Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 02:53 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,111,265 times

Advertisements

Read the article, their son's condition was terminal with or without the experimental drug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 02:55 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Family sues insurer who denied teen transplant - Health - Health care | NBC News

Long story short, Cigna denied claim for organ transplant, but reverses their decision at the last minute when it was too late. Patient died. Cigna death panels.

/End thread

Old 06-30-2017, 02:58 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Family sues insurer who denied teen transplant - Health - Health care | NBC News

Long story short, Cigna denied claim for organ transplant, but reverses their decision at the last minute when it was too late. Patient died. Cigna death panels.

/End thread
LMAO... shut DOWN!

Old 06-30-2017, 03:01 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
There could always be an amendment if that is the case
It's not unconstitutional. If it was we wouldn't have Medicare. He has no idea what he's talking about. A few years ago he claimed that Canadians were literally dying in the streets because of their healthcare system. My Canadian colleagues had a great time laughing at his post.

Old 06-30-2017, 03:03 PM

275 posts, read 185,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
The people who say "I want my own healthcare for me"... why don't you just get a job with employer healthcare? Seems like an easy answer to me. It's your choice you want to play the individual market game at all.
Fine! Another nail for the coffin of entrepreneurship. I have commented before in C-D that one of the main reasons I haven't allowed my husband to quit his corporate job and let him create his own company is health insurance and many others may feel the same

Old 06-30-2017, 03:16 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,706,694 times
It shouldn't be a right for an employer to provide health insurance. Issue is it has fallen on employers as a standard to provide health insurance. Need to shift the burden away from employers. Also need to ensure healthcare is affordable and everyone who wants healthcare has access to it.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:06 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
We knew this was coming. You give governments control of health care, it will get to this at some point in the future
Obviously you've never seen what lifetime limits or insurance red pens can do.

Same thing. See below.

That said, at first I was on the parents side. But even the American doctor said that he was led to believe the infant's health was better than it actually was. All he would do is prolong the suffering.

This baby will never roll over, move, eat, hear, or see - even if he lives another 10 years. A horrible life.

The kindest thing in the world is to let him die naturally and swiftly - knowing they did all that they could.

Sometimes kindly doctors have to tell parents of a dying child with cancer - that nothing more can be done. To take the child home and let him die in peace. And that's in this country.

At some point, it's just torture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

/End thread
Absolutely. It happens every day.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:07 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,450,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I know this has to be a very rare situation, but in a country of 325 million it might become less rare.

UK Hospital Orders Child's Death, Parents Fight to Save Him | CBN News
UK system is not "single payer."

But, yes, this is a why we don't want the government running healthcare.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:32 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
And if the parents don't have the money? (Hint, the vast majority of families in this country don't have that kind of money)
Then they can try to raise money. If they can't raise money then the hospital can stop care. You can't use other people's money and resources to ventilate a dead body.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:40 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I know this has to be a very rare situation, but in a country of 325 million it might become less rare.

UK Hospital Orders Child's Death, Parents Fight to Save Him | CBN News
The best thing the parents could do was to let him go...he was brain dead. Of course it's hard because this is your child, but do what's right for your child. Don't let him suffer because of your needs to hold on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies