Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 09:13 AM

21,893 posts, read 25,208,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What do you think of the radical Democrats who won't accept the election results and march in the streets siting violence to the point of what happened today?

You have to admit Republicans accepted the election results when Obama was elected even though we did not like it and thought he was not doing things right for the country. No marching in the streets and tearing up and burning down things on campuses.

What do you say to the radicals you know and how do you think they can be stopped from all the marching and violence? You know this just destroys your party. How did the radical left take over your party?
Good for them.

I don't know what "siting violence" means. It seems nonsensical. When it moves from peaceful demonstration to violence, it's a problem. Most radical democrats don't condone shooting up baseball games just as most radical Republicans don't condone murdering people on trains. The fact that you think this is a serious question is far more interesting than the rather banal question itself is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 09:19 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,789,434 times
Quote:
What do you think of the radical Democrats who won't accept the election results and march in the streets siting violence to the point of what happened today?

You have to admit Republicans accepted the election results when Obama was elected even though we did not like it and thought he was not doing things right for the country. No marching in the streets and tearing up and burning down things on campuses.

What do you say to the radicals you know and how do you think they can be stopped from all the marching and violence? You know this just destroys your party. How did the radical left take over your party?
How did the radical right take over your party? I don't even seen any moderate republicans anymore. All insane extremists who are trying to destroy this country.

Your post is ridiculous.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:23 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,653,017 times
Kinda funny how I expected the responses I've seen from some of the posters on here. Ones who can't seem to have an open mind about anything and blindly just follow what they're told to do.

That wasn't liberalism when I grew up.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:23 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,739,885 times
Quote:

I condemn violence of any kind whether it be from the far right or far left. Both are equally disgusting. That's not how we do things here in the US. And that includes your hard right brethren on this board who have recently been calling for all out civil war should Trump be removed from office by a Constitutionally approved method.

I have a feeling, based on your posting history, that you are trying to propagate the lie that only the left commit violent acts. I am suspicious of your motives here.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:29 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,638,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I often argue for the right now but I was a life long Democrat until Obama showed me what hope and change looked like. No choice but to vote for Trump and try to undo all the damage Obama caused. I still consider myself a Moderate Democrat but there is no such thing in the Democrat party anymore. Trump was the only one talking to the working class.
B.S. the Cheeto conned the working class. I am a blue collar worker and I voted for Clinton like a sane non-rich person

Old 06-15-2017, 09:31 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,533,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
There was quite an assortment but this one was particularly memorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ik4f1dRbP8
And here is a follow up of VP Pence condemning what was done to that man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3xj2A_1quo

Old 06-15-2017, 09:32 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,828,697 times
Quote:

There is never any excuse for violence, whether its the Portland incident or the incident yesterday. You do realize though, that is a small, small percentage of "liberals" who are actually violent people. Most are heavily opposed to violence, moreso than the average conservative.

Turn off Sean Hannity and get to personally know some people who may not feel the same way about Trump as you do. It might help you be more empathetic to the other side.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Good for them.

I don't know what "siting violence" means. It seems nonsensical. When it moves from peaceful demonstration to violence, it's a problem. Most radical democrats don't condone shooting up baseball games just as most radical Republicans don't condone murdering people on trains. The fact that you think this is a serious question is far more interesting than the rather banal question itself is.
Well, it is the Democrats who are losing elections acting this way. I would think the leadership would be worried about it and try to shut down the far left violent demonstrations. Instead Hillary says she is "joining the resistance", how is that for calming down her followers?

Old 06-15-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
There is never any excuse for violence, whether its the Portland incident or the incident yesterday. You do realize though, that is a small, small percentage of "liberals" who are actually violent people. Most are heavily opposed to violence, moreso than the average conservative.

Turn off Sean Hannity and get to personally know some people who may not feel the same way about Trump as you do. It might help you be more empathetic to the other side.
I never watch Hannity or listen to Rush Limbaugh either, I do watch the news though and see the riots.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:38 AM

33,586 posts, read 18,199,670 times
Crazies News Network did a great job giving daily poisonous bias and hate directed to their listeners. They have a very sick message . It took hold in many minds and the product of the poisonous message is hate and division.. GUARD YOUR HEART for what you believe. Guard your mind of the division of hate.

I remember going to the Trump rallies and Trump would talk about the bias of the media that we all know exists. Trump would point to all the cameramen in the back. We would turn our heads to them smiling. We knew enough they were just hired to record the news. They were not hated. We all were smiling at them. No hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies