Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should transgendered individuals be able to serve in United States of America's military?
Yes 101 52.33%
No 92 47.67%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 11:09 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,070,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Um, one little problem (for you), It is NOT unconstitutional. Show me where in the Constitution that it says the US armed forces is required to let anyone serve for any reason. You have no clue what you are talking about. Worry about your own ignorance instead of worrying about Trump and the courts.
That may be true, but what's the change based on??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 11:25 PM

1,289 posts, read 938,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
sorry, but your silly attempts to compare a mental illness to civil rights is not working.
I am not comparing a mental illness to civil rights. They are not similar and can't be compared. I'm drawing a causation between fear of change and making silly excuses.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:38 PM

983 posts, read 738,703 times
These Social Justice Weaklings deny the logic of such a call. Perhaps we should disallow heterosexual White men from the military. Only non-whites, women and freaks. That should appease them, but they will call it a conspiracy to have them die off. Idiots.

A grown man who believes himself to be a woman is mentally ill.

The same would hold true for a man who believes himself to be pirate, a super hero, or a starship captain.

Attempts to act out these fantasies in one's day to day life should constitute all the proof of mental illness a court needs to commit an adult for psychiatric treatment. Instead, our society shifts the burden to normal people to play along with another's demented fantasy on pain of of being prosecuted or sued for discrimination.

To suppress the normal for the benefit of the crazy is a sign of a civilization at the end of its cultural rope. At this point the whole sick system has to be swept away, the sooner the better, so a new world can be rebuilt from the rubble.

This executive order was a massive symbolic step in the right direction.

Now Trump might want to consider bringing back the Aliens and Sedition Act for his next coup.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:41 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,963,115 times
I think we're missing the point. If you're qualified why should your gender (alone) disqualify you?

Old 07-27-2017, 12:08 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,045,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I think we're missing the point. If you're qualified why should your gender (alone) disqualify you?
Because you are not qualified. And can't be qualified. A mental illness of the magnitude of denying your most basic attribute is a disconnect from reality, and more than sufficient grounds to be deemed mentally ill. If you can't agree with yourself as to your basic nature, then you are already at war. With yourself. There is no need to resort to recruiting the mentally ill and charge them with life and death decision making. That should only be open to people who can demonstrate basic cognitive consonance with reality.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:21 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Because you are not qualified. And can't be qualified. A mental illness of the magnitude of denying your most basic attribute is a disconnect from reality, and more than sufficient grounds to be deemed mentally ill. If you can't agree with yourself as to your basic nature, then you are already at war. With yourself. There is no need to resort to recruiting the mentally ill and charge them with life and death decision making. That should only be open to people who can demonstrate basic cognitive consonance with reality.
Agreed.

I wanted to join the Air Force, but I could not because I am a diabetic. I was bummed, but certainly understood why. I require medication 2 times a day..every day or I might die. It would be impossible to absolutely guarantee that i would never miss a dose if im in a foxhole guarding against attack.

I didn't scream and whine that my rights were bieng violated and its unconstitutional.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:50 AM

1,289 posts, read 938,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
A grown man who believes himself to be a woman is mentally ill.
The same would hold true for a man who believes himself to be pirate, a super hero, or a starship captain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64

Marc Paolella
Because you are not qualified. And can't be qualified. A mental illness of the magnitude of denying your most basic attribute is a disconnect from reality, and more than sufficient grounds to be deemed mentally ill.

Is either one of you a certified, qualified, medical professional? If not, do you believe you can diagnose medical conditions? What indicator of your mental health would it be if you believed either one of these notions?

Old 07-27-2017, 01:10 AM

983 posts, read 738,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Exactly. May as well let the legally blind pilot aircraft for the USAF so as to not "discriminate".

Old 07-27-2017, 01:15 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiaLia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64

Marc Paolella
Because you are not qualified. And can't be qualified. A mental illness of the magnitude of denying your most basic attribute is a disconnect from reality, and more than sufficient grounds to be deemed mentally ill.

Is either one of you a certified, qualified, medical professional? If not, do you believe you can diagnose medical conditions? What indicator of your mental health would it be if you believed either one of these notions?
So, by your logic, someone who was born as male cannot claim to be a female since they are not qualified as a medical professional to make such a claim..is that what your saying?

Old 07-27-2017, 01:19 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,799,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Are we going to go down the rabbit hole of what Healthcare the military should pay for for its soldiers? If so, what are your thoughts on covering erectile dysfunction? Pentagon spends 10 times more on erectile disfunction meds than transgender services

Do you find this coverage to be a wise use of military funds (taxpayer money)?

What you're advocating feels like a very slippery slope.
I learned something interesting today while reading articles and comments from other military members etc. The fact about ED drugs was brought up. Someone spoke up and said that he and a few friends were prescribed it for PTSD. I did some research and found out that the two are linked together.
Study from 2006- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16855464 There were several other articles as I looked into it more. I wonder how much of the amount the pentagon spends is for the VA?
I know when my husband had a bad landing not only did his short term memory have issues but he had issues in that department too. He called it his brain fog. He was given a few pills until his head "fog" cleared up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Our military is not an entitlement program . People are denied entry and get discharged often, for many reasons.
So very, very true. We can also lose the things we have access to. Commissary, PX, access to base, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies