Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 12:53 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Because he had already slowed down. He was going slowly enough to be struck from behind by a person swinging a flagpole.

When thinking about contact, speed is not important. With this one has to think Baseball batting averages. If the national average is 0.300 then that is a 30% of the times they've come up to bat, they've made contact with the ball. Translate that over to this incident, then on this matter there is going to be a probability of a person swinging a stick at a moving object within it's line of movement to make contact.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
So how many folks did the Dodge actually come in contact with?
I am struggling to see how 19 people were hurt here; I'm struggling with this whole thing actually, trying to understand it.

I've looked at several vids; there is no way 19 people are between the Dodge/white car, no way.
Between the white car and the (driverless) red van, one cannot see.
The guys he seems to hit as he backs up, are not lying in the street in pools of blood.

I dunno this whole thing has me
From the front? Two as far as I can tell. From the side as a side swipe? Hard to tell.

If you have a few hours, sit and watch this video. It's not in order, but it does give perspective to this entire thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzhqO3iYlxk

Old 08-22-2017, 01:17 PM

29,517 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Great article and what I knew all along.

The neo Nazis and white nationalist types were deliberately looking for a confrontation to get more publicity and gain more sympathizers.

It's a textbook case for publicity 101.

I remember when Geraldo Rivera had those skinheads on his talk show, the resulting fight boosted membership of skinhead gangs.

The Antifa types fell for it hook line and sinker.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-fasc...154710606.html

Today, right extremists are going around the country staging rallies just like the one in 1927 in Wedding. According to the civil rights advocacy organization the Southern Poverty Law Center, they pick places where they know anti-fascists are present, like university campuses. They come spoiling for physical confrontation. Then they and their allies spin it to their advantage.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Wait, Ms. Heyer was listed as being from "Charlottesville"? Pruzhany tried to claim she was some sort of outsider, e.g. an "outside agitator".
I said she didn't live within walking distance of the location. She lived a 10-15 drive north of it. Walking from her home in a subdivision in a suburb was not feasible to the location she got hit at.

Quote:
And you know there weren't how? You completely examined the car immediately after the hit?
And you think the Police Dept washed the car down while working the scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzhqO3iYlxk

Last edited by Pruzhany; 08-22-2017 at 01:32 PM..

Old 08-22-2017, 01:23 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Heather D. Heyer. Will do some research into her background and we'll see what footprints she's left outside of the MSM and her mother. An initial look to 2016 shows her to be BLM as she made comments in relation to people of color being killed and negative comments against a few Police Departments.
Quote:
It's appropriate to know what her background was before this incident as she is being painted in the light of an angel. The MSM/Parents is only showing the side they want readers to see. This is simply research to see who she was. As to the accident she was the obese woman being worked on the sidewalk. Her twitter account and her Face Book account have been sanitized (but thanks to the internet cache system some of it can be recovered). The black man seen flying through the air was a friend of hers going back at least five years. She was BLM. She advocated for POC (People of color) and WOC (Woman of color). So she was a activist.
It was well reported she was an activist. This is unsurprising given she was attending a protest. I don't get what's so interesting about it or why it's negative.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:36 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Heather was walking in the middle of the street, so she was directly hit and flew over the white car. A black woman landed on the gray cars windshield causing the smash seen on the drivers side. She can be seen on a stretcher being rolled to an ambulance with no bandages on her nor a neck collar. The black man seen in the photo flying through the air seems to have fractured his ankle. Per all the other photos it seems to be a stampede effect as they pushed/shoved/jumped on/jumped over to get out of the street to get out of the way of the car. Keep in mind there were many more people walking up the sidewalks who were already at mid-block. The ones that got hurt are primarily the ones who decided not to wait and follow those walking up the sidewalks and walked in the street. The secondary people hurt are those they jumped on, on the sidewalk.
Then add in those struck directly by the van that was pushed into the intersection where there were a number of people. That scene is fairly clear in the second half of the drone video. There's also an article around about a man from Ohio who had head injuries and was still hospitalized at the time of writing. He's in his thirties, white, married with two young kids.

And again, can we please drop the blame-the-victim slant? That's been rehashed in dozens of posts. Anyone who has ever left a football stadium parking lot or other event finds pedestrians walking all over the place. I'm not following the discussions about the street closely but from the drone video there were large numbers of people milling about with a number of cars. Surely, anyone driving down that street would see the crowd ahead and know there might be delays.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Then add in those struck directly by the van that was pushed into the intersection where there were a number of people. That scene is fairly clear in the second half of the drone video. There's also an article around about a man from Ohio who had head injuries and was still hospitalized at the time of writing. He's in his thirties, white, married with two young kids.
Per the drone the van was already moving slowly through the intersection.

The Ohio man you list was a secondary as a stampede person knocked him down (even per his own words). MSM sensationalized it, but per the link he went home the following day.

UPDATE: Athens County man injured at Virginia protest now recovering at home

Quote:
Burke was released from the hospital the day after the incident but still has stitches and staples in his head and now relies on a cane to walk.

Old 08-22-2017, 03:00 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
The US is a lawsuit happy country. I doubt there is one person who didn't think the drivers of the white car and the van didn't meet with a lawyer my Monday morning to start creating lawsuits. As to the car the crush zones on the fenders are crushed. The trunk lid is bent and dented. There are enough photos on line that show there is no easily noticeable blood on the car.
Yep. That's what's expected with an impact of maybe 15 mph. I posted a video of what happens with a 20 mph impact. The rear window shatters and pops out. That didn't happen in this incident.

Old 08-22-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I don't think that argument is going to hold any water in court (even if they chase a dog around the courtroom).
That's not an argument that will be presented in court. I'm just trying to explain it in relatable terms to those who don't understand physics. /shrug

Old 08-22-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
When thinking about contact, speed is not important. With this one has to think Baseball batting averages. If the national average is 0.300 then that is a 30% of the times they've come up to bat, they've made contact with the ball. Translate that over to this incident, then on this matter there is going to be a probability of a person swinging a stick at a moving object within it's line of movement to make contact.
You're forgetting that the attacker swung in reverse. He wasn't swinging at an oncoming object. He swung at an object going in the same direction as his swing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies