Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 04:56 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,932,412 times

Advertisements

Seems like someone does not like it that NFL players are just like the rest of us, a cross section of our society just like every other profession. Others should care, Why?

Old 09-27-2017, 04:57 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,921,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
So Kippernick refused to stand for the National Anthem and wore socks which advocated killing police officers and everyone joined him in solidarity with his actions to defend him against the President?

Do I have that right?
Are you for real? Particularly about the socks:

"I wore these socks, in the past, because the rogue cops that are allowed to hold positions in police departments, not only put the community in danger, but also put the cops that have the right intentions in danger by creating an environment of tension and mistrust. I have two uncles and friends who are police officers and work to protect and serve ALL people. So before these socks, which were worn before I took my public stance, are used to distract from the real issues, I wanted to address this immediately."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ0vPsQAGZQ/

Old 09-27-2017, 04:58 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
The uniform excuse is really flimsy. All those players were kneeling while in uniform. They were making black panther/power fists while in uniform.
It's not an excuse and it's not flimsy, just because you don't like it.

9/11 cleats, BLM cleats, superhero cleats, non-team color cleats, it doesn't matter. They have never been allowed.

Kneeling, fists, locking arms, none of that has anything to do with the uniform code.

Old 09-27-2017, 04:58 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,907,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
When did the government shut down?

The vast majority of America is with Trump on this.
Perhaps, but:

Americans Don’t Like The NFL Protests, But They Really Don’t Like Trump’s Response

Which I don't find surprising. Trump has been going about this entirely the wrong way, in my opinion.

Old 09-27-2017, 04:59 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,796,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Amazing watching them have a hissy fit over something so minor, wonder how they are going to react if trump gets marched out of the WH. ...
That's the real question and the one we've been skirting around on this forum.

Mueller is starting to interview WH folks.

I'll bet that's what all the tweeting about the NFL is about.

26,191 posts, read 21,572,016 times
It's comical when people attempt to use words they don't actually know the meaning of

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
We have had NFL players beating their wives and girlfriends, assaulting people, abusing steroids, drug abuse, dog fighting and animal abuse, committing murder, DUI's, child abuse, child endangerment, rape, and vandalism.

At no point did any player on any team take a knee in protest. Not one player refused to share a locker room with a wife beater. Yet these guys are now holier then thou.....please.
The irony of the whole thing is that the person, Kaepernick, who started this whole "oppression" protest seemed to be a fan of Castro and Che. That's like saying you're against violence towards women and wear a Ted Bundy shirt.

Old 09-27-2017, 05:00 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,942,903 times
We're talking about grown men who make a living dressing up in tights to play a child's game that involves them hitting themselves in the head over and over again. What's amazing to me is that so many adults have been idolizing them for so long.

Old 09-27-2017, 05:00 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,796,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Perhaps, but:

Americans Don’t Like The NFL Protests, But They Really Don’t Like Trump’s Response

Which I don't find surprising. Trump has been going about this entire thing entirely the wrong way, in my opinion.
IMO, he's trying to create a distraction from team Mueller starting to interview WH folks.

BTW, Don Jr. just reinstated his Secret Service protection. Can't help but wonder what he was up to during that week that he wanted his privacy.

Things get curiouser and curiouser

Old 09-27-2017, 05:01 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,608,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
So basically in your mind there are no more important matters for Trump to address then. Correct? Man. Obama did a great job them since the country is humming along. We know Trump has done nothing.

Also you fail to address Trump saying Obama that a POTUS should not be telling a private business what to do.
Responses..
  • How do you know Trump isn't addressing more important matters? Your question is also an ad hominem fallacy. (but I was nice and indulged you this time)
  • Obama did a great job? The Democrat party was destroyed by Obama's policies, nonsense, wars of choice, and race huckstering. This speaks for itself. America was tired of Obama. He's out with the trash.
  • The NFL isn't just a private business. It operates under monopoly rules guaranteed by the government, it's stadiums are financed by the taxpayers, and people are forced to finance it via cable/satellite TV subscriptions whether they want to or not. All guaranteed by the government. But this is all secondary. Trump called our the knee benders for their bull****. And America agrees with him.
Hope that clears it up for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies