Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2017, 09:33 PM

6,475 posts, read 4,076,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
South Africa? You mean where white people:

* have to live in homes surrounded by electric barbwire fences?
* drive cheap disposable cars since any nice car will be hijacked?
* drive with windows up and doors locked to keep from getting robbed?
* stay home at night because it's too dangerous to go out?

You mean THAT South Africa?

Sorry, bub. Your credibility is completely shot with your first example. South Africa is a racial disaster. Even blacks from other African countries are heavily discriminated against and victimized. The only way you're safe is South Africa is to be a black South African.
I didn't say safe did I? SA in terms of safety is a hellhole that I wouldn't wish on anybody. But their is a reason why Nigerians are still moving into South Africa even with a new video every week of a violent mob burning down a Nigerian business. SA actually has a structure that allows you to prosper. Also whites on average are the safest race in SA. Foreign blacks and white farmers might be publicized as the most targeted but take in mind SA has American style drug gangs and so gang wars erupt leading to way more deaths among SA blacks: they are the least safe in the country. The only place we're SA blacks are safer than other races is the state of Limpopo and other rural areas were the murder rate is around 10 murders per 100,000.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:37 PM

661 posts, read 521,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
Lets see, we have Trump's claim about the all the nice people chanting Nazi slogans during their torchlight march, we have those who insist that we'll forget all about our history if we remove memorials celebrating a failed revolution from public land.

Then there're threads like this one questioning the value of our multicultural heritage and others in a similar vein;
Left Finally Admits All Muslims Are A Hate Group
How can any white liberal support BLM
A question for Black Americans regarding relocating out of America
Should we have still have a black caucus or add a white, Hispanic and Asian caucus?
Global Commies are using racist propaganda for power
And my favorite; Its wrong to hate but not wrong to reason racial inferiority?

So recently when I hear Democratic politicians and business leaders keep claiming that racism isn't 'American', or representative of our 'values', I always have a good belly laugh.

Given our history and current events (see above) it's obvious that racism always has been as American as apple pie...
What is your political persuasion, just wondering? I want to be able to know which side I'm reasoning with before I try to stir the pot.

And what do you think "racism" actually is by definition?

Old 08-19-2017, 09:39 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Alot of people didn't give a wit what blacks were going through all the way up to the 50s and 60s. Whatever expense it took, well, the way I see it, Blacks were the ones being put at expense for over 2 centuries. I'm willing to die if it means Blacks get the same exact rights as everyone else in this country. I say this as someone who understands that in the 50s, life would have been much harder for me. No, I'm not an ethnocentrist. I love being around people of different ethnicities. It's never been a problem for me. I don't see how making sure everyone has the same rights is such an issue. Ethnocentrism was the problem, and it hurt blacks for a long time. I understand that in order for this country is to work right, everyone must have the same rights and opportunities. Period.

Answer this for me. Why should I even want the 50s and 60s back, that would be a benefit to me?
The things these posters say... it's really funny.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:40 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
To be fair: I don't even think it's safe for ANY person in South Africa, even a dark skin native. THo word is the Zulu's don't put up with stuff.
Parts of Chicago, Detroit etc aren't safe even for a dark skin native either. I guess that's why the government and whoever else moves them in mass into everyone else's neighborhood to protect them from each other and allow others to be the target and burdened.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:44 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Parts of Chicago, Detroit etc aren't safe even for a dark skin native either. I guess that's why the government and whoever else moves them in mass into everyone else's neighborhood to protect them from each other and allow others to be the target and burdened.
No one moves them in mass to other people's neighborhoods. The once who can afford (who posses the largesse and capital) to move often do.

And do you live in chicago? Detroit? So why are you obsessed with people who live there?

Old 08-19-2017, 09:52 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I didn't say safe did I? SA in terms of safety is a hellhole that I wouldn't wish on anybody.
Oh, I guess I misunderstood. When you said, "best", I figured you meant it was "safe". Yes, it is a safety hellhole. The police are ineffective too.

Quote:
Also whites on average are the safest race in SA.
Seriously? Do you have a reference for that? Maybe it's true, but I don't really know. If it is true then it's because whites are basically prisoners in their own homes as I mentioned in my previous post. Every white in SA knows someone, possibly even a family member who's been a victim of horrific black on white crime there -- robbery, torture and murder, sometimes of entire families.

At any rate, as a liberal who's generally pro-immigration, I couldn't think of a worse model for multiculturalism than SA.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Oh, I guess I misunderstood. When you said, "best", I figured you meant it was "safe". Yes, it is a safety hellhole. The police are ineffective too.

Seriously? Do you have a reference for that? Maybe it's true, but I don't really know. If it is true then it's because whites are basically prisoners in their own homes as I mentioned in my previous post. Every white in SA knows someone, possibly even a family member who's been a victim of horrific black on white crime there -- robbery, torture and murder, sometimes of entire families.

At any rate, as a liberal who's generally pro-immigration, I couldn't think of a worse model for multiculturalism than SA.
It is true, although Indians might be slightly safer. Look at the murder rate in the predominantly white part of Cape Town and the murder rate in the black part of Cape Town. One is a worldwide reknown tourist destination, the other has one suburb called Nyanga that has 60,000 people yet an astonishing 262 murders and is 98% black... that is a murder rate of 437 murders per 100,000 people. As much as people complain about white South African farmers and their safety, they are blessedness they don't get to live in a neighborhood like that. Limpopo which is also 94% black but is mostly rural has a murder rate of 15 so their is variance. But take in mind of all the stories of white South Africans being robbed or killed, criminals aren't racist. They target the easiest target, that means other poor people who can't afford to live behind a fence or in a nice area are the number one target.

https://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-cou...rhoods-1580294

Here is a list of most dangerous communities take in mind whites aren't on here because they are relatively in safer areas than the rest. SA is just so dangerous that a safe area in somewhere like western cape with a murder rate of 52 is average so a safe area will have a murder rate between 10-20 murders per 100,000 which is outrageous by U.S standards and are the numbers a place like Compton puts up. Not even the Bronx is that murderous.

https://africacheck.org/factsheets/f...me-statistics/

Old 08-19-2017, 10:34 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
No one moves them in mass to other people's neighborhoods. The once who can afford (who posses the largesse and capital) to move often do.

And do you live in chicago? Detroit? So why are you obsessed with people who live there?
Oh baloney, government, banks and ngos are working to diversify every neighborhood.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:36 PM

So the government told blacks to migrate north to take jobs?????

Old 08-19-2017, 11:39 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Wrong. Blacks are doing better now than they were in the 50s and 60s. No more Jim Crow. No more restrictive covenants telling Blacks where they can and cannot live. More Black people getting college degrees and entering the ranks of the professionals, such as the engineers, doctors, lawyers, etc. The Black middle class and Black middle-upper class has increased.
That's very true. Even one of the "Supremes" is black, senators, well known medical doctors and surgeons, sports figures, VOP entrepreneurs, and so on. There is not place in the world like the US where any person regardless of race or color can work from poverty to riches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies