Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 05:58 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Sooo we are 4 pages in and the best charge against what Don Jr did is this
"Jr. went to the meeting expecting to get dirt on Clinton - that's the illegal campaign contribution." by Emma4.

I haven't heard anything that he was willing to pay for the dirt on Clinton.

The fact that Don Jr. took a meeting from a so called hostile government in order to collect damaging info on Clinton that he was willing to pay for thus violating the campaign contribution laws is a stretch.

Bill Clinton gave 2 speeches in Russia and his fees totaled a million dollars. What was said in those speeches and who heard it and where did that money go? Did the money go into the foundation, his private account or the elect Hillary fund?
I know I know Bill was a private citizen then but so was Don Jr....

I still think this new Russian outrage is a big nothing designed to cast more doubt on the Trump admin. and to boost the ratings of CNN and the like.

I am not an obtuse Trump supporter like I was called on another post I just don't see the big deal here.
I want real evidence.

The only laws I have been shown, define funds

Nothing about losing ones 1st, 4th and 5th amendments.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:59 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I suggest it might be beneficial for you to read the laws in regard to collusion if you really do not understand what it is.

Nothing personal, but it has been explained ad nauseum in this forum.

But that is ok. Nixon loyalists didn't get the criminality thing until the very end, and, true story--I've actually heard a few older Germans say that Hitler was not all bad.
You could cite verse and chapter until you are blue i the face and still the cult would excuse their Dear Leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Like so many jailhouse lawyers. Only Michiganmoon attempted an answer. The rest deflected, digressed, blame shifted, etc. What exactly occurred - what action(s) - in this collusion?

What did the Russkies do?

How did this cause President Trump to beat Mrs Clinton?

Simple questions which no one who knows the answer(s) should not answer.

Who did what, when?

How did someone benefit?
I'm sorry ~ isn't that Mueller's job? They are paying him $$$$$ to come up with all those answers. The rest of us are just sharing our opinions on an anonymous online forum.

The rest of us can spot liars when we see them.

Thirdly - your questions may NEVER be quantifiable. Doesn't mean Junior didn't lie over and over and over. doesn't mean Kushner didn't lie on his security forms ~ over and over and over. Flynn and Manafort? I predict more to come.

Old 07-14-2017, 06:02 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,068,868 times
A lot of words to say, You are right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You could cite verse and chapter until you are blue i the face and still the cult would excuse their Dear Leader.

I'm sorry ~ isn't that Mueller's job? They are paying him $$$$$ to come up with all those answers. The rest of us are just sharing our opinions on an anonymous online forum.

The rest of us can spot liars when we see them.

Thirdly - your questions may NEVER be quantifiable. Doesn't mean Junior didn't lie over and over and over. doesn't mean Kushner didn't lie on his security forms ~ over and over and over. Flynn and Manafort? I predict more to come.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:08 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
Many people are saying that Don Jr should have gone to the FBI when he was first approached about the meeting and especially after but still what law was broken?

I can't help but think of a scenario that might help with this dilemna.

Say a person came to you and told you about a plan they had to rob a bank and they wanted you to be the getaway driver. You declined and a week later they rob the bank, get caught and they tell the cops that they told you about the plan which implicates you because you didn't alert the FBI. Why would you alert the cops to something that someone might do especially if you didn't feel a crime was actually going to be committed?

People talk trash all the time. Don Jr went to a meeting to possibly get info and who knows if he did or not but if his BS radar didn't go up then why would he think anything was wrong just like in the possible bank robbing scenario.

I think the Trump families biggest problem is that they are not politicians and they are not attorneys that have been trained to watch every word they say and careful of every situation they might find themselves in lest they be sued.

That and the Dems and Lefty media is out to get them.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:39 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,784,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Many people are saying that Don Jr should have gone to the FBI when he was first approached about the meeting and especially after but still what law was broken?

I can't help but think of a scenario that might help with this dilemna.

Say a person came to you and told you about a plan they had to rob a bank and they wanted you to be the getaway driver. You declined and a week later they rob the bank, get caught and they tell the cops that they told you about the plan which implicates you because you didn't alert the FBI. Why would you alert the cops to something that someone might do especially if you didn't feel a crime was actually going to be committed?

People talk trash all the time. Don Jr went to a meeting to possibly get info and who knows if he did or not but if his BS radar didn't go up then why would he think anything was wrong just like in the possible bank robbing scenario.

I think the Trump families biggest problem is that they are not politicians and they are not attorneys that have been trained to watch every word they say and careful of every situation they might find themselves in lest they be sued.

That and the Dems and Lefty media is out to get them.
Thats you defense? Really? Yes, you are obligated to inform the authorities of a crime.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:51 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,447,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Thats you defense? Really? Yes, you are obligated to inform the authorities of a crime.

Wrong. Unless you fail to report after the crime in which case you are an accessory after the fact or you are a mandatory reporter of crimes against children, you are not required to report that someone may commit a crime.

How ridiculous.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:52 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,116,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm not surprised you have not heard.
So share this earth shattering wisdom...via a link. I see nothing so far from any site in search suggesting this.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:54 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,784,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
[/b]

Wrong. Unless you fail to report after the crime in which case you are an accessory after the fact or you are a mandatory reporter of crimes against children, you are not required to report that someone may commit a crime.

How ridiculous.
Wrong. The crime happened when he walked into the room with a representative of a foreign government trying to peddle influence.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:58 PM

30,183 posts, read 11,821,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
So collusion with a foreign, hostile government is fine as long as it might not be very helpful?
The same accusations that Obama felt was not worth investigating during the election

Old 07-14-2017, 08:01 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,029,998 times
looks like everyone is trying to figure that out.

Wallace: Fair-Minded Citizens 'Ought to Be Concerned' About Russia Revelations | Fox News Insider
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies