Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2017, 04:21 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times

Advertisements

I wish we could have an independent press that has the guts to tell the truth for a change. I get tired of their lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 05:28 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Freedom of speech includes the right to criticize the press. Most of those who want limitations on free speech are on the left. It is not the right always ragging on the Citizens United decision. Nor was it the right that wanted to gag talk radio.

Old 07-23-2017, 05:35 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
I suggest the Newsweek article "When Obama Went to War on Fox News" to see Trump ain't sharing company just with Nixon when it comes to a war with the press.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:45 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
When Hillary did that crap with her emails and the server... Did the press cover it extensively? Or did they sweep it under the rug?
If you honestly think that most of the media didn't do everything they could to minimize it and sweep it under the rug you're totally out of touch with reality. You probably think MSNBC and CNN provide reasonable, balanced reporting.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:49 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Gee-wiz TreeBeard, what makes you think it was the Russians (besides Crowdstrike)?
It's just the liberal cult chanting again "it's the Russians, it's the Russians....". The left wing catechism.

cat·e·chism
ˈkadəˌkizəm
noun
noun: catechism; plural noun: catechisms
a summary of the principles of Christian religion in the form of questions and answers, used for the instruction of Christians.
a series of fixed questions, answers, or precepts used for instruction in other situations.

Just substitute "Liberal" for "Christian".

Old 07-23-2017, 09:48 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
https://www.benton.org/headlines/tru...l-broadcasting

Do some more research. Especially about politico trolls. There are lots of ways to control the media. Especially through deregulation. It's a great way for the 1% to control markets and what's seen on the media networks.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:59 AM

27,580 posts, read 28,687,607 times
CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, WaPo, NYT are essentially all anti-Trump.

How much more of an independent press do you want?

Old 07-23-2017, 10:10 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
What we have in America is a press that will place any Republican under the microscope but continually make excuses, promote, and even collude with liberal politicians

Sorry if you don't get why some don't like that, and trust in media is at an all time low

We have all sorts of media with all sorts of bias. What the right doesn't like is ANY media that presents facts or opinions that don't help their cause. If it were about unbiased reporting, they'd be trying to shut down Fox as well. They are not.

The so-called "liberal media" presents facts, and documents sources, or says if source are unnamed. The right-wing media presents "alternative facts" and now expects to rely only on those alternative facts. Effectively telling us to fully trust those we feel are potentially in need of being investigated.

I doubt the right would (or did) sit back if Hillary had said "don't investigate me, I am innocent, and that's all you need to know. " Nope, she was investigated (how many) times, and took her shots in testimony.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:15 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

We have all sorts of media with all sorts of bias. What the right doesn't like is ANY media that presents facts or opinions that don't help their cause. If it were about unbiased reporting, they'd be trying to shut down Fox as well. They are not.

The so-called "liberal media" presents facts, and documents sources, or says if source are unnamed. The right-wing media presents "alternative facts" and now expects to rely only on those alternative facts. Effectively telling us to fully trust those we feel are potentially in need of being investigated.

I doubt the right would (or did) sit back if Hillary had said "don't investigate me, I am innocent, and that's all you need to know. " Nope, she was investigated (how many) times, and took her shots in testimony.

the right is trying to shut down media?

when?

Old 07-23-2017, 10:35 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I don't care what Trump says, I care what bills he signs and how he executes the laws of the country. In that regard, he gets an A+++.
You obviously do care since you're whining about the news REPORTING what Trump says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
The emails didn't get anywhere close to the amount of coverage as Trump's scandals and you know it

Sure it did, you simply weren't paying attention.

And did it ever occur to you that what a president says or does will obviously be covered by the news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post

You are delusional if you think that most of us are influenced with regard to the media by Trump
Lol, that's pretty funny you would post that. As anyone with eyes can see, cons took up the cry of fake news only because Trump says it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I wish we could have an independent press that has the guts to tell the truth for a change. I get tired of their lies.
List specifically what lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies