Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Donald Trump is a man of loyalty, integrity and honesty?
Yes 71 16.14%
No 369 83.86%
Voters: 440. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 05:28 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,899,754 times

Advertisements

Trump is a Con-Man running a crime syndicate with Russia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 05:30 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Wow, it sure looks like the people who believe he is a good person are in the minority here. Funny thing is, every time we have a poll on here, it pretty much mirrors what the nationwide polls show. Guess there are a lot more smart people out there, and on here, than ones who are easily duped.

Old 07-28-2017, 05:31 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Deep State is the army of government workers and those that feed off the government whose tenure does not depend on the political decisions of the time.
Oh please. McConnell and his wife both get a government paycheck. They are the deep state.

Old 07-28-2017, 05:59 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upgrader View Post
Hey, I read on the facebook that Hillary ran a child sex ring out of a pizza house. It must be true since I read it on the Internet.

I've also read that Hillary killed people, laughed about bengazi, and is the devil's image on earth.

All that must be true, because I read it on the Internet.

Seriously, there are way more people that believe this nonsense than I could have previously imagined.
Yes, and a lot of the people who saw and believed that stuff may well have been swayed to vote for trump. He helped that stuff, too, with his "lock her up lock her up", etc. From the venomous opinions some people on this forum spew regarding both clinton and obama, they likely felt vindicated in their hatred when they saw that stuff, too. By providing that stuff, the russians helped trump to cement his position with some very... impressionable people who really wanted to not only think someone was "for" them, but that the other side was the epitome of evil. So, yeah, votes were swayed, whether the trumpissts want to believe it or not.

Old 07-28-2017, 06:09 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Loyalty is way overblown these days. There are criminals everyday in this country working together, deeply loyal to each other. Loyalty in and of itself isn't anything to write home about, and it certainly isn't going to save the country.

Integrity and honesty though are sensible and important traits to focus on. Trump's utterly void of both. I'm glad our little poll here agrees with that.

You might be right but the purest form of loyalty is important. As a loyal person I find that people aren't loyal enough anymore where it counts. Consider the situation where someone has a problematic dog for example. So many people would rather dump them to the shelter than even try to work with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Odd, I didn't like her either, but she was nothing so horrible as Trump in any category you mention.

If that was the criteria you used to place your vote, you would clearly have benefitted by being better informed about Donald J. Trump.
They won't admit it but sometimes I wonder if they just don't like Hilary because she is for minorities. I think they are honestly afraid of those of us who are "different".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
We all know Charlie Sheen is many bad things, but the one thing he is not is a liar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp6BIDCZRic
I have a newfound respect for Charlie. This was an interesting story to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
It's not so much holding him to impossible standards that it is the fact that he's the exact opposite of those 3 things. And we should hope he exudes at least a bit of those 3 things, but he doesn't. At all.
He really is. A lot of people lie but not in the way he does. He's what I like to call an honest liar which is the worst of both worlds.

Old 07-28-2017, 06:20 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
My husband and I know someone who knows him personally, and he shared stories with us along the lines of what you stated. He's a real gem, that one.
Ahhh, more of the Yack Squeeze of "I know someone who knows of someone who might be related to someone who worked for Trump"...

To answer the question, NOPE just like every other person who's now in elected office for more than a year or two.
They ALL sell their souls to the devil once they get on the government teat be it for $$$$ or power or both...

Old 07-28-2017, 06:21 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post

They won't admit it but sometimes I wonder if they just don't like Hilary because she is for minorities. I think they are honestly afraid of those of us who are "different".

I will admit that part of why I don't like her is she is against the non-minority. She is not really for minorities but pandered to the needed minority vote by scapegoating and sailing the majority down the river like most all democrats do. That makes Hillary and those 'minorities' both unlikable. Democrats can't get elected without the 'minority' vote because their ideas suck.

Old 07-28-2017, 06:24 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I didn't vote for Trump. But seriously how many votes do you think Russia flipped in Trump's favor?

one goal is to get a lifer who knows their senator or Rep is going to win anyway to stay home. Flipping is way too hard. You can "swing" voters, but flipping requires too much work, of course 1 flip is worth 2 stay at homes...

the Kremlin and Trump's campaign put a lot of time, money and effort into spamming boards, FB, twitterland etc. Every page i visited during the campaign came complete with anti hillary adverts... month after month after month. I spoke to people in numerous nations that were seeing massive amounts of anti Hillary propaganda and asking me if this stuff is true.
Propaganda works, and it works well. Trump's team were ruthlessly lying and likely working hand n glove with Putin. (we will see)

Old 07-28-2017, 06:24 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Ahhh, more of the Yack Squeeze of "I know someone who knows of someone who might be related to someone who worked for Trump"...

To answer the question, NOPE just like every other person who's now in elected office for more than a year or two.
They ALL sell their souls to the devil once they get on the government teat be it for $$$$ or power or both...
This guy personally knew Trump, and knew the contractors who didn't get their money. I don't really care if you believe that or not.

Old 07-28-2017, 06:39 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Not only is Trump not a man of loyalty, integrity or honesty, he has a laughably high opinion of himself. Reminds me of Mel Brooks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bF38rT7et0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies