Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 05:21 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
A lot of those people as called farmers and you would starve if they didn't exist. Be glad that they are still around.

you're kidding, right?

Old 08-03-2017, 05:25 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Well, I'm happily a hyphenated American, raised in the suburbs. I drink water, tea and fresh juices. I love the real futbol, the beautiful game. I love concerts and other shows. Fitness and healthy eating is part of my everyday life. I've had a passport since the age of 2. Everyone in my circles loves to travel.

I've lived in the suburbs, city and the rural U.S. There are positives about each but you can have your rural America. You can keep the real American title. To each his or her own. I much prefer my current life on a beautiful island. Nothing beats multiple beaches where the water is so clear, you can see your feet. Caribbean-American life...

Old 08-03-2017, 05:27 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
you're kidding, right?

No. Other then fast food where do you think your food comes from?

Old 08-03-2017, 05:28 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
All those big city urban elitists hate rural America. They think their urban utopias are the best and they insult people living outside it. Just look at the tons of posts by urban dwellers trashing on people living in rural America.
ALL

THEY

TONS

So many generalizations.

Basically doing the same thing you are accusing others of!

Old 08-03-2017, 05:31 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
What percentage of the population in rural areas are farmers?

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Last thing I'd ever wanna be is a hick, hayseed or bumpkin. No thanks.

If you wanna spend your whole life bobbing for apples, entering your prize pig in the fair, using your front lawn as your garage, and inflating the tires on your house....have at it.

If it ain't urbane and cosmopolitan, I want no part of it. While you watch NASCAR, I'm watching Formula One and laughing at you.
Then we have people like me and my friends. We enjoy all sorts of things from country fairs to concerts by the Philharmonic. Its funny you should mention Formula One and NASCAR. I have two female friends. One is a pediatrician and the other owns a marketing business. Both use their significant "play money" to go to NASCAR and Formula One. They'd probably laugh at the idea of "urbane and cosmopolitan." Enjoy all that life has to offer! Or step aside while the rest of us do.

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
. Just look at the tons of posts by urban dwellers trashing on people living in rural America.
Maybe you can link us to few of the tons of posts that are apparently out there , im not seeing it and its the first ive heard that not only are dems the enemy of the state but now city dwellers arent real Americans.Some one is having a great time destroying the moral fabric of the USA from within.You dont have to worry about North Korea or Muslims Americans seem to be doing a fine job of destroying themselves.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:32 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Oy. Where does fast food come from? Does it fall from the sky?

Old 08-03-2017, 05:52 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
If you don't live in and participate in rural American culture, how can you even call yourself American? Cold beer, cruising, mud runs, football, that's AMERICA!
I used to love football. Then Art Modell took my football team and I saw it for the crony capitalist corporate welfare it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If it ain't urbane and cosmopolitan, I want no part of it. While you watch NASCAR, I'm watching Formula One and laughing at you.
I have this image of an AA sipping tea from a tiny tea cup speaking elitespeak watching ultra high speed go-carts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
As for cruising, do adults really do that, other than on a ship? Most people I know stopped that nonsense when they were about 17.
Classic car clubs do. Quite a bit. And they do it in cities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
*chuckles* Your point? Where do you live? Do you and Fordtrucks have drag races? Twice around Red Square?
My money is on Ford Trucks. Gonna put dem MONSTER TRUCK WHEELS on the truck and run over the charger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Oy. Where does fast food come from? Does it fall from the sky?
Im putting you in charge of making this happen. Make sure Arby's and Zaxbys are in the first tests.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-03-2017 at 09:03 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 08-03-2017, 05:56 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
I have this image of an AA sipping tea from a tiny tea cup speaking elitespeak watching ultra high speed go-carts.

That is possible the funniest thing I will read all day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies