Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2017, 07:59 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,641,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I can't wait! Bring on the super secret amazingly awesome plan, Donny!
Yes, where is this really awesome plan that for months he campaigned on? You know the one where it would cost less and EVERYONE would have great coverage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2017, 08:00 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzette View Post
Yes, where is this really awesome plan that for months he campaigned on? .
Group Coverage at millions of US employers.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:02 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I don't give a rip about some silly biased poll. I do give a damn about RINOs still in our party. They don't belong. They are Dems and need to go where they belong...on the left with the rest of the establishment shills.

There's no need for all of this bs that is going on except that we have RINOs in our party causing problems. Those are the topic of this issue, not Trump himself.

Welll....You guys hijacked the Republican party--it was brilliant, btw. But the establishment has been waiting for their moment...and if there's one thing that the last 8+ years have taught us..it's that the Republicans are great at saying no.

As an aside,,what do you think would happen to Trump and the Alt/right agenda, if all those 'RINO's took your advice and crossed the aisle.

I'd be very careful what I wished for.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:05 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's not over until it's over (ultimately when GOP is no longer in control of Congress). These two senators are likely just trying to see what kind of backroom deal they can make for their votes.
I don't think that any republican senator who says "no" now, would dare change back later, as they'd be accused of just the kind of backroom deal you mention. There would have to be significant changes that would provide good coverage for at least as many people as the ACA does, for them to shift their votes.

I don't mind at all, the prospect of watching this raggedy bunch walk a tightrope, when they're next up for reelection. They thought that all they had to do was be republicans and have a numerical majority to succeed. And how wrong they were. I don't envy the mess they've made for themselves and those who support them, but I'm hoping the collateral damage for the rest of us is minimal.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:06 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Lolol on this. Might one even call it some sort of conspiracy?

http://twitter.com/samstein/status/887129431306899457

Old 07-17-2017, 08:07 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Good lord; the republicans are pathetic.
Yup.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:11 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,114,442 times
Please Great Donald Trump repeal and replace Ocare ASAP!

Old 07-17-2017, 08:12 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Good lord; the republicans are pathetic.
What do you get when you have a room full of hundreds of Republicans and six months for them to make changes in American governmental policy? Nothing

Old 07-17-2017, 08:12 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
She has a PLAN. She tweeted that all could review and use it.

AND - the republicans have done all this in secret, closed door meetings. No, not one, Democrat was invited.

This is THEIR failure.

We had a plan; we passed a plan and Republicans promised to blow it up.
And have worked tirelessly to undermine it.

The deal is, they own it now. When it implodes, they still own it.

They've done everything they could to bring it down. We've all seen it.

Their plan is to go back to how it used to be with millions uninsured, costs rising until even dental practices couldn't afford it, people going bankrupt over medical bills, folks getting kicked off their insurance if they have a problem, ...

Old 07-17-2017, 08:15 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This.

This is exactly what should happen.

Republicans: Again I say, please pay very close attention to anyone who voted "yes" on this piece of crap. If you have the opportunity, vote their stupid backsides OUT in 2018. No more RINOs...you can't expect Trump to drain the swamp all on his own, you all have to fricken pay attention, as well.
You do realize that if it passes, trump will have a yuuuge signing ceremony. There is no draining the swamp on this - HE WANTS IT TO PASS SO HE CAN SIGN IT. So, you might actually be looking to get rid of the folks who vote NO on it, if your goal is to support trump at any cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies