Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 02:41 PM

46,328 posts, read 27,166,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
What has he done that would be positive? Something real, please? Name something.

Tell us what the MSM should be reporting, where Trump himself has actually done something positive, and the MSM has failed to report.

Quote:
"Executive Order Minimizing the Economic Burden of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act"
Quote:
"Expediting Environmental Reviews and Approvals for High-Priority Infrastructure Projects"

Quote:
"Border Security and Immigration Enforcement Improvements
Just a few, because you don't like them, does not mean they are negative against him.

Quote:
Nice Trumpian projecting. You have no clue what you posted, as it completely contradicts your (utterly ridiculous) claims. The article, very clearly, has zero relevance to your absurd worldview.
You've proven my point, that I knew exactly what I stated...

Second sentence in the link, so, you cannot comprehend what you've read....congrats

Quote:
A Harvard study found that 80 percent of Trump coverage was negative during his first 100 days in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 02:46 PM

If you don't like the posts I provided, then here:

LMGTFY

Old 07-23-2017, 02:50 PM

Just some more:

Quote:
Trump also moved on his pledge to sign a requirement that for every new regulation, two be eliminated, claiming that many regulations are wasteful and hinder businesses’ growth.
Supreme Court nominated...

Quote:
an additional 15,000 employees to carry out immigration laws. Trump’s order authorizes the Secretary of Homeland Security to hire 10,000 more U.S. Customs and Immigration officers and 5,000 more border patrol agents.
XL pipeline.....

Again, because you disagree, is not my fault....

Just get ready for another 7+ years....

Old 07-23-2017, 02:50 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,993,101 times
I am reminded of the "reporter" who committed criminal trespass, did not leave when told to do so, did not wait as requested, did not refer to the person he was told to ask his question of, was rude, obnoxious, and in-your-face to the candidate, fell down when the candidate touched him, and cried "You body slammed me and broke my glasses!"; thus damaging the candidates reputation and costing him a court appearance and a lot of money.
HOWEVER, enough of us saw through the damfool reporter's ploy, and voted for the candidate anyway. He won the election
Neither the reporter nor his employer deserves any recognition, so I won't mention their names.
I subscribe to the local daily newspaper, and I watch CBS News. Yes, I see the bias quite frequently. Edward R. Murrow, Chet Huntley, David Brinkley, Paul Harvey, Walter Cronkite, and the other pioneer newscasters must be crying and spinning in their graves to see how low their profession has sunk!

Old 07-23-2017, 04:25 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,659,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
What we have in America is a press that will place any Republican under the microscope but continually make excuses, promote, and even collude with liberal politicians
When Bill Clinton said his sex life lie the mainstream media literally camped outside the White House to harass and question him.

And days before the 2016 election the mainstream media announced that the FBI was reopening their investigation into the Hillary Clinton emails (dropping a huge bombshell just before the election.)

But when the GW Bush White House said 935 false statements/lies about Iraq the mainstream media did not report it (and the few media groups that did report it gave it 1,000x less attention than Bill Clinton's sex life lie.)
Study: Bush, aides made 935 false statements in run-up to war - CNN.com

And the mainstream media did not report about the active court case against Donald Trump accusing him of raping a 13 year old girl. The mainstream media also did not report allegations of Donald Trump raping his ex-wife.
Donald Trump underage rape accusation: Judge sets date for hearing of lawsuit | The Independent
Time to Press Donald on Whether He Raped His Wife? – Talking Points Memo

If the mainstream media truly had a liberal bias they would have buried the Hillary Clinton FBI story and instead reported on the court case accusing Donald Trump of raping a 13 year old girl (but the mainstream media did the opposite.)

Some mainstream media outlets like MSNBC do have a liberal bias. But the examples listed above show that overall the mainstream media actually protects republicans more than democrats.

The mainstream media is controlled by wealthy CEO's, and all of those CEO's have a financial incentive to protect republicans (because republicans give those CEO's huge amounts of money with tax cuts like the following.)

Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis
https://thinkprogress.org/romneys-ec...s-52314de0d724
https://www.forbes.com/sites/janetno.../#2db0df1265b9

And media outlets are also concerned about their viewer share, money and advertisers (not political parties.)

What will get the attention of more viewers, a story about a president lying about his sex life, or a story about a president lying about Iraq?

"Sex Sells" and the mainstream media jumped all over the Bill Clinton sex life story, but the mainstream mostly ignored GW Bush lying about Iraq.

The republican conspiracy theory about a "liberal mainstream media" is largely a untrue myth, perhaps brought about by the many propaganda techniques used by certain republican news groups.

Fourteen Propaganda Techniques Fox "News" Uses to Brainwash Americans

Last edited by chad3; 07-23-2017 at 04:40 PM..

Old 07-23-2017, 04:30 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,698,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
What we have in America is a press that will place any Republican under the microscope but continually make excuses, promote, and even collude with liberal politicians
Sorry if you don't get why some don't like that, and trust in media is at an all time low
Do you know who Ken Starr is? Please look it up and then come back and tell us all about it.

If you think Nixon was put under a microscope....you should study that also.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:33 PM

Quote:
No, you have yet to mention one positive thing. Demonizing foreigners, violating international norms, restricting trade, harming commerce and further militarizing the border are not positive things to most educated, reasonable people. In fact Trump's anti-foreigner obsession is one of the most awful and anti-American things coming out of this Presidency.

You're seriously asking why the MSM isn't celebrating Trump's border idiocy?

Again, name ONE thing. Something that a moderate person around the world would view as positive, and something that Trump specifically did. And, no Supreme Court nominee is not an answer. Any President, by law, would have filled a Supreme Court nominee position; that's like lauding Trump for waking up in the morning and taking a poop.
I have proven it and ohhhhhhhhhhh lookie.....you move the goal post...now it's a "Moderate" person...

I've given you 3, because you don't like them, again, that's not my fault...

And here is the kicker, as many regulation obama put out that I did not like, there are things that I did agree with....see how that works....

Again, I've given you 3....there are more out there, stop moving the goal post to suit your needs....

Quote:
Yes, you've proven your point quite well. The Trump cult is indeed fact averse and has serious reading comprehension problems.
I've provided you with a few things, you don't like it, well that's just to bad because many do like it.

Please, you've proven that just cannot read....you said my link had nothing to do with Harvard....the SECOND sentence very clearly stated it was a Harvard study....

It's o.k., we know your still butt hurt and living in mommies basement....that's cool though.....

Old 07-23-2017, 04:59 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,338,258 times
I don't think you know what a "free press" is. We don't have a free press anymore. We have a State run media (for the most). Virtually all the MSM are run by Democrats. They dish out propaganda, day in and day out. They make up stories. They take what they are told straight from the White House, and twist it to serve their own purpose.

That is not what a "Free Press" does. What they do used to be called, "yellow journalism."

Old 07-23-2017, 05:00 PM

19,827 posts, read 22,734,712 times
We have a free press and we should be proud of it.

Old 07-23-2017, 05:04 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,338,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
We have a free press and we should be proud of it.
Really? Proud of their lies; their propaganda? Why? They are disgusting. They are not objective. They are totally biased toward the Left, and they lie, and lie, and lie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies