Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in Anthropogenic Global Warming?
Yes 65 60.19%
No 43 39.81%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 10:08 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,624,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Unbelievable.

You realize, don't you, that Venus's runaway greenhouse effect was scientifically observed, studied, and confirmed well before there were any political reasons to lie about it, right?
No, I didn't realize that the "runaway greenhouse effect" was "oberved" by science. I never knew scientists observed things that happened millions or billions of years ago on another planet. Amazing!

Old 08-01-2017, 10:13 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,624,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How about NASA...I expect they know as much about Venus as anyone.....

Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas that traps infrared radiation beneath Venus's thick cloud cover. A runaway greenhouse effect is what makes Venus even hotter than Mercury! https://science.nasa.gov/science-new...001/ast20feb_1

OK, now it's your turn to provide evidence, that is if you have anything from a valid source....Personally I think you just made your crappy theory up.
You provided no evidence. You said Venus is hot, we know that. Mars is uninhabitable due to its cold temperatures. Yet the Martian atmosphere is 95 percent CO2. The CO2 is not "trapping" any heat. It's cold because the atmosphere is thin and exerts less pressure.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:24 PM

32,833 posts, read 19,538,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How about NASA...I expect they know as much about Venus as anyone.....

Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas that traps infrared radiation beneath Venus's thick cloud cover. A runaway greenhouse effect is what makes Venus even hotter than Mercury! https://science.nasa.gov/science-new...001/ast20feb_1

OK, now it's your turn to provide evidence, that is if you have anything from a valid source....Personally I think you just made your crappy theory up.
ok, so venus is hot, with too much co2....

what is your point..are you going to blame earth humans on that too

see that's the problem you EGO's get in the way... your ego is so big that you think man is the cause of everything

I believe in climate change

I believe it changes naturally, and mans contribution (which is scientifically proven) is less than 5%

I know we just (about 16000 years ago) had the PEAK of a major iceage, and we have been warming since.

science has proven that the cycles which are 100's of thousands of years of cold, and 20000-50000 years of warming...and each interglacial period (over 20 of them) has seen the ""warmth"" peak at about 75'f, and we are only at the 16000 year make and only up to about 59'f (global average)

yes climate changes...yes we are currently warming (for the last 15000 years +/-).... NO man(humans) is/are not the reason

Old 08-01-2017, 10:29 PM

33,575 posts, read 37,212,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
You provided no evidence. You said Venus is hot, we know that. Mars is uninhabitable due to its cold temperatures. Yet the Martian atmosphere is 95 percent CO2. The CO2 is not "trapping" any heat. It's cold because the atmosphere is thin and exerts less pressure.
So you think you know more than all the scientists at NASA.....Good for you!

Old 08-01-2017, 10:31 PM

33,575 posts, read 37,212,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
ok, so venus is hot, with too much co2....

what is your point..are you going to blame earth humans on that too

see that's the problem you EGO's get in the way... your ego is so big that you think man is the cause of everything

I believe in climate change

I believe it changes naturally, and mans contribution (which is scientifically proven) is less than 5%

I know we just (about 16000 years ago) had the PEAK of a major iceage, and we have been warming since.

science has proven that the cycles which are 100's of thousands of years of cold, and 20000-50000 years of warming...and each interglacial period (over 20 of them) has seen the ""warmth"" peak at about 75'f, and we are only at the 16000 year make and only up to about 59'f (global average)

yes climate changes...yes we are currently warming (for the last 15000 years +/-).... NO man(humans) is/are not the reason
Some people aren't worth discussing this topic with....You are one of those people.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:38 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,337,190 times
Quote:
typical fascist liberal...when you don't have a pre-printed answer from your puppet-master. you run and hide
Not even close.

But I thought we were discussing science? The number of people in this thread that cannot separate science from politics is astounding.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:42 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,551,282 times
Quote:
But I thought we were discussing science? The number of people in this thread that cannot separate science from politics is astounding.
Silly boy, there hasn't been anything but ad hominem attacks for the last 50 posts.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:45 PM

32,833 posts, read 19,538,251 times
Quote:
Not even close.

I am trying to discuss science

but when that poster, states, "I don't agree, so your on ignore, or I don't want to talk about it" then where is the actual debate, where is the discussion of the science?...

she shows her ego and unwillingness to discuss... ... so... I am not worth the discussion???...... my opinion and knowledge is not worth a debate, because she doesn't have a ready stamped answer to debate??

the problem is some people are so set in their ways, or have been so programed to only think one way...she is not willing to debate...ANYTIME,ANYONE says something she disagrees with, or gives even a sited link to SCIENCE...she states in faux-science and a biased site...EVERYTIME.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:57 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,274,328 times
Quote:

science has proven that the cycles which are 100's of thousands of years of cold, and 20000-50000 years of warming...and each interglacial period (over 20 of them) has seen the ""warmth"" peak at about 75'f, and we are only at the 16000 year make and only up to about 59'f (global average
You don't think research scientists have already taken this into account?

We are currently in an interglacial period which is the warm period, but those typically last 10,000 years and we are already 11,000 years in, so technically we should be entering conditions that will create another ice age soon, but because of man-made climate change, that's not going to happen.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:20 PM

24,451 posts, read 23,138,229 times
Quote:
Not even close.

>>>> That would cover everybody on both sides of the debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies