Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 08:13 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Big ford truck?

No I like driving to where I go, not walk or push...

Truck gun doesn't fit in the glove box though.
Bible. Eh. Has very little bearing on me.
Football... Unless I'm in gear playing. No use for it.
LOL I will give you that one on the Ford truck!

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I enjoy reading 69's posts. They keep my laughing even on busy days. I know he's just trolling but there really are people out there in rural America who think like the OP. The qualifications for citizenship are a home with wheels, big Ford truck with mudflaps, cooler full of beer, gun and bible in the glovebox, and a football game playing on the radio. If you don't have at least 3 of the aforementioned items then you just ain't 'Murican.

God I'm glad I live in the city!
You know these people?

2,122 posts, read 3,689,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
So the cruising the OP is referring to is just driving around aimlessly in a car or on a motorcycle? When was that an actual thing? I honestly have never heard of such a thing and don't know anyone that would actually do it. Is it basically a long commute that you do intentionally with no set destination in mind?
Some people actually enjoy driving. I didn't realize that people didn't know this.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:14 AM

19,649 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
I enjoy reading 69's posts. They keep my laughing even on busy days. I know he's just trolling but there really are people out there in rural America who think like the OP. The qualifications for citizenship are a home with wheels, big Ford truck with mudflaps, cooler full of beer, gun and bible in the glovebox, and a football game playing on the radio. If you don't have at least 3 of the aforementioned items then you just ain't 'Murican.

God I'm glad I live in the city!
No one here is saying any of that, and some of you are responding to a joke post with insults. Basically it is people making fun of southern and midwestern rural culture really without provocation. It doesn't get us anywhere as a nation to keep doing this.

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
People in rural areas tend to have tighter-knit communities and know each other far better than people in urban areas. They want to keep it this way. I see nothing wrong with it.

city folks have always made fun of country folks. The way I see it? well, the people who live in the rural areas tend to be much more vocal about their idea of what a good America is because they are united, and thus more ‘patriotic’ openly. The people who live in the urban areas have to at least tolerate a ton of different viewpoints and thus they become more muddled.

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
I have every right to judge others, always have. Let's just say, I'm one of the superior ones.
We all judge. It's human nature. How are you superior and to whom? BTW I am a gun totin' country girl who hates beer and does not go to the local mud bog and only cruise when the local car show is happening.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:15 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Quote:
I enjoy reading 69's posts. They keep my laughing even on busy days. I know he's just trolling but there really are people out there in rural America who think like the OP.
Good point, I forget that sometimes.

As you said, the OP is clearly trolling. But there are a lot of people out there with that mentality. If you don't fit perfectly inside their narrow window of what they feel is acceptable, then you're wrong. Period.

I guess they don't get it

Old 08-03-2017, 08:17 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerTHB View Post
Some people actually enjoy driving. I didn't realize that people didn't know this.

There are those who seem to believe enjoying anything in life should not be allowed.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:17 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,339,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerTHB View Post
I know plenty of people that enjoy driving, they participate in SCCA racing events, etc.

That is not what the OP meant though, are you saying that a popular hobby in rural areas is to just drive with no destination or purpose in mind? I will admit to being completely ignorant of that type of subculture, which is why I asked when it was a popular thing to do. Are you talking about the Grease drive in burger joint stuff?

I am getting a sense this is something similar to low rider or fast and furious style culture, am I right? Basically hanging out with your car?

Old 08-03-2017, 08:18 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,908,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
The divide is huge. We need to get back to our rural roots.
Why go backwards....I prefer moving forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies