Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 08:01 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
It's not necessarily about money. There is a family a couple blocks over from us (this is not a poor neighborhood), whose front yard looks like a flea market. It's a nice enough house, but when I first moved here, I thought they were having a garage sale. That was four years ago. Of course, this behavior is not limited to people in the country, either...
Well exactly so why equate it to one demographic of the country.
What has happened to united we stand, divided we fall. One nation. The beauty of this country is its diversity and until recently its unity.

1,940 posts, read 1,029,346 times
This thread speaks to the total divide this country is in.

Rural or Big City, to me thats population under 1,000 or over 500,000.

So you're anti American if you don't have a gun and anti American if you do.

Rural farmers use immigrants for worker and Big City use them to clean their house or serve them.

I've been asking myself that too, What is America? My Great Great Grandfather owned a general store where I grew up and the building is still there. I compare the pictures we have to what has changed all around it and it is not for the better. Armed cops in what was a rural town is shocking, its downfall was when a Hindu temple bought the YMCA and a low income housing building was built next to the town's largest park. Both were pushed through by our Republican mayor.

Today the left would love the temple and housing and the right would condemn it.

This country needs a reboot on all levels.

At the end of the day I prefer country but need my city fix once and awhile and the smell and sound of a rough ocean and fresh seafood.

To the OP, you forgot NASCAR! I like any sport with an engine, man and machine over traditional team sports.

10,834 posts, read 14,940,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
All those big city urban elitists hate rural America. They think their urban utopias are the best and they insult people living outside it. Just look at the tons of posts by urban dwellers trashing on people living in rural America.
What I find funny about them is they couldn't even feed themselves if they had to.

And many of these elites weren't even born here 37 percent of Silicon Valley foreign-born - Washington Examiner

As if I should care what a bunch of foreigners in Silicon Valley think?

Old 08-03-2017, 08:02 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
I keep waiting for Jeff Foxworthy to weigh in on this thread. "...you may be a redneck..."

Old 08-03-2017, 08:02 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Sadly, cruising seems to be a favorite passtime of rednecks everywhere, mostly in their big, loud pickup trucks with confederate flags flying from the back. The ones who've had their driver's licenses suspended for DUI cruise in golf carts.
Most likely grandpa.....we do seem to learn from the best!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
All those country rural dwellers - hate Americans that live in cities. They think their rural utopias are the best and they insult people living outside it. Just look at the tons of posts by rural dwellers trashing on people living in American cities.
Well a few posts on C-D tells us how the rest of rural America thinks......little hint; we don't think about city people, much!

By the way did you notice the comments about rural people or are you just picking and choosing the emotional button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
And when we use our car horn it is usually to get an animal out of the road instead of being irritated at another human. So pleasant living where people treat each other with respect.
When I hear a car horn, it is the mail lady.

I am not sure American lifestyle has certain things that make us 100% American. I can't stand to sit for hours watching men play with a ball of any kind. I prefer horseback riders over ball players. Then we have those Harley riders......that's very American!

Is beer more American than shots of whiskey? Is mud run the same as beer run, without getting the beer? I have been mud bogging......also, fish tailing down a dirt road. I like my old Chevy truck!

Let's not forget skipping rocks, this is one challenge I never turn down.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:03 AM

817 posts, read 753,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
The real American culture is a melting pot of influences from the local people and what they bring with them... that is one of the beauties of this country. There is something for everyone... a place for anyone to call home.
I disagree. It sickens me to see the way some people are in this country. Especially turbans on heads.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:04 AM

817 posts, read 753,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
This thread speaks to the total divide this country is in.

Rural or Big City, to me thats population under 1,000 or over 500,000.

So you're anti American if you don't have a gun and anti American if you do.

Rural farmers use immigrants for worker and Big City use them to clean their house or serve them.

I've been asking myself that too, What is America? My Great Great Grandfather owned a general store where I grew up and the building is still there. I compare the pictures we have to what has changed all around it and it is not for the better. Armed cops in what was a rural town is shocking, its downfall was when a Hindu temple bought the YMCA and a low income housing building was built next to the towns largest park. Both were pushed through by our Republican mayor.

This country needs a reboot on all levels.
The divide is huge. We need to get back to our rural roots.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:05 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
Every person who is a legal citizen of the US is an American and luckily we all have the choice in how and where we live. It's not any of my business to decide what is right for other people. Nor is it any of yours to decide what is right for me.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:05 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,108,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
I disagree. It sickens me to see the way some people are in this country. Especially turbans on heads.
Here's the thing... there is a place for people like you too.

There was a time we despised Irish immigrants.... soon they were assimilated into this country and contributed to our "culture". You are fighting a loosing cause. But that's ok... as I said, there is a place for everybody.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:06 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,735,836 times
I enjoy reading 69's posts. They keep my laughing even on busy days. I know he's just trolling but there really are people out there in rural America who think like the OP. The qualifications for citizenship are a home with wheels, big Ford truck with mudflaps, cooler full of beer, gun and bible in the glovebox, and a football game playing on the radio. If you don't have at least 3 of the aforementioned items then you just ain't 'Murican.

God I'm glad I live in the city!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies