Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 01:08 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,514,828 times

Advertisements

Its been shown in numerous studies that the US pays far more per person for healthcare than countries with socialized medicine. The only thing we have that is comparable is Medicare and that has a 20% copay vs. being entirely single payer. I don't think we should have a Canadian style system where alternatives like private hospitals are prohibited - more like a British or Australian system where they're allowed for those who want and can afford them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017, 01:18 PM

3,397 posts, read 2,807,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taimaishu View Post
ObamaCare is a waste of tax payers money. The reason why the GOP only pretends to want to "repeal" it but NEVER do is because they Profit the most from it. Isn't it funny that the GOP controls the Senate but for some strange reason, they cannot get together to repeal the Pyramid Scheme which puts billions of Tax dollars to greedy Conservatives?

It's a pyramid scheme. Diverting billions of CA tax money and putting it in the pockets on Greedy Insurance Companies.

With the Single Payers Plan, the Govt pays the Doctors directly. No need for the Greedy Middle Men (aka Insurance companies).

And this is why Republicans on pretend to want to repeal ObamaCare while laughing all the way to the bank. At our expense.

#singlepayersplan
#caexit
Two biggest hurdles with this plan...

folks with good benefits now pay an added payroll tax.

And

Govt pays doctors inspiring the medical practice to do little if nothing to advance medicine.

But the biggest issue is government involvement- tell me when they were/are/or will be successful in implementing and executing and managing a plan of this size

Old 07-30-2017, 01:20 PM

882 posts, read 689,191 times
Quote:

I find it hilarious that a guy making 50k or less hates the middle class. hahahaha
?

Care to clarify that statement

Old 07-30-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
Its been shown in numerous studies that the US pays far more per person for healthcare than countries with socialized medicine. The only thing we have that is comparable is Medicare and that has a 20% copay vs. being entirely single payer. I don't think we should have a Canadian style system where alternatives like private hospitals are prohibited - more like a British or Australian system where they're allowed for those who want and can afford them.
Yawn

When you want to look at similar countries in shape and size to the US, look at the taxes that are paid, and come back and tell me how much cheaper it is, I'm all ears. But when I look at the UK, Germany, France, Spain, its more than apparent that people are paying through the nose for single payer. Its not even debatable.

Last edited by Independentthinking; 07-30-2017 at 01:43 PM..

Old 07-30-2017, 02:09 PM

26,739 posts, read 26,834,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
When it comes to delivering a package (which is the same everywhere) I think price matters the most. They get to you either way.
Health care is not a commodity. There is no "free market" with health care. The buyer (the consumer) and seller (the health insurance industry or medical professional) do not approach each other in a transaction with perfect information and under voluntary circumstances.

Enough with the comparison of health insurance to package delivery.

Old 07-30-2017, 03:21 PM

4,603 posts, read 6,371,820 times
OK, so just what is single payer health care ? you can start here for frequently asked questions: link.

Myths and facts

Why Single-Payer Health Care Saves Money

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 07-30-2017, 03:39 PM

600 posts, read 567,270 times
If anything, ObamaCare can work. All we have to do is get ObamaCare to pay the Doctors directly. No need to dump $$$ to insurance companies and have those greedy middlemen decide on what and what no to cover, while POCKETING the billions in tax payer money for themselves.

Why does the Govt have to go through Insurance Companies? Makes no sense. If they can write a check to the insurance companies, they can write a check DIRECTLY to the doctors and other healthcare facilities. Just like Medicaid.

Single Payers plan makes PERFECT sense.

ObamaCare doesn't provide Healthcare. It provides $$$. So if ObamaCare is a failure according to the GOP, that means the REAL failures are Blue Cross, Blue Shield, United Health and every other Insurance Companies that takes the $$$ and fails to provide the service they were PAID for.

#dumpinsurancecompanies
#singlepayersplan
#caexit

-------

Can anyone here give me a good reason why ObamaCare shouldn't pay the doctors directly instead of giving the $$$ to the Greedy Insurance Companies where they pocket the money instead of paying the doctors and then telling it's customers to pay the bill?

There's a reason why the GOP will not repeal ObamaCare. The "Voting" in the Senate is just for show. To make it look like they want to repeal it. If they really wanted to repeal it, all of them would vote Yes.

Old 07-30-2017, 03:52 PM

Notice how disingenuous the OP is in his debating tactics. He simply ignores any counter points and just continues with his little rant. It's exactly why people can't have an honest conversation on the topic. This is obviously a waste of time and his dodging shows he can't make his case.

Old 07-30-2017, 03:54 PM

26,739 posts, read 26,834,489 times
Quote:
Can anyone here give me a good reason why ObamaCare shouldn't pay the doctors directly...
For one thing, Obamacare is not paying anyone. "Obamacare" is the Affordable Care Act (ACA) which is a law that guarantees that everyone can obtain health insurance, regardless of preexisting conditions.

Quote:
... instead of giving the $$$ to the Greedy Insurance Companies where they pocket the money instead of paying the doctors and then telling it's customers to pay the bill?
All those insurance company employees--and it's a BIG industry--will be out of a job.

Old 07-30-2017, 06:42 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
Yawn

When you want to look at similar countries in shape and size to the US, look at the taxes that are paid, and come back and tell me how much cheaper it is, I'm all ears. But when I look at the UK, Germany, France, Spain, its more than apparent that people are paying through the nose for single payer. Its not even debatable.
True. How about CA adopts the British system of taxation that includes a 20% VAT (Valuation Added Tax) instead of the current sales tax? Hey doubling the sales tax wouldn't hurt anyone would it? Their income tax is about the same as the US in actual cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
View detailed profiles of: