Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 08:49 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
OMG. You are obviously on the near-Venezuelan Left. You don't know sarcasm when you see it. CNN is in a full-fledged war on middle-America, and Acosta is a useful idiot.

You think being White and a nationalist is a negative. Boy are you in for a surprise! We are going to start taking a close look at who we allow into our country.
BTW, it's English.

And you're a moderator?
Yes. I'm a moderator. But, not of P&OC. I'm a poster here and well within my rights to discuss this topic and not be obliged to offer you any sort of assurances of being fair and balanced.

That said, English isn't the national language in the US and no paper signed from the dummy in office can make it the national language.

I do think being a white nationalist is a negative. I don't think being white is a negative. I am white and I like white people just fine. Unless they're white nationalists like Miller. Which, really is just code for skinheads in suits.

I'm not "obviously" on the near-Venezuelan left. I think Venezuela has a lousy government. I'm not a Democrat. I'm not affiliated with ANY party because they all suck in their own way. CNN is not engaging in any sort of war and I'm tired of hearing about what "middle America" needs. Snowflakes? Yes. They are. Middle America is filled with adults, many of whom are white people who could easily have attended college if they made it a priority and either found good jobs or moved to places where good jobs could be found after college and while they didn't have families and responsibilities. Instead, many of them stuck it out with a factory worker mentality, never considering the notion that those jobs might not always be there. I feel for them, but I feel for everyone who is struggling.

Their plight isn't greater than the plight of any American who needs to find work and may need to retrain for other fields of work. Why they think it should be offered on a silver platter is beyond me.

It wasn't for me. I had to bite the bullet and go to college. And, yes... I paid for my own schooling. Didn't even live at home with my parents while doing it.

CNN isn't out to get these folks any more than Fox is out to save them.

All of them are out for one thing... to make money.

Knowing that really puts stuff like this into perspective.

I acknowledge that some people employed by all news outlets are interested in being actual journalists, but you tend to find those more often at newspapers than on TV anymore.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
nor you, apparently.
I don't need any help. I actually minored in political science in undergrad so I understand governmental processes and procedures just fine and don't look to Breitbart or Rush Limbaugh to tell me what to think.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You just created a hypothetical coal miner in WVa in post above, based on ever negative stereotype out there.
What's racist about creating a hypothetical person?

I could have used my own grandma for that story. She never moved out of the town she was born in and she didn't travel more than 50 miles outside it until she was in her 70s. Even then, she didn't go very far.

She didn't have to work though. My grandpa ran his own business. He traveled, but just for WWII.

They were both Democrats, though. Lifelong Democrats. So, I created someone who was similar who might really think Trump is going to help them.

But, he's not.

It's really sad, because these people do need help.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think most Americans KNOW those who speak English hail from nearly all countries, and the best way to land a job is if you know the language.

But I'm not of the ilk that feels people are either stupid or nefarious.

And really, when did you start caring what people think?? I didn't see you pipe up when the guy I voted for twice started using divisive language.
Well, we need to settle on what "divisive language" really means, don't we?

Before that, what am I to "pipe up" over?

I don't think that people who are not worldly are stupid. I just think they lack the experiences to realize the nuances of a situation. That's not stupidity.

And, while there are people who speak English who "hail from all countries" I do give those folks credit for knowing some big ones that have English as a language that ALL people speak who were born there.

Big difference than in India, where that's just not the case.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:01 AM

Has anyone actually explained how Jim Acosta made a "racist" statement when he offered up two examples of places where the general population are going to speak English?

Nope. He asked a simple question and instead of answering it, Miller deflected and pretended to be outraged.

If you think that Stephen Miller gives a rat's behind about people from Africa (well, maybe South Africa), I have some oceanfront property in Oklahoma you might want to buy.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Acosta knew what he was doing. Leftist do this constantly. They try to paint the administration or conservatives as racist. And then get them to deny it. Being anti-Anglo/white biased is racist too.
No. It's not.

It may be prejudiced here in the USA, but it's not racist.

The white people in this country hold a majority of the social and political power. You cannot exhibit racism toward the "ruling class" in a given country.

Besides, I doubt many of the posters here are anti-white.

They're just not anti-everyone else enough to appease the white supremacist crowd.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:06 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I did enjoy the 8 years of Obama, but I'm not a racist jackass and I am also not afraid of black people in power positions within government.

And you go of on some racist rant because you have no clue who I am, just your stereotypical guy...CNN says that because I disagree with what you say, therefore I'm racist....and lookie, her you are spouting the exact same thing...who woulda thunk it?

You still have not learned why you lost the election...

Quote:
If you think that Trump is big league and an educated man who is well-versed in Constitutional law is "elementary" then nothing I can say here can help you.

Never said he was, he is very educated, maybe not in all the positions that you feel he needs to be, but that's your opinion.

You could not help me anyway, you shown that you don't think for yourself...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 09:07 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
I don't need any help. I actually minored in political science in undergrad so I understand governmental processes and procedures just fine and don't look to Breitbart or Rush Limbaugh to tell me what to think.

Nope, you just listen to CNN....

Old 08-03-2017, 09:09 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
What's racist about creating a hypothetical person?.
Oh please. Don't try to play innocent.

You said....
When some dude from coal country in West Virginia who has never left a 25 mile radius of his hometown hears "must speak English" do you think that this person is all like "Excellent! This means all the lovely, educated people from China, India, and the Middle East should have no problem getting into the US." Or do you think he's thinking... "Yeah... keep all those Muslims and brown folks out!"
Your hypothetical White person in West Virginia hates Muslims & "Brown Folks".

You simply demonstrate the same thing as that which you make accusation.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:09 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times
Quote:
No. It's not.

It may be prejudiced here in the USA, but it's not racist.

The white people in this country hold a majority of the social and political power. You cannot exhibit racism toward the "ruling class" in a given country.

Besides, I doubt many of the posters here are anti-white.

They're just not anti-everyone else enough to appease the white supremacist crowd.
I find it hilarious that you actually believe the stuff you spew. Get to the back of the bus, the adults are driving now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies