Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2017, 04:52 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,720,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
The only color that matters to businesses is green. No sane employer would allow that to be endangered by being associated with skinheads or any other racist, especially those associated with violent groups.
Ultimately, this is the reality of the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
First they came for......
The nazis jobs? Is that where you are going with this?

4,795 posts, read 4,819,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Are you really equating White Supremacist events to the Occupy protests? Come on...

Also, I don't see many masks here: Google Images: occupy wall street protesters
I see plenty of people that were freely and open at these protests.

Are you talking about the stupid anarchist morons that ruined some peaceful protests with their destructive behaviors (you should know that they basically just took over the protests to break things and really had no interest in the movement/protest)?

If an employer felt these people were damaging their brand or violating some employee agreements, then they'd have a case to fire them, too. Just like the companies firing these White Nationalist/Supremacists.

Then again, they might reach a different conclusion since WS movements are viewed far more negatively than the Occupy Protests (for good reason, by the way). I personally would fire someone openly attending WS events - how could I ever trust them to work effectively with a non-white person? Talk about a liability...

Someone attending an Occupy protest? As long as they were peaceful, I would see no issue there (although, if they were one of the stupid masked anarchists - I might fire them).

A different employer might disagree with me, since it is their company (but again...it shouldn't be a surprising when they're not treated equally.
Yes, I'm talking about anarchists who only seem to show up at left wing rallies like Occupy and BLM with masks to destroy property and inflect bodily harm

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
A person's ability to keep their job should be based on their performance not their politics.

In the Soviet Union you needed to be in the Communist party to get a job. In Fascist Italy you needed to be a member of the Fascist party in order to be employed. A man was forced out of his job in Berkeley California because he was on the wrong side in the protest.

How much difference is there between the social justice warriors and the authoritarians that I named above.
Tell it to the Republicans who have ensured that workers in America have no rights whatsoever.

You can be fired for the color of your socks.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Tell that to every Occupy protester
Where did occupy participants claim their protest was about "pride"?

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Yes, I'm talking about anarchists who only seem to show up at left wing rallies like Occupy and BLM with masks to destroy property and inflect bodily harm
Yeah, they're morons. Won't get any arguments from me there. I'd probably fire one of them, too, if I knew they were being violent or destroying property (some of the anarchists that were in some of the Oakland Occupy marches really pissed me off...).

An ordinary Occupy or BLM member, though? Probably not.

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
I don't think masks should be allowed. If you can't show your face ~ you probably shouldn't be there and that goes for all of them.

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Private employers and employees should be able to negotiate these issues minus involuntary 3rd party intervention (government).

I'm somewhat torn on what happened here with the doxing of the protesters. The spirit of putting pressure on their employers to not associate with certain folks is something I really embrace because I don't want State-intervention.

Having said that, we live in an involuntary State where doxing protesters is little more than a "feel good" action because under statism the mechanisms are not and cannot be put in place to effectively shun and punish folks who do deplorable things.

I find Nazis, the KKK, BLM, and Anifa to be repugnant piles of crap. Yet if I'm a barber I must cut their hair. If I'm a hotel owner I must rent them a room. If I'm dentist I must fill their cavities.

My hope is people start to understand that the only way to effectively change behaviors without the use of force and not infringing on the rights of others is to allow all of us have complete control over the fruits of our labor.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:55 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
4th amendment? That has to do with due process and search warrants, are you sure you don't mean the 1st amendment
No I meant the 4th. A private person or employer can't just search you since they wouldn't be the government doing it without a warrant. But the argument is just that when it's the 1st amendment.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
A person's ability to keep their job should be based on their performance not their politics.

In the Soviet Union you needed to be in the Communist party to get a job. In Fascist Italy you needed to be a member of the Fascist party in order to be employed. A man was forced out of his job in Berkeley California because he was on the wrong side in the protest.

How much difference is there between the social justice warriors and the authoritarians that I named above.
So employers should tolerate employees who will potentially cost them business? So you are advocating for guaranteed jobs. Sounds pretty communist to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies