Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 08:42 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,037,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
A diverse, and multi-cultural society can succeed only if those new immigrants, or at least their first gen children ASSIMILATE. Speak English, and embrace American culture and values, including capitalism, and NOT the welfare state.
When you don't have anything you play the "Assimilate" card.

If that's the case why isnt Detroit or Ohio or Kentucky ranking among the top states?? They speak English, embrace the values and use Welfare.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:07 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,483,414 times
If divisions remain permanent, no. What usually happens is new and old groups eventually intermarry and over time the differences go away. You see it with the Vikings and Germanic peoples that went to Britain and mixed with the native Britons. It also happen in the USA with the various European and Protestant / Catholic groups. I think eventually all the groups in the USA will mix so much and create a new group that won't understand what all the fuss was about.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:44 PM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
If divisions remain permanent, no. What usually happens is new and old groups eventually intermarry and over time the differences go away. You see it with the Vikings and Germanic peoples that went to Britain and mixed with the native Britons. It also happen in the USA with the various European and Protestant / Catholic groups. I think eventually all the groups in the USA will mix so much and create a new group that won't understand what all the fuss was about.

I wish I could be that optimistic but different races marrying each other won't erase the cultural differences and that's the main problem, IMO.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:58 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Wait till multi-culturalism goes after football, baseball , all that has been American culture. They already started with the Red Skins... just to put their toe in the water to see the reaction.
The globalists are trying very hard to destroy our history, our identity as a nation.. they want us to be just the world.. no borders, no countries, all on the same playing ground..

Our middle class has to be brought down in order for globalist markets to be able to equal the worlds pay grade.

Trump has put a big wrench into their world view .. as a one world governing body. One world leader above all nations..

Our history, our patriotism, our Constitution does not fit the narrative. Neither does religion. The way to progress is to go through the democratic party, our media takes care of the brainwashing of the masses, and it was going along just fine till the people recognized what was going on. And Trump came along.

The global powers are mad as hell. It did not go as they expected. Now they are figuring out a way to banish our history, go after our Founding Fathers, Shred our Constitution, Take away our guns. It is coming.. we will be all pawns to a one world governing body when our identity and our borders are gone.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:00 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'd say we're succeeding pretty well, at least so far. Yes, there is a disgruntled minority, but most Americans get along with others quite well. California is probably the best example of this. Not much ethnic conflict here, and the state is the most diverse in the country.
I would have guessed Hawaii, a state where whites are a minority, and it has zero hate groups.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:19 PM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'd say we're succeeding pretty well, at least so far. Yes, there is a disgruntled minority, but most Americans get along with others quite well. California is probably the best example of this. Not much ethnic conflict here, and the state is the most diverse in the country.

Not really. I know, I live there. Diversity doesn't necessarily equate to harmony.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:24 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,922 times
This is an example of an Alt-Right thread.

The purpose is to simply reinforce those who already believe the US would be better off as a mono-culture.

You are wasting your energy trying to argue against the Alt-Right.

Ignore

Old 08-18-2017, 05:46 PM

7,593 posts, read 4,165,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I wish I could be that optimistic but different races marrying each other won't erase the cultural differences and that's the main problem, IMO.
I disagree. It is about values and those values influencing behavior that can cause problems. The problem that follows is when people pay attention to a particular behavior and consider it cultural, when it was brought about by values.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:48 PM

1,147 posts, read 718,734 times
There will always be challenges with multiculturalism, but Canada seems to do relatively well compared to other countries. Canada is probably the most successful multicultural society in the world.

Old 08-18-2017, 06:44 PM

1,147 posts, read 718,734 times
A multicultural society is more likely to succeed if immigrants are being sourced from cultures that value education and achievement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies