they saved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies