Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Trump and company collude with an enemy of the USA to win the presidency?
Yes 213 59.83%
No 143 40.17%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 06:37 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at the poll here on CD. I bet the 60 percent of folks who think Trump is dirty didn't bother to show up and vote against him. Shame. I know that 35 percent showed up en masse.

Old 07-16-2017, 06:40 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
trump, donald jr, kellyanne and pence all directly denied that there was any meeting with russians during the campaign. we now know that to be false.

that's a big fat one.
you are completely correct. I find it very strange how the same folk here saying 'there were no meetings" are now down to arguing the CONTENT of the those meetings..

first they denied the meetings every happened and pretended there was no "russia" now they defend the nature of those meetings.

Next they will be claiming 'sure they got help from russia, but it does not matter.... oh wait too late, they are already saying that on fox...

Old 07-16-2017, 06:53 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I'm looking at the poll here on CD. I bet the 60 percent of folks who think Trump is dirty didn't bother to show up and vote against him. Shame. I know that 35 percent showed up en masse.
I tried. Voted 3rd party in a state where it actually might have made a difference. Sigh. People defaulted back to that R, especially after Hatch said something.

Old 07-16-2017, 06:54 PM

26,581 posts, read 14,449,955 times
....and the story keeps getting funkier. turns out that natalia veselnitskaya got her prime seat in the audience behind the ambassador at a senate hearing from..... the husband of the FL chair of trump's campaign.

Russian lawyer obtained Hill hearing seat from former Florida Trump campaign chair's husband - ABC News

i don't believe this has any direct correlation to the meeting with trump jr but i do find it funny that the gateway pundit, along with some posters on this thread, were trying to use it as proof that she was working with the obama administration.

Old 07-16-2017, 07:08 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
It's not a start. It's called hedging your bets. The only thing that would get the GOP to stop backing Trump is if he was caught admitting sexual assault ........
He did, and that didn't work either.

Old 07-16-2017, 07:37 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
The Secret Service has disputed claims made by Donald Trump’s lawyer that they would have vetted anyone meeting with his son, in the wake of revelations Donald Jr. met with a Kremlin-linked lawyer in June 2016.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/secret-ju...211542075.html

Old 07-16-2017, 07:50 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Trump's attorney is a ninny.

Sekulow told This Week: “Well, I wonder why the Secret Service, if this was nefarious, why the Secret Service allowed these people in."

Trump Jr. wasn't getting protection from the Secret Service at that time.

Plus, the Secret Service doesn't screen visitors to make sure that the meetings are on the up and up.

They screen visitors to make sure there's no physical danger to those they are protecting.

What a ridiculous thing to say. But probably no more ridiculous than going on TV and announcing the Trump was under investigation, that Trump was not under investigation, and that he had no way of knowing if Trump was under investigation as they don't tell him that sort of stuff. All within a few minutes.

Old 07-16-2017, 07:51 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
It would have been impossible to vet everyone back when Obama was President. He never enforced immigration laws. Trump wasn't even the Republican nominee back then, these were all just private citizens

Old 07-16-2017, 08:07 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump's attorney is a ninny.

Sekulow told This Week: “Well, I wonder why the Secret Service, if this was nefarious, why the Secret Service allowed these people in."

Trump Jr. wasn't getting protection from the Secret Service at that time.

Plus, the Secret Service doesn't screen visitors to make sure that the meetings are on the up and up.

They screen visitors to make sure there's no physical danger to those they are protecting.

What a ridiculous thing to say. But probably no more ridiculous than going on TV and announcing the Trump was under investigation, that Trump was not under investigation, and that he had no way of knowing if Trump was under investigation as they don't tell him that sort of stuff. All within a few minutes.
Well, Trump only hires the best of the best.

Old 07-16-2017, 08:19 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
you are completely correct. I find it very strange how the same folk here saying 'there were no meetings" are now down to arguing the CONTENT of the those meetings..

first they denied the meetings every happened and pretended there was no "russia" now they defend the nature of those meetings.

Next they will be claiming 'sure they got help from russia, but it does not matter.... oh wait too late, they are already saying that on fox...
#1 Meeting a Russian person is not the same as meeting the Russian government for purposes of conclusion. Key Democrats meet with Russians and Russian government officials all the time (and of other countries) - doesn't mean collusion or anything improper.

#2 The fact that Don Junior appears to have lied about this meeting is a good enough reason to investigate more into possible collusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies