Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2017, 05:56 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I knew what the title was about. Looking at the first few words of the post, this is what I got from it. "Blacks are a criminal population, this is why we don't like them".
Blacks are a disproportionally criminal population. Do you disagree with the facts?

That doesn't mean individual black persons are criminal.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:58 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Well it would be nice to have a real conversation that does not devolve into a spewing contest. That conversation must have realistic acknowledgements on both sides as well. I don't follow people here so I may not know what their race or gender is unless I see it discussed (and remember it). I do know that you are rational for the most part and seem to remain calm.
It would be. Think about how this started. This conversation started out from a confrontational mode. It devolved from there. And I agree that in order to have a good conversation, both sides have to check their anger and arrogance at the door. Which reveals that the ill feelings were already there in the first place.

I am trying to remain rational. It's hard in this case.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Blacks are a disproportionally criminal population.
Actually, it's more like a small part of the Black population committing a large proportion of crime. And I leave you with this question. What would you have to say to the rest of the Black population, that has nothing to do with the crime?

Old 08-20-2017, 06:02 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
Actually, it's more like a small part of the Black population committing a large proportion of crime. And I leave you with this question. What would you have to say to the rest of the Black population, that has nothing to do with the crime?
I'd say, "Welcome, Neighbor".

Old 08-20-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Huh! must be thing down there. Woman from the Caribbean moved in next to my Grandmother, older boy and younger girl, the boy still has accent. Yes sir, no sir, good morning, good afternoon..... Was kind of funny becsue the girl about 5 or 6 asked mt my name so I told her my first name. Mow I'm Mr. <my first name> LOL Those are the most respectful and well mannered kids I ever met.
Not just Caribbean women. I've seen such respectful behavior from Africans. It might be just an American problem, because I've seen both White and Black kids from America behave quite disrespectfully.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I'd say, welcome Neighbor.
Well, this is my point. The very first post looked like a confrontation. Basically, it was "if Blacks weren't criminals, we'd like them better". This is what I know. Black people have historically been looked down on no matter what. This goes back to the earliest days of this nation. And the vast majority of Blacks aren't committing crimes. If it was really about crime, then the stats would have to represent itself as being at least 1 out of 2 Blacks being criminally inclined. That is not the case. For that reason, I cannot see any other case other than said person venting/looking down on Blacks and looking for an excuse to do so.

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
It would be. Think about how this started. This conversation started out from a confrontational mode. It devolved from there. And I agree that in order to have a good conversation, both sides have to check their anger and arrogance at the door. Which reveals that the ill feelings were already there in the first place.

I am trying to remain rational. It's hard in this case.
I totally understand. But there has been no way for me (as a white woman) to initiate any kind of conversation without the immediate assumption that it is for the purposes of bashing or demeaning. I have often wanted to jump into the very long black discussion thread on here. But how would that be perceived? Not too well I would imagine. Do you see the problem for people who would like to discuss? I am not going to be a patronizing "Aw black people have it so bad" type white person either. However respect on both sides is needed to have any rational conversation. I am not sure if that can happen without the peanut gallery mucking it up? Its all about respect.

2,956 posts, read 2,343,801 times
The problem is complicated but there are major issues that need to be addressed for sure.

Black "culture" is much to blame as anything else. This is certainly true. As is the problem of idiots lumping everyone together because they share something like skin color or religion, at least when it is convenient to their narrative.

There are also system created problems as well. One big one is just herding everyone together that is poor and throwing them in the ghetto. This is the number 1 reason why black and white trash culture has turned to crap in many inner cities. You simply can't herd a bunch of poor people together and expect them all to boot strap themselves on their own. White, black whatever, you go to the poor trailer park trash area of town and you can expect to see problems. It is a poverty issue and just ramming a bunch of poor people together to do their own things tends to create a lot of long term problems that become hard to address. Everything from schools to crime and opportunity are significantly impacted by these policies.

Spread them out. We have a huge country, no reason for it.

If we were really serious about solving problems, instead of just pointing fingers at "da blacks" we would be moving section 8 housing from group housing to spreading it out all over the United States. 1 apartment of every complex, not just throwing them all in a 12 block area of the po part of town. Instead of just sticking everyone in a few ghettos in every area and creating these crime ridden parts you would remove the mass of poverty in one area and spread it out. You'd have a much harder time running a gang and drugs when you have no support from your ghetto.

That would go a long way in combating these crime ridden areas it would also help change the culture of the poor folks to better help them stay focused on education and getting out of poverty.

In addition to that, blacks are heavily targeted by police. Now part of that is justified with the higher violent crime. No doubt about it. However when you also get pinched for weed or pills or whatever and it ruins your job prospects early it is a big problem. Whites dont' have as much of an issue with this because despite being much larger percent of the populations and higher percentage of drug users per capita they don't get arrested for it nearly as much as their % of use and population. Same crimes, different results. Which is bull **** and shouldn't be the case.

One final thing. Earned income credits should be tied to school enrollment and attendance. Lying or failing to report accurate numbers should be a felony punished severely. Education is the most important thing to get you out of poverty. You want your money? Get your kids ass to school.

We've place so much emphasis on college work over the last 20 years. We need to get back into the idea that many people are simply not fit for college work and we have to place an emphasis on tradesman again.

Last edited by aridon; 08-20-2017 at 06:19 PM..

Old 08-20-2017, 06:08 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Good one, you racist.
THE response of the feeble minded.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I totally understand. But there has been no way for me (as a white woman) to initiate any kind of conversation without the immediate assumption that it is for the purposes of bashing or demeaning. I have often wanted to jump into the very long black discussion thread on here. But how would that be perceived? Not too well I would imagine. Do you see the problem for people who would like to discuss? I am not going to be a patronizing "Aw black people have it so bad" type white person either. However respect on both sides is needed to have any rational conversation. I am not sure if that can happen?
I was in that long discussion regarding the Black population. There were some White people who made their comments in the thread. You would have been welcomed. In fact, it was re-itereated that non-Blacks would be welcome to comment. There were one or two individuals who did make hateful comments. No one is asking you do behave patronizingly. No one is looking for that. What we are talking about are the individuals such as the OP. Just don't bring arrogance/resentment to the table.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies