Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2017, 03:36 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times

Advertisements

If conservative whites didn't want to assimilate blacks into their culture, they should not have forced them to come here as slaves.

Many other immigrants who come here are far more productive and decent than you think. Asians and Indians are successful in education and careers; I see it every day at my office. Stop painting all foreigners with too broad of a brush.

Old 08-19-2017, 03:38 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,871,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Probably because blacks didn't like being denied voting rights, careers, respect...or being made to use separate schools, bathrooms, buses...or treat whites as superior overlords?

Ever thought of that? Let me guess, none of that registers with you as a problem because you're white.

this.

Old 08-19-2017, 03:41 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Probably because blacks didn't like being denied voting rights, careers, respect...or being made to use separate schools, bathrooms, buses...or treat whites as superior overlords?

Ever thought of that? Let me guess, none of that registers with you as a problem because you're white.
Whatever, desegregation and the civil rights acts occurred before mass globalized immigration was instituted.

Old 08-19-2017, 03:42 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,201,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
The Mayans, incas, and Aztecs we're doing just fine before the Spaniards and portugese TOOK them by force. You can't slam Latin America without slamming Colonialism .....
How do you know they didn't fight each other? Not only that, but according to historians, some of them didn't even know that other cultures existed since some were far apart from each other.

Over in Alaska, some of the Native tribes in the past would fight each other. I can only assume that the same happened to the Mayan, Incas, and Aztecs. Humans have been fighting each other from the beginning of humankind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_warfare

These people had armies, too:
http://knowledgenuts.com/2013/10/22/...nca-and-olmec/
Quote:
The Inca civilization can be traced back to about A.D. 1200. They lived in the mountains of Peru, far removed from the Olmecs, Maya, and Aztecs, and at the peak of their power, the civilization extended for 4,000 kilometers (2,500 mi) and included 16 million people. They were extremely advanced and had an army, laws, roads, bridges, tunnels, and a complicated irrigation system far ahead of its time. However, they never invented a system of writing, instead using knotted ropes for record-keeping. A civil war over the rightful heir to the throne meant that when the Spanish invaded, the Inca were easily defeated. The empire fell in 1533.
Regardless: a nation without borders, a language, a culture, and laws to be followed by the people-cannot exist.

Last edited by RayinAK; 08-19-2017 at 03:55 PM..

Old 08-19-2017, 03:44 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,871,249 times
Quote:
If conservative whites didn't want to assimilate blacks into their culture, they should not have forced them to come here as slaves.

Many other immigrants who come here are far more productive and decent than you think. Asians and Indians are successful in education and careers; I see it every day at my office. Stop painting all foreigners with too broad of a brush.
this too.

another way to look at the state of today, is that despite the current highly publicized turmoil and Trump's unexpected Presidency (which I think is due to the majority of Americans not turning out to vote- remember out of over FOUR HUNDRED MILLION people only about 63 million folks voted Trump so its NOT a majority in any way)
what we are seeing is growing pains.

Our nation- amongst others in the world is inextricably drawn into global economic infrastructures etc...
and our society is becoming more multi ethnic, and multi racial, etc...

Its why this percentage of Americans are getting uncomfortable.

Its too late though- theres no turning back the clock.

What we are doing is giving rein to the Corporations, and the people who own them- who honestly, are truly global enterprises-

Look at the Trump family, lol!!!!!!!

Last edited by CAjerseychick; 08-19-2017 at 03:53 PM..

Old 08-19-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
It was the long gone classical liberals, wealthy the original globalist that did that, later to become Democrats not "conservative whites" that did that.

Quote:
How does that help blacks and other long standing Americans?

Old 08-19-2017, 03:48 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,346,263 times
Quote:

Good post.

Although I'd change it slightly to read: If conservative whites didn't wants to assimilate elements of black culture into a common culture, they should not have forced them to come here as slaves.

Even that, though, I'd probably rewrite further to recognize that there are often subcultures within the American identity instead of the old melting pot idea that isn't particularly accurate.

Folks are free to draw from a subculture what they choose and ignore the rest.

Obviously, it's more complicated than that for there are flash points like the current Confederate statue issue that, even though initially resolved by democratic vote, still left unhappy folks.

Old 08-19-2017, 03:51 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,346,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Even if that is true, the left is changing the demographics of America largely for the purpose of tearing down all British American tradition.
The tradition that I'm referring to is the concept of managing internal affairs through voting by an educated population. Not scones and tea at 4 pm.

Old 08-19-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
How do you know they didn't fight each other? Not only that, but according to historians, some of them didn't even know that other cultures existed since some were far apart from each other.

Over in Alaska, some of the Native tribes in the past would fight each other. I can only assume that the same happened to the Mayan, Incas, and Aztecs. Humans have been fighting each other from the beginning of humankind.
I believe the Mayans had collapsed before colonial contact. The Aztecs were at constant war with other tribal nations, who turned allies with the Spanish against them, with slaves and human sacrifice. The Incas were in a war between two factions when Pizzaro began his conquest.

Old 08-19-2017, 03:57 PM

33,554 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
We are all familiar with the phrase "diversity is our strength." I would like to know what the historical basis for that is. Sure, US has always been "multi-cultural" but all of those cultures came from the same race/geographic area and were always forced to assimilate into one culture. Where did the idea that a society made up roughly equally of fiver different races would be better than a county of only one race?

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, just trying to learn. Thanks!
Five races? There is only one race, Human........By the way Canada is doing just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies