Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2017, 05:37 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
A Haitian-American women worked for me for a few years when I was very young. She immigrated to the US and had nine children with her Haitian-American husband. She was a wonderful employee. Always pregnant, but never asked for special treatment. Hardworking, kind, prompt. One time she brought all her kids to work because she had no babysitter that day. They were aged three to 15 years old and the best behaved kids I've ever encountered before or since. She was also working on an Associates degree while working for me and raising all these children. She got a LPN nursing certificate and last I heard she was still a nurse.
Huh! must be thing down there. Woman from the Caribbean moved in next to my Grandmother, older boy and younger girl, the boy still has accent. Yes sir, no sir, good morning, good afternoon..... Was kind of funny becsue the girl about 5 or 6 asked mt my name so I told her my first name. Mow I'm Mr. <my first name> LOL Those are the most respectful and well mannered kids I ever met.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:38 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I think this gets at the core of racial tensions. Anything white folks say to be helpful is written off. Yet anything bad happening in black communities is white people's fault. This creates a no-win situation and by its very nature pits people against each other.

People like this black guy are also written off/demonized/ignored:

No one is blaming white people.

Black people were criminalized early on in their existence in this country, Black people has to fight to be treated as equals in this country when they've been treated as inferiors, "less than," and as second class citizens.

Also. I don't think the future will be exactly better and I'm not that optimistic.

I honestly think white men will make millions of dollars off of marijuana dispensaries, stocks, etc when lots of poor underclass blacks will sit in jail basically for doing the same thing, making money off of drugs.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:41 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Death penalty works pretty well.
Louisiana has the death penalty. Doesn't stop the thuggery in Baton Rouge and New Orleans. Doesn't stop Louisiana from being #1 in the nation for murder rates from 1989-present.

Missouri and Alabama have executed alot of people. They ranked in the top 10 for murder rates. Death penalty doesn't work on individuals who don't expect to live past 30.

Don't believe me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u85s3twjRs

Old 08-20-2017, 05:42 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
No one is blaming white people.

Black people were criminalized early on in their existence in this country, Black people has to fight to be treated as equals in this country when they've been treated as inferiors, "less than," and as second class citizens.

Also. I don't think the future will be exactly better and I'm not that optimistic.

I honestly think white men will make millions of dollars off of marijuana dispensaries, stocks, etc when lots of poor underclass blacks will sit in jail basically for doing the same thing, making money off of drugs.
Well your comment on legalizing drugs as a way to free many incarcerated was valid. Not sure how you do it or where you draw the line but it needs serious consideration.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:42 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, what I see here on CD, said persons do exist in real life.

This is how I will sum up discussions about race and crime. This is my theory about why they get nasty. There is no trust factor. There is a feeling of "Blacks are looked down on, and some people will look for any excuse to vent their hatred about Blacks".
Well I am not one of those people. And of course nasty people exist in real life, of all colors - I know this from extensive experience. Its not my place to tell anyone how to live their life. Have a nice day and thanks for responding at least.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:44 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
IF anyone cared to look into MASS Killing.. It's overwhelmingly WHITE American's who commit them!!!! Sure a few Muslim or other bark skinned folks.. BUT by comparison.. It's a no brainer just WHO commits murder in MASS numbers!!

WHY do ALT-Right promoters try to paint all those Non-WHite as the folks that have to be purged???

Have no idea ^^ because it's inside your own borders and white folks that are perpetuating horrendous MASS killings!!
http://timelines.latimes.com/deadlie...ting-rampages/

You know, being on the outside, I sure do see the perspective of both sides.. and it's obvious that the OP only listens to ALT-Right Facts and demands non-whites GTE Purged!!! Given the numbers.. Just maybe White that commit such MASS MURDER should be purged... Ohhh yeah, some do end up getting convicted.. BUT infiltrated LE by Extreme White Supremacy types kill... then claim "Fear for Life".. this these same wimps refuse to wear CAMS.. or turn them off!! Juries side with LE... Some day those tables will turn!!

OP's premis is nothing more than a Alt-Right troll thread!! I'm happy to be out of the fold.. as I will never ever travel south of 49th parallel ... and haven't for past 8 years!! Didn't bother renewing my passport.. and have advised all my Canadian friends BE VERY VERY careful..!!!
Actually, Asians have the highest per capita mass killing rate. Feel free to look at the gov stats yourself.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Well I am not one of those people. And of course nasty people exist in real life, of all colors - I know this from extensive experience. Its not my place to tell anyone how to live their life. Have a nice day and thanks for responding at least.
I'm not saying that you are. I'm just saying that there is so much distrust, and anger already existing that it's a sticky topic. I'm just talking about the situation.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:46 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
We aren't talking "all crimes". We are talking all murders. Why are blacks responsible for over half the murders whilst comprising only 13% of the population? Something seems to be wrong even to an idiot like me.
Please read the title of the thread again, "13 % of the population ..52 % of the crime". The op was talking about "all crime".

Old 08-20-2017, 05:53 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm not saying that you are. I'm just saying that there is so much distrust, and anger already existing that it's a sticky topic. I'm just talking about the situation.
Well it would be nice to have a real conversation that does not devolve into a spewing contest. That conversation must have realistic acknowledgements on both sides as well. I don't follow people here so I may not know what their race or gender is unless I see it discussed (and remember it). I do know that you are rational for the most part and seem to remain calm.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Please read the title of the thread again, "13 % of the population ..52 % of the crime". The op was talking about "all crime".
I knew what the title was about. Looking at the first few words of the post, this is what I got from it. "Blacks are a criminal population, this is why we don't like them".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies