Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 06:57 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times

Advertisements

Anyone who thinks Stephen Miller was remotely “shocked” (as he repeatedly put it) to be asked that question has a very low bar for acting talent.

Miller is a white nationalist scumbag.

He knew good and damned welll that Acosta just picked a couple of countries where the PRIMARY language is English. Anyone who’d think it was some “sign” is twisting a simple question into knots.

This bill is obviously designed to discriminate.

We don’t have a national language.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:57 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Jim Acosta needs to quit making the news about him. Both he and Lil Hitler were WAY out of line yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 07:15 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Nope, he made a statement....not surprised Obama boot lickers support that raciest statement....
Aw, chuckles...

When you're upset, things become so emotional that simple stuff gets complicated.

Acosta then repeated his original question about whether immigrants would have to speak English before coming to the U.S., asking “Are we just going to bring in people from Great Britain and Australia?”

Rather than addressing the question, Miller called Acosta’s comments offensive. “I am shocked at your statement, that you think only people from Great Britain and Australia would know English,” he said.

Stephen Miller Calls Jim Acosta ‘Ignorant and Foolish’ [VIDEO] | Variety

No need to get all flustered like that poindexter guy Miller did yesterday.

What a creep.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:43 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You do realize that when they are in the press briefing asking questions, they aren't presenting the news so they may ask questions with a bias or slant to get a reaction, answer, explanation.

You do know that right?

I took the read, write and speak basic English test.

It is very simple. They ask you to read a sentence and then to write a sentence.

Anybody else here been through the process?
What I see is many make an accusatory statement BEFORE they ask a question based on the statement they make.

MANY times the statement is NOT factual, as in this case.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:44 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
I love those who use words like Hitler and white nationalist to describe people who have policies that don't fit their ideology. I love them because right off the bat they've told the world who they are.

I guess they've never seen people from countries all over the globe speaking English. In fact, hasn't that been a complaint we've heard from certain people? How dumb we are in our own country when others around the globe can not only master their own language but speak English, as well?

Sorry, but your accusations hold no water. I know you'd like to bring in more people who can't speak the language and then demand they receive assistance because they cannot find work here, but we have enough problems and we don't need any more people added to your slave count.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:46 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Anyone who thinks Stephen Miller was remotely “shocked” (as he repeatedly put it) to be asked that question has a very low bar for acting talent.

He knew good and damned welll that Acosta just picked a couple of countries where the PRIMARY language is English. Anyone who’d think it was some “sign” is twisting a simple question into knots.

"Miller is a white nationalist scumbag."

'Those that cast the insult are usually the one GUILTY of that insult", as they say.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:47 AM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Aw, chuckles...

When you're upset, things become so emotional that simple stuff gets complicated.

Acosta then repeated his original question about whether immigrants would have to speak English before coming to the U.S., asking “Are we just going to bring in people from Great Britain and Australia?”

Rather than addressing the question, Miller called Acosta’s comments offensive. “I am shocked at your statement, that you think only people from Great Britain and Australia would know English,” he said.

Stephen Miller Calls Jim Acosta ‘Ignorant and Foolish’ [VIDEO] | Variety

No need to get all flustered like that poindexter guy Miller did yesterday.

What a creep.

Me proving you wrong does not mean I'm upset....you making stupid cartoons, means that you are upset...

Someone is flustered, not me...I'm laughing at you...

Old 08-03-2017, 07:48 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Quote:

Ugh, can't rep you anymore.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:57 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,663,739 times
Quote:

It's so obviously discriminatory.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:57 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Me proving you wrong does not mean I'm upset
Except that you've never accomplished anything close to that.

First things first.

Quote:
....you making stupid cartoons, means that you are upset...
Please. They're sparkling wit. Try it sometime.

Quote:
Someone is flustered, not me...I'm laughing at you...
Right, chuck.

You really showed me.

Keep calm and carry on.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies