Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2017, 06:27 PM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I agree with 99% of what you write. The stolen e-mails had their impact though. Trump exhorted how he loved WikiLeaks. I suspect now his campaign knew what was coming down the pike. No matter how you twist and turn it, the purpose of the email hack was voter manipulation. How much of an effect it may have had is certainly debatable.
Trump used everything negative on every candidate he was running against. Including Clinton's illegal server which is where the LOCK HER UP came from. The DNC stuff was not Clinton directly but her party.

WaPo did a story on exit polls after the election and why people voted how they did. Its funny the Wikileaks emails did not come up at all in the reasons for why people voted how they did:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4f999f1e7ec5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 06:28 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Republicans are quite content with Faux news. Don't dare tell them the truth about their fearless leader. I've never seen as much crap as that that comes from the Republican news. If they are telling you what you want to hear, that's all that's important. Right? They are so content listening and agreeing to news that suits their mentality.
Republicans don't seem at all quite content with MSNBC (Faux news). And I can see why.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:29 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb0Zc6y3FMo

and this woman was a DEBATE moderator

Old 07-22-2017, 06:37 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,100,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Do conservatives care about having an independent press capable of criticizing the President?
Of course. However the press we have now is a propaganda arm of the DNC. Questions to Obama, "is there any way we can show our love for you more" Questions for Trump "Why are you such a misogamist". Press like this, I could and do live without.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:40 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
What kind of Independent Press hands over debate questions to its favored candidate?
Yes, I'm sure all the Press handed out stuff to its favored candidate. They all got together and decided that was it. And, the trumpissts believe that, even though it was a single individual who did it, not the Press.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:42 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Our Press is less than worthless....they are on a Jihad to destroy President Trump, doesn't matter that he hasn't done anything wrong.
And, yet, the amount of stuff that actually quotes trump and the trump dynasty is amazing. How on earth do they get hold of that stuff? Could it be... twitter?... self reporting?... WH leaks from trump's own staff?

Old 07-22-2017, 06:47 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,499,419 times
Quote:
Our Press is less than worthless....they are on a Jihad to destroy President Trump, doesn't matter that he hasn't done anything wrong.
Off ft. Trump did plenty wrong before he got in office. And that is well documented.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:48 PM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
And, yet, the amount of stuff that actually quotes trump and the trump dynasty is amazing. How on earth do they get hold of that stuff? Could it be... twitter?... self reporting?... WH leaks from trump's own staff?
I don't care what Trump says, I care what bills he signs and how he executes the laws of the country. In that regard, he gets an A+++.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:51 PM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Yes, I'm sure all the Press handed out stuff to its favored candidate. They all got together and decided that was it. And, the trumpissts believe that, even though it was a single individual who did it, not the Press.
A single individual working for CNN who after this happened became head of the DNC. Nice promotion for helping out Clinton. And she did this more than once.

Politico emailed HRC's staff with a story ahead of time so they could edit it and send it back.

https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/10808

Fwd: per agreement ... any thoughts appreciated
Vogel gave me his story ahead of time/before it goes to his editors as long as I didn't share it. Let me know if you see anything that's missing and I'll push back.

Is that the free press the left keeps talking about? Lets one campaign edit their stories before they run? I am sure they did the same for Trump. Yeah, right. Look at the email subject, per agreement. Collusion?

And sure these are the only two or three times during the campaign that this happened. You believe that? Collusion? The left likes that word and it fits here.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:51 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,499,419 times
Quote:
I don't care what Trump says, I care what bills he signs and how he executes the laws of the country. In that regard, he gets an A+++.
Bills are enacted by congress. What bills have been passed? I know they just passed one on Russian sanction where they remove trumps ability to lift the sanctions. Is that an example of what you are talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies