Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 10:45 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
If that's true, why call people who voted and support Trump names?
Because one has to have limits, and Trump supporters have proven they're so dangerous, so out of touch with reality, and such an irrational cult, they deserve to be called out for the harm they're doing to this country and the world.

Trump worshippers are doing more damage to this country than ISIS could ever dream of. ISIS can't destroy 100 years of our world influence, ally relationships, and soft power. Trump has already done that in 5 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 10:54 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,253,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
So liberals aren't "anti war" after all
Are there any "liberals" (I'm not a "liberal" I'm a real Lefty) that are anti defensive wars anyway? (Defensive wars being very different from offensive ones - are there any liberals that wouldn't defend their country if it was invaded?) Nevermind the fact that this is not a war in the traditional sense in that people get killed, but a cyber war where truth and facts are being killed and disinformation is the weapon of choice. The only way to fight it is with the truth and facts and a good dose of critical thinking - a good start to the defence would be for US schools to start teaching critical thinking and how to spot disinformation (something schools in Sweden have started teaching in response to the Russia threat)

Old 06-27-2017, 07:59 AM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,783,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Because one has to have limits, and Trump supporters have proven they're so dangerous, so out of touch with reality, and such an irrational cult, they deserve to be called out for the harm they're doing to this country and the world.

Trump worshippers are doing more damage to this country than ISIS could ever dream of. ISIS can't destroy 100 years of our world influence, ally relationships, and soft power. Trump has already done that in 5 months.
I'm a Trump support. So I'm all of the above (bold)?

Regarding the ISIS comparison:

Old 06-27-2017, 09:36 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
You just have to love the hypocrisy here. Even if this is true the Left has no moral standing since their favorite POTUS of all time (Barrack Obama) instructed people to meddle into the Israeli election, using tax payer money, to support the challenger. That money was used to spread propaganda, fear, leak stuff about Netanyahu, etc. SAME EXACT THING!

Old 06-27-2017, 09:37 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
I'm a Trump support. So I'm all of the above (bold)?

Regarding the ISIS comparison:
If you're still a Trump supporter yes. The man is an unhinged lunatic, and you guys will defend him to your deathbed no matter what insane things he does. That's the very definition of a cult. I don't think your realize your allegiance to Trump and how much people constantly worship and praise him is very much how people behave in North Korea and praise Kim Jung Un.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:00 PM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,783,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
If you're still a Trump supporter yes. The man is an unhinged lunatic, and you guys will defend him to your deathbed no matter what insane things he does. That's the very definition of a cult. I don't think your realize your allegiance to Trump and how much people constantly worship and praise him is very much how people behave in North Korea and praise Kim Jung Un.
I don't defend him, and don't approve of everything he's doing. Big difference. However, I do think he ran on a platform I support and he's working hard to fulfill his campaign promises (shocker, right). So you're seeing this very black & white. The comparison with NK (and earlier ISIS) are just silly and condescending.

Losing an election hurts, I understand. Losing to someone like Trump is double painful. But the rhetoric from the left (like you) has literally killed people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies