Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 09:24 AM

34,236 posts, read 18,594,984 times

Advertisements

CNN. Alt Left, Communist Democrat mouthpiece.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 09:34 AM

17,346 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Anyone who thinks Stephen Miller was remotely “shocked” (as he repeatedly put it) to be asked that question has a very low bar for acting talent.

Miller is a white nationalist scumbag.

He knew good and damned welll that Acosta just picked a couple of countries where the PRIMARY language is English. Anyone who’d think it was some “sign” is twisting a simple question into knots.

This bill is obviously designed to discriminate.

We don’t have a national language.
Last time I checked, there wasn't anything wrong or illegal with being white nor a nationalist. I know those are terrible things to be though if you're a liberal. Are you allowed to be an anti-white racist and a moderator? Just wondering.
If I were to say someone was a black nationalist scumbag, would that be considered racist?
Isn't the word nationalist defined as "exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations or supranational groups" ?

Last edited by marino760; 08-03-2017 at 09:49 AM..

Old 08-03-2017, 10:07 AM

2,230 posts, read 1,717,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
So what's wrong with requiring immigrants speak English. Give it your best shot. I'm really curious why you're against it.
Actually, most legal immigration applicants are more than happy to learn English if it helps boost the score.

Who is against the requirement? From what I've observed, mostly ignorant white liberals.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:12 AM

23,564 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Watch: He assumes English speakers are limited to England/Australia. Doesn't know that India is the #2 English speaking nation.
https://youtu.be/H-J4FvxtD9I

Just goes to show how uninformed CNN is.
Headline is JA tried to make this a racist issue to validate trump as the mythical racist the dems media propaganda machine and dems try to make him out to be.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Trump's family did not speak English when they came to the US. Trump wouldn't even let him in now.
People didn't need higher education to succeed 100 years ago, what about now?

Old 08-03-2017, 10:13 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Acosta was stupid and got his head handed to him by Stephen Miller. Fun to watch, end of story. Acosta is doing this to himself.
not at all. Most of the world sees Miller as looking like a cartoon fool and Accosta looking like a serious journalist trying to get Miller to explain his data.

And your needing to say "end of story" is simply because you know your case is weak, and need to try to declare victory.

as to the primary point of this thread. most countries only require you have one the official languages if you are seeking citizenship. THAT is simply a statistical fact .

Old 08-03-2017, 10:24 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Headline is JA tried to make this a racist issue to validate trump as the mythical racist the dems media propaganda machine and dems try to make him out to be.
there is no need at all to make trump out as a racist, one as only to step back and watch as trump does it himself day after day.
Turns out trump is pretty much everything he accusing other of being, and none of the things he claims.

Trump has failed this nation on every level, his fan base is withering away and with has gone his power over the GOP, they are no longer nearly as worried about trump going after them as they are about being tied to trump in 2018.

this whole immigration overhaul suggestion from Trump is DEAD ON ARRIVAL. already Rs are saying "NOPE".

With trump so unfaithful to his party and to members of congress, why would any of them risk their career to help trump? Trump is liability to the GOP as a party and to most of its members in 2018.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
Sad but unfortunately not surprising. I've met a decent amount of people who were accomplished and smart but not that worldly and wouldn't know things like the above ^. One of the VPs at my company didn't even know Chinese people in the US may speak different dialects they all call "Chinese"...
Miller made it very very clear.

Unlike the VP in your company, Jim Acosta has plenty of opportunities to interact with people from all over the world. I'm pretty sure he has personally met Chinese people who speak English.

Oh, maybe I got it wrong. Maybe Jim tried to imply that the English spoken by immigrants from China, India, Mexico, Korea isn't good enough to be considered English. If that isn't racist, I don't know what it is! I don't speak Spanish, but I've no trouble with buying authentic Mexican food run by Mexican immigrants. So what language do they speak? Mexican?

Old 08-03-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
not at all. Most of the world sees Miller as looking like a cartoon fool and Accosta looking like a serious journalist trying to get Miller to explain his data.

And your needing to say "end of story" is simply because you know your case is weak, and need to try to declare victory.

as to the primary point of this thread. most countries only require you have one the official languages if you are seeking citizenship. THAT is simply a statistical fact .
Most of the world? what world? the liberal world?

Acosta is seen as a petulant child by most of the common sense world.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:32 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,904,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
Miller made it very very clear.

Unlike the VP in your company, Jim Acosta has plenty of opportunities to interact with people from all over the world. I'm pretty sure he has personally met Chinese people who speak English.

Oh, maybe I got it wrong. Maybe Jim tried to imply that the English spoken by immigrants from China, India, Mexico, Korea isn't good enough to be considered English. If that isn't racist, I don't know what it is! I don't speak Spanish, but I've no trouble with buying authentic Mexican food run by Mexican immigrants. So what language do they speak? Mexican?

If he were indeed implying that which he wasn't, it wouldn't be racist. You clearly don't know what racist means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies