Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 03:51 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times

Advertisements

Ronald Reagan famously said:

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/q...eag183965.html

I think the Progressives will ruin our Freedom and this country in just about that period of time if things don't change immediately. Personally, I'm not hopeful that change will come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 03:56 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
When I first read the title of this thread, I thought "wow, seems like a fair and reasonable post. I'd like to participate."

But then I noticed it read "What will the LEFT do to reintroduce civility to our politics...."

And then I realized that this is just another one-sided, liberal-bashing thread started by a conservative. Bummer.
Better discussion here: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...p-restore.html

This is a not-so-well-disguised bashing thread full of assumptions and things that people aren't actually saying. When you start a thread out like that, you can't expect there to be an honest discussion. Especially when you don't address the giant elephant in the room that is Trump, the alt-right, and all of the rhetoric we have witnessed over the last ~2 years...it would be like punching someone in the face and then wondering, in amazement, why that person is punching back.

Of course, the correct thing to do there is to make sure no one is punching anyone to begin with!!!

I'm sure the OP wants some angry responses so he/she can say "Seeeeeeeee!!!!! TOLD YA ALL!"........

Sorry, I'm not taking your dishonest bait, OP!

Old 06-15-2017, 04:16 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Why are you all fragile and dance around the topic? Boohoo wahh... bashed my party... Participate. Share your input instead of crying foul.
Because the right is just as guilty as the left. The problem is the right don't realize they share the blame and instead think it is just the left. You can substitute both sides in there. I'm just calling it how it really is.

Old 06-15-2017, 04:19 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
I'm sure the left wills step up as the right is stepping up right now. Ted Nugent owning his part....Ted Nugent Promises to Stop 'Hateful Rhetoric' After Alexandria Shooting (Audio)

Old 06-15-2017, 04:38 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
There's been a lot of lip service about "civility" from Democrat Senators and Representatives on TV and the radio over the past two days. They all seem to profess a desire to return to the days where the "climate" isn't so divisive and charged with animosity.

My question is what, if anything, will these liberals do to work towards the civility they claim they want?

Will they stop claiming that efforts to reform the failed ACA will result in "killing thousands of people"?

Will they stop claiming that conservatives are bigots/racists/xenophobes simply because they want illegal immigration addressed.

Will they stop making wild-eyes accusations of treason with no evidence whatsoever simply because they lost an election?

Will they stop encouraging their followers to "resist," to "take out Trump and company," and warning that there must be "blood in the streets"?

Will they stop violent protests that silence political speech they disagree with at colleges and universities?

Will they stop their angry and hateful rhetoric about racism and brutality committed on a systemic basis by police officers and other law enforcement officials?

My prediction is that we'll have a few days of relative quiet from the left, and then it will be back to the same all out war of rhetoric on conservatives and Republicans. And then, predictably, more violence will follow as the next unhinged Bernie supporter loses it and makes an assassination attempt or worse.
No, they won't. They'll make excuses just like the second poster on this thread. They can never man up and say, "We were wrong, we make no excuses for our sh***y words and actions. We owe the country a huge apology." End.

Nope. It's impossible for them. So don't expect to see anything change. Yesterday's remarks were no different than people changing their avatars after every terror attack.

A whole lot of show that means nothing.

The left uses a lot of words to attack. It's what they've been doing for years. Attack with words, over and over, drill it in peoples minds so that they start to believe it.

Now that it's on them, they're crying about it. Too bad. The left has called the entire Republican party haters, racists, sexists, homophobes, etc, lied about their history and tried to say the Republican history was theirs, have tried to tear down physical monuments of our history in this country, have opened the flood gates to allow European history to be destroyed, and now they're sniveling because we are calling them out for who they truly are.

They deserve every last bit of condemnation.

Old 06-15-2017, 04:47 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,922 times
Well one thing the left can do is point out that the GOP leader himself is the source of the most insane child-like posts.

He just called Mueller a very bad man like he was addressing a dog that ate his favorite golden golf ball.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:01 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,113,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I wouldn't expect anything less from you two. Bipartisan is a bad word to you.
Yep. THey're not even worth responding to.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:07 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
There's been a lot of lip service about "civility" from Democrat Senators and Representatives on TV and the radio over the past two days. They all seem to profess a desire to return to the days where the "climate" isn't so divisive and charged with animosity.

My question is what, if anything, will these liberals do to work towards the civility they claim they want?

Will they stop claiming that efforts to reform the failed ACA will result in "killing thousands of people"?

Will they stop claiming that conservatives are bigots/racists/xenophobes simply because they want illegal immigration addressed.

Will they stop making wild-eyes accusations of treason with no evidence whatsoever simply because they lost an election?

Will they stop encouraging their followers to "resist," to "take out Trump and company," and warning that there must be "blood in the streets"?

Will they stop violent protests that silence political speech they disagree with at colleges and universities?

Will they stop their angry and hateful rhetoric about racism and brutality committed on a systemic basis by police officers and other law enforcement officials?

My prediction is that we'll have a few days of relative quiet from the left, and then it will be back to the same all out war of rhetoric on conservatives and Republicans. And then, predictably, more violence will follow as the next unhinged Bernie supporter loses it and makes an assassination attempt or worse.
What, if Anything, will the Left Do to Reintroduce Civility to Our Politics and Tone Down the Rhetoric?

Ironically, in order to restore civility they should say nothing like this.

Last edited by Enigma777; 06-15-2017 at 05:39 PM..

Old 06-15-2017, 05:19 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No, they won't. They'll make excuses just like the second poster on this thread. They can never man up and say, "We were wrong, we make no excuses for our sh***y words and actions. We owe the country a huge apology." End.

Nope. It's impossible for them. So don't expect to see anything change. Yesterday's remarks were no different than people changing their avatars after every terror attack.

A whole lot of show that means nothing.

The left uses a lot of words to attack. It's what they've been doing for years. Attack with words, over and over, drill it in peoples minds so that they start to believe it.

Now that it's on them, they're crying about it. Too bad. The left has called the entire Republican party haters, racists, sexists, homophobes, etc, lied about their history and tried to say the Republican history was theirs, have tried to tear down physical monuments of our history in this country, have opened the flood gates to allow European history to be destroyed, and now they're sniveling because we are calling them out for who they truly are.

They deserve every last bit of condemnation.
Omg you're hilarious.

Barack HUSSEIN Obummer (who was born in Kenya folks, believe me) and his wife "Mooch" Moochelle, got nothing but continual nasty crap from some on the right (including the current POTUS) for eight years and you're just now having a little hissy fit about words having meaning?

Good Lawdy you slay me with mirth regarding the rank hippocracy on display here.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:19 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Gee, a blue controlled state declared I should pay more in property taxes so they could this year, start paying for its residents to attend state colleges.
Said blue state declared my AR and AK pattern rifles make me a felon worse than a child molester yet wants to provide state funded injection safe spaces for opioid users to curb OD. Since they a couple years ago, neutered the police force and make them now administer narcan and not arrest anyone present at the scene...

This red state... Oh yeah. Heat and humidity sucks but the police go hunt drug dealers...
My rifles are fine
Tax burden is low
So far they're the answer to the problems I had...
Then again, I never had my hand out. Nor did I have crippling student debt. Never had an issue pertaining to health care or health insurance pre obama...

It's actually cheaper and I'll continue to do so, to claim I Don't have insurance vs having to come up with the deductible plus med Co pays...

So let me ask you all on the left. Why stand firm and defiant against the travel ban, voter ID and wall?
Because I can't figure the logic behind that at all unless you want what's going on in Europe here, and use illegals for votes... correct me if I'm wrong I'm still trying to figure that one out...

You think your personal problems are what I was referring to? Jesus...

But I'll ask your blanket, "the world is blue and red" questions.

His travel ban was too broad. American citizens were having their phones confiscated at the border when coming back from countries that weren't even on the ban. No probable cause cites of course. And countries like Saudi Arabia somehow were left off the list.

I have nothing against voter ID. Federalize it and make a universal ID that can cover all of people's needs. I'm perfectly fine with that.

The wall is a frivolous construction project. I'm all for increased border security, but I see no purpose in the wall. The wall without guards is hardly fool proof so why not just use the guards and ditch the wall? It's cheaper and Trump's the one telling us how bad the government is with money. Why not put that money into healthcare, which he said he supported on the campaign trail.

And just for clarity, I speak for no one but myself. I don't represent the left nor does anyone. And all who suggest otherwise... they're part of the problem that I was referring to earlier. Which again, weren't your personal problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies