Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which party is the party of KKK?
Democrats 94 74.60%
Republicans 30 23.81%
I don't know. 2 1.59%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 10:52 AM

18,501 posts, read 9,170,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
That's just your opinion.

The Democrat is the fascist party of America today.
Guano loco...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 10:52 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It isn't "factual history." Get an education, and quit lying!
This is a personal attack

Old 06-21-2017, 10:53 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
No, actually it is not my opinion. It is an opinion of the English language and the field of political science, which makes if a fact by the way. Neither party is a fascist party. Period. And this is based on the defintion of fascism. It's based on what fascist governments are like and what fascists support, neither of which line up with either major party.
You need to look at what they are actually doing.

1. Proposing outright confiscation of people's legally obtained properties is fascism.
2. Shutting down free speech by violence is fascism.
3. Proposing big government control is fascism

Old 06-21-2017, 10:55 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
That is because you are ignorant on the topic, so let me quickly educate you.

Since the DNC abandoned them, they have no party which supports racism. There is no "white people are superior" party for them to align.

This means they have to select a party based upon other priorities.

What are other issues important to the KKK:

1. The Second - They want to have their guns, and the party that supports the Second is the GOP.

2. The First - The KKK wants to be able to have their newsletters, their hate music and their rallies. They know the DNC is weaker on the First and is more likely to make more exceptions to the First for speech they don't like.

3. Freedom of association - The KKK can be busted up if the government is able to decide who you can and can't associate with. Once again, the GOP is less likely to pass such laws.

4. Immigration - The KKK doesn't like most foreigners. The GOP claims to be stronger on illegal immigration than the DNC, so it's only natural to side with the GOP on the border.

Neither party is the party of racism, which the KKK would really like, but one party is better on issues that do affect the KKK.

There, now you aren't quite as ignorant on this subject any longer.
pedro, i am nice so here is a hint, edit your post to remove "ignorant" before someone not as nice as me reports it...

Old 06-21-2017, 10:57 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Quote:

1. Proposing outright confiscation of people's legally obtained properties is fascism.
lifeexplorer, you never answered my question. I'm sure you're seeing my posts since you're still actively responding to other people.

DO YOU THINK MOST KKK MEMBERS TODAY IN 2017 ARE DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN?

Old 06-21-2017, 10:57 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Pedro a quick reminder

KKK LIKE the republican party.

KKK endorsed TRUMP and continue to do so.

You have only to google Trump KKK to see what an evil guy trump really is.

Quote:
President-elect Donald Trump is drawing praise from the Ku Klux Klan, neo-Nazis and other white nationalist groups for appointing former Breitbart executive Stephen Bannon as his chief strategist.
KKK, American Nazi Party praise Trump's hiring of Bannon | TheHill
Quote:
KKK’s official newspaper supports Donald Trump for president
It is called the Crusader — and it is one of the most prominent newspapers of the Ku Klux Klan.

Under the banner "Make America Great Again," the entire front page of the paper's current issue is devoted to a lengthy defense of Trump’s message — an embrace some have labeled a de facto endorsement.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.418ef65581b9

JUST IN THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS....
Quote:
The Mobile Police Department is investigating a series of KKK fliers praising President Donald Trump being distributed in a west Mobile neighborhood this past weekend.
KKK fliers praising President Donald Trump surface in west Mobile | AL.com

LOOKS TO ME LIKE THE Rs are the current party of CHOICE for the KKK.

Resolved the KKK have PICKED the Republican party because you guys reflect their views. ie racist walls, lots of hate and anger etc....

Old 06-21-2017, 11:00 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,783 times
Quote:

1. Are you referring to any specific property? I'm not really following this intentionally vague point. Because if you had a real point, you'd be a little more specific.

2. Democrats are? As part of their official platform? A senate committee meeting on free speech was aired yesterday. I only watched maybe 30 minutes of it. In that time, they had a number of liberal Democrats on, all speaking favorably of free speech.

3. No. Big government does not mean fascism. Fascist governments typically require a single ruler to unilaterally make decisions. I'm not seeing much Democratic support for that. It requires all property to be considered state owned. Not seeing much support for that either. All industry, while allowed to be privately managed, can be forcefully directed in every way by the state to serve state needs. Again, where is the support for that?

Old 06-21-2017, 11:02 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times
Quote:
Please be honest and do not google or search. Just go by what you know.

Let's how how good you are.
It's safe to say that most people who know the answer to this question without googling it are 30 years of age and older. Most under 30 years old assume it's the Republicans.

Another fact that seriously confuses is in regards to President Lincoln. President Lincoln fought to free the slaves, and yes..... he was a Republican. For this fact, I don't buy into the claim suggested that the KKK turned republican after feeling betrayed by a president (LBJ) roughly a hundred years later.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:03 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Southern Democrats aka Dixiecrats were the party of the Ku Klux Klan. That said, they have voted Republican before in both 1964 (Goldwater conservatism) and 1972 with Nixon, before going towards Republicans minus southern Democrats like Carter and B. Clinton.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:05 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Southern Democrats aka Dixiecrats were the party of the Ku Klux Klan. That said, they have voted Republican before in both 1964 (Goldwater conservatism) and 1972 with Nixon, before going towards Republicans minus southern Democrats like Carter and B. Clinton.
I agree with the bold, though will note that there were KKK members of both parties in the Midwest.

Racism and the ideology of white supremacy are not specific to any political party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies