Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2017, 09:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
If Yanez' version of events are true - and the video didn't disprove it - then I fully understand why a jury wouldn't find him guilty.

If you feel that Yanez is lying then I can understand why you think Yanez should be locked up.

The honest fact of the matter is, and I am not sure that you want an honest discussion, is that this incident and case is murky and hard to tell exactly what happened with certainty. For the Washington Post to bash the NRA for not picking a side before an investigation when it isn't obvious what happened is asinine slanted BS politics. To demand that the NRA pick a side when they still don't have a clue exactly as to what happened isn't much different.

Neither you or I truly know if Yanez is telling the truth - if he is telling the truth, it isn't shocking he got off.
The NRA took a side when they didn't side with a legal gun owner. We already know what side their on.

So from here on out, they'd better not EVER take the side of a legal gun owner over the police. If they do, then we'll all know why they didn't stand behind Castile.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
NRA's mission is to advocate for gun rights for law abiding citizens. Not weigh in on court cases. They aren't doing Nancy Grace court case talk shows.
A law abiding citizen (unless having a broken light makes you a criminal) had his GUN rights violated, and now he's dead.

So where is their advocacy now?

Old 06-16-2017, 09:50 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
George Soros didn't shoot anybody.

The issue is that a black man, committing no crime, was pulled over with a busted taillight as the pretext. He supposedly resembled a robber because he had a "wide set nose."

His gun permit was legal, and he was committing no crime and wasn't being arrested. So why is he dead?

Does the Second Amendment apply to everyone or just white people? That's the question.

This ain't got a damn thing to do with BLM or George Soros. They didn't shoot anyone.
Then don't merge two of my posts. Understand?

As to your question, the 2nd amendment absolutely applies to everyone. Castile wasn't shot because he owned a gun. He wasn't shot because he had a C & C permit. He was shot because the police officer was scared he was reaching for the gun, after being told not to. I don't think Castile was going for his gun. I also don't think the police officer is a cold blooded killer. I think it was a tragic accident. I don't think Yanez should go to jail, but I do think his police career should be over & Castile's family should get a healthy settlement from the city.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:51 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times
Quote:
A law abiding citizen (unless having a broken light makes you a criminal) had his GUN rights violated, and now he's dead.

He wasn't shot merely for having a gun. He was shot because the cop thought he was going to use the gun. Two very different things.

NRA advocates for the 2nd amendment.

Why should we trust what you think about this case vs a jury that examined it in greater detail for hours? Are you saying the jury was racist?

Old 06-16-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:

You can't reach for your gun when an officer tells you not to.

5,859 posts, read 3,297,839 times
He was shot because he could not listen to simple instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Then don't merge two of my posts. Understand?

As to your question, the 2nd amendment absolutely applies to everyone. Castile wasn't shot because he owned a gun. He wasn't shot because he had a C & C permit. He was shot because the police officer was scared he was reaching for the gun, after being told not to. I don't think Castile was going for his gun. I also don't think the police officer is a cold blooded killer. I think it was a tragic accident. I don't think Yanez should go to jail, but I do think his police career should be over & Castile's family should get a healthy settlement from the city.
Castile looked like a robbery suspect from 4 days earlier because "he had a wide set nose."

But this was just a tragic accident.

Ok.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
He wasn't shot merely for having a gun. He was shot because the cop thought he was going to use the gun. Two very different things.

NRA advocates for the 2nd amendment.

Why should we trust what you think about this case vs a jury that examined it in greater detail for hours? Are you saying the jury was racist?
There were two Black jurors that found Yanez not guilty.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Castile looked like a robbery suspect from 4 days earlier because "he had a wide set nose."

But this was just a tragic accident.

Ok.
Yes exactly. You're finally starting to get it.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:56 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
There were two Black jurors that found Yanez not guilty.
So that means all the white jurors were racist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies