Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 11:28 AM

22,697 posts, read 24,743,463 times

Advertisements

All special-interest groups are very much steeped in ideology.

As for groups being evil, well, that is many times based on point-of-view. I am of the opinion that the whole transgenderism issue is not good and people who choose this lifestyle are mentally-distressed......to some that makes me evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 07:44 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,109,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Well, here in the US the neo Nazis do seem to be a stand alone group in terms of being the highest even of evil. At east they are at the moment. Charlottesesville is the first incident involving them in a LONG time. When one thinks about it, this is the first thing that's drawn any coverage since the 80s. The last big deal thing I vol ing Hitler humpers that I can think of was the 16 million armored car heist down in Mendocino county and they got away. The feds caught up with them years later in WA. And they said this was Klan types not goose steppers. There was a difference back then. Turned out they were Nazi types.

And the feds never recovered the money. It was pretty much gone. The hit was well orchestrated. They hit the truck with an RPG or LAW type weapon, popped the doors and grabbed the loot. Since the White power/Aryan:Nazi types have been way underground. Oh they've been around but in small numbers and not getting much attention. Had a scrape with them myself back in 88 at a Metallica concert in Sac. Frigging srawny little punks.

I think people are giving them way to much credit now as to what sort of threat they are. They are made up of some of the most mentally backwards people I can think of. Physically their ranks aren't much better if any. If they were allowed to keep breeding amongst themselves they would be devolved to just about the level of lower primates in a couple more generations. They're getting close now.

And though there was a tragic death in VA this demonstration wasn't that big, considering they drew from across the country coast to coast. Maybe if I'm generous a couple hundred bodies? They were outnumbered by the opposition. 2to 1 at least. And then I see a thread like this. "The pinnacle of evil." Please! These Hitler humping, goose stepping chicken choking morons are being given way to much credibility.

But now since things got escalated there's a bogeyman to use as a rallying cry. And now the Nazi monkeys can do the same. Far better it would be if we had just kept ignoring them. The best acknowledgement of them would have been to acknowledge their obscurity and irrelevance. But somebody just had to toss kerosene on that weak spark left in that fire. Every cause has to have an enemy. Without scapegoats it's hard to get people motivated. I thought it was a good thing to let ideology like naziism just die. Sheesh it was almost there and now it's off of life support and breathing on its own again.

Ain't life grand though. It's all making my head hurt.
I would think the militias that exist in many states like MT,NV,ID,WY and such are much more of a threat than the "hitler humpers", at least the people I've met that are in them.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:56 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,917,950 times
The most evil ideology is to not want to be made a minority and complete scape goat in a nation your identity group founded and created. There's a lot of evil nations out there that need to be made righteous.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:01 PM

8,324 posts, read 3,968,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
All statists are dangerous. How many people have died from america spreading democracy?
Really so you are equating a fascist regime like the Third Reich with the USA? Please explain how they are the same. The Nazis killed 80 million people and destroyed the democratic system of Germany. I'm really curious about the logic you are using to reach this conclusion.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I would think the militias that exist in many states like MT,NV,ID,WY and such are much more of a threat than the "hitler humpers", at least the people I've met that are in them.
The fascists are are all bound together by similar goals, whether it's the militias, KKK, Aryan Nation,neo-nazis, skinheads or whatever. They are all anarchists and their shared goal is to destroy our government. "Fasces" means "binding together to be stronger as a group".

Old 08-20-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Well, here in the US the neo Nazis do seem to be a stand alone group in terms of being the highest even of evil. At east they are at the moment. Charlottesesville is the first incident involving them in a LONG time. When one thinks about it, this is the first thing that's drawn any coverage since the 80s.
I guess you forgot about Timothy McVeigh who in 1995 killed 168 with his truck bomb in Oklahoma City. Today, FBI consider radical rightwing terrorists to be the biggest threat by far here in the USA.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:14 PM

8,531 posts, read 3,377,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
All people on the left are authoritarian and violent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
All?
You caught that "All". Me too. Like minds.

I'd say any statement or philosophy that starts out with "all" can be problematic. Likewise, even the most theoretically benign political philosophy can be coopted under the right conditions by an authoritarian and megalomanic leader.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:41 PM

18,005 posts, read 15,697,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Hmm. "Militia" members around here are pretty decent folks. There's one I know of that's more pepper oriented than the couple others that are active. None are paramilitary anti government types. But I don't run in circles Ike that so I wouldn't really know who's who that way.

I was active with one for a few years. "Militia " may not be a proper term but that's what we called ourselves. But forming up under arms was not something we did as a primary function. We could and would needs be but never had to and never saw any reason to get nervous about having to. Mostly we did emergency service stuff. Sandbag work and volunteering our personal equipment like backhoes during a big flood we had, we had nurses and even a doctor and guys skilled in rope work, horsemen and backcountry ready gear and all of us were serious outdoorsman so we helped with SAR stuff with the sheriff's office when people got lost.

We were just a group of people who were ffriends so we organized a bit and made ourselves available if needed. This was the type of "militia" I'm familiar with around here. Sure we all had skills and gear for community defense if required but we sure weren't hung up on that. In that regard we were more concerned with possible criminal type activity like looting during a disaster. Not some government takeover.

Last edited by NVplumber; 08-20-2017 at 08:55 PM..

Old 08-20-2017, 08:43 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,312,397 times
Which makes more sense than some of the other ones you only hear about. The ones worried about not being on the grid and what not. Those are the slippery slope ****ers that concern me since they're like a heartbeat away from saying all non-whites are secretly having meetings to take over or something.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:55 PM

33,605 posts, read 18,261,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Communists have killed more, Islamists have as well. Both of those ideologies are just as authoritarian as the neo nazis, and both hate and want to destroy anyone who does not follow their ideology. They do not necessarily hate based on race though. Are either of those two ideological groups worse than the neo nazis? Is there some other group I haven't thought of that is worse than any of these, or are the neo nazis the pinnacle of all that is evil?
Muslim ideology wants to take over the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies