Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 11:09 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,135,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
My uncle is a plastic surgeon, he said a lot of women go through plastic surgery in order to feel more youthful, and beautiful. They do it for themselves and their confidence.

Honestly speaking, her facelift is something personal to her. It should never be brought up or discussed in public. A good man won't touch that subject.
I saw someone with a facelift once. They had two sets of eyebrows. The original ones up high, and painted on ones between the real ones and the eyes. Scared the hell out of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 11:11 AM

39,266 posts, read 27,666,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
I saw someone with a facelift once. They had two sets of eyebrows. The original ones up high, and painted on ones between the real ones and the eyes. Scared the hell out of me.
Maybe a bad one? I don't know..

My mother does botox every four months. Once her eyebrow dropped LOL scared the hell out of me too

haha But seriously, women do it for their confidence. They have the right to do so.

A good woman and a good man should never use that (plastic surgery) to attack them.....

Old 06-30-2017, 11:13 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,097,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Also, it was a lie. 'Donald Trump is not well': Brzezinski and Scarborough respond - Jun. 30, 2017

From the article: Photos of Brzezinski at Mar-a-Lago contradict this. "Putting aside Mr. Trump's never-ending obsession with women's blood, Mika and her face were perfectly intact, as pictures from that night reveal," they said in the column. "And though it is no one's business, the president's petulant personal attack against yet another woman's looks compels us to report that Mika has never had a face-lift. If she had, it would be evident to anyone watching 'Morning Joe' on their high-definition TV. She did have a little skin under her chin tweaked, but this was hardly a state secret. Her mother suggested she do so, and all those around her were aware of this mundane fact."
Trump LIED???? Oh, my! That hasn't happened in...oh, a few minutes now--or whenever was the last time he opened his mouth, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981

I can't defend him on this one.
Kudos to you, lily. I wish a few more Trump supporters would stop defending him on these kinds of things. It would give them a little more credibility if they would admit that this kind of behavior not acceptable from our president.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:14 AM

224 posts, read 134,508 times
Good for you Trump. Hypocrites at MSNBC and Morning Joe finally got their wakeup. They thought getting into bed with the devil (I mean...the Don) would make their show successful...and it did!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.b54ec9b4cf90

Is

But the Don isn't loyal to anyone. They hypocrisy is that Mika and Joe go from being instrumental to his election in terms of free airtime to being critical of him (either knowing or stupidly ignorant that he would lash back). And yet, they're still chummy with him behind the scenes.

Mika Brzezinski, Joe Scarborough explain what happened with Trump at Mar-a-Lago - Business Insider

So what he lied about inviting them. After all the criticism they leveled against their buddy, they still show up his Winter White House (she reluctantly agreed to go....yeah right!). This outrage over what he's done is pure nonsense. The Don has been doing low stuff like this since day one. And quite frankly, this is 100x better than watching House of Cards.

Keep it up Don! This is the greatest show on earth! And I can't even stand the man!

Old 06-30-2017, 11:15 AM

33,589 posts, read 18,205,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I'd be interested to see the defense of this too, after all the lectures from those leaning right regarding how awful left wing rhetoric is.

This is pretty low, even for Trump.
Sure, Joe saying pooping in the pants about Trump.. such class.....

Old 06-30-2017, 11:15 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,291,973 times
Now that Joe Scarborough has related the story of basically being blackmailed by the WH and threatened with an Enquirer story, if they didn't give Trump better coverage, things should be escalated. Joe says he has texts and phone records as proof that Trump's tweet regarding the Enquirer story is a lie. I think it's time to call out Trump.

Publish the evidence. Let us see who is lying. If it turns out that Trump is lying, it is definitely time to investigate. This is an accusation of blackmail from the WH in collusion with the Enquirer, and it is serious.

Anyone who believes the known liar Trump is telling the truth while all those who have dealt with him are lying, is extremely gullible. Everyone lies except Trump? As McCain said--When Pigs Fly.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:17 AM

3,909 posts, read 2,127,371 times
Quote:
The hosts of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” on Friday made the startling allegation that senior White House officials threatened them with a negative story in the National Enquirer unless they called President Trump and apologized.
'Morning Joe' hosts: White House threatened us with tabloid story | TheHill

Trump belongs in a nut house.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:17 AM

39,266 posts, read 27,666,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
T

Kudos to you, lily. I wish a few more Trump supporters would stop defending him on these kinds of things. It would give them a little more credibility if they would admit that this kind of behavior not acceptable from our president.
I try I try.

I can be pretty biased and I am glad that I have cd posters to put me in my place. lol

Old 06-30-2017, 11:18 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,584,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
That looks a lot like blackmail.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:18 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,305,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Why should they when apparently the professional News Agencies don't have them?
WK, news agencies have some degree of standards. I don't really think of chit-chatty morning shows as "hard-hitting journalism" in the first place.

That said, Trump isn't being attacked by the news without reason. News agencies report the news. Trump is constantly doing something stupid, and they report it, then people who support him (and Trump himself) lose their marbles over the fact that it was pointed out.

Mika (and I'm not even a fan of hers) pointed out that Trump's TIME covers were false. The ARE FALSE.

What part of that earned her his comeback?

Yes, she's has previously stated that she thinks he's got mental problems. Hell, I agree with her on that one, because no President, no matter how many times they've been called out by the press, has ever posted a Twitter attack on a morning show host's physical person.

Trump is only doing what Trump has always done. It was okay back when he was a private citizen and it is simply inappropriate now.

Grossly inappropriate.

As is evidenced by the volume of tweets from both parties, critical of his behavior in this instance.

So, defend him all you want. That's your right.

But, know that most thinking-minded Americans expect more from a president. I think you're smart enough to know he was out of line, and too stubborn to admit it.

And, you can report that as a personal attack, but it's a compliment.

I'm often quite stubborn myself. But, please, don't defend this behavior in a President, WK.

You can defend him about pretty much anything else, but tweet attacks on private citizens aren't okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies