Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 04:52 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,742,108 times

Advertisements

"You know, I go to Washington and I see all these politicians, and I see the swamp, and it's not a good place. In fact, today, I said we ought to change it from the word "swamp" to the word "cesspool" or perhaps to the word "sewer." - Trump

Awesome way to build pride in public service!

Makes me proud to be an American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 04:58 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,758,654 times
Well the Boy Scout parents are furious, some are talking about taking their boys out of the scouts because of Trump and the politicization of the Boy Scouts now. Not surprised after reading that transcript.

Parents railed against the Boy Scouts after Trump?s campaign-style speech - Business Insider

Old 07-25-2017, 05:00 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,304,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
"You know, I go to Washington and I see all these politicians, and I see the swamp, and it's not a good place. In fact, today, I said we ought to change it from the word "swamp" to the word "cesspool" or perhaps to the word "sewer." - Trump

OMG, what??

I guess we shouldn't expect more from Puss-Grabber-in-Chief.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:01 AM

51,673 posts, read 25,930,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Well the Boy Scout parents are furious, some are talking about taking their boys out of the scouts because of Trump and the politicization of the Boy Scouts now. Not surprised after reading that transcript.

Parents railed against the Boy Scouts after Trump?s campaign-style speech - Business Insider
It would be a shame if boys quit Scouts as it offers a lot of opportunities to build fires and character.

But if the Boy Scouts and their families don't stand up to Trump's nonsense, who will?

Old 07-25-2017, 05:02 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,819,280 times
Quote:

My son left the Scouts a few years ago, but if he were still in the organization I would pull him out unless the Scouts stood up to this. It was disgusting.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:03 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,304,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It would be a shame if this happened. The Boy Scouts offers many opportunities for boys to build fires and character.

But if the Boy Scouts and their families don't stand up to Trump's nonsense, who will?

Let it happen. This was a disgusting.

People wouldn't start doing the right thing until they face real consequences.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:04 AM

51,673 posts, read 25,930,713 times
I think we should all invite Trump to speak.

Sounds like a good time.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:04 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,899,821 times
Quote:

Well, that is our boy Trump ! Winning friends and influencing people around the world day after day !

Dumber than a box of rocks.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:06 AM

34,286 posts, read 18,664,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post

Public service is dead. Politicians, and government employees just want the ride on the gravy train now. It is all about them, their salaries, benefits, and ridiculous pensions with full benefits. It is akin to stealing.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:08 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,453,741 times
In an ironic twist..Trump was never a Boy Scout...but guess who was? That's right. Jeff Sessions was an Eagle Scout.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...e25_story.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies