Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 04:14 PM

68,349 posts, read 54,496,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
That in a nutshell is the flux of the racial problems in America. When that second number comes down(and I think it will with time) so will the tension it creates among the general population.

What would that number be if Congress was under a more watchful eye?

Old 08-20-2017, 04:15 PM

42,868 posts, read 26,375,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
We can't force other people to respect us by beating them up or calling them names, either. In fact, I would argue such tactics have the opposite effect.
When's the last time a black person beat you up or called you a name?

Old 08-20-2017, 04:37 PM

30,906 posts, read 37,022,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I was trying to have a conversation with you about this in a rational manner. Because anything any white person says is taken the wrong way was my point. I don't know all the problems in black communities but they sure do. But if the answer is to blame someone else then nothing will change.
I think this gets at the core of racial tensions. Anything white folks say to be helpful is written off. Yet anything bad happening in black communities is white people's fault. This creates a no-win situation and by its very nature pits people against each other.

People like this black guy are also written off/demonized/ignored:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYcTZD-IkgQ&t=1s

Old 08-20-2017, 04:42 PM

8,093 posts, read 12,825,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Let me help you here, the FBI data is for the number of arrests and contains information for crime rates by specific type and total crimes.

in 2015 Blacks were arrested for 51.1% of homicides, When considering all reported crime, whites were arrested for 69.7% of all crimes, while blacks were arrested for 26.6%
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-43

The vast majority of homicides committed by blacks involve a black victim, just as most white homicide victims are killed by a white person. https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ender_2015.xls

It's always a good idea to fact check stuff like this before you post.
We aren't talking "all crimes". We are talking all murders. Why are blacks responsible for over half the murders whilst comprising only 13% of the population? Something seems to be wrong even to an idiot like me.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:00 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,103,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Whites are about 63% of the US so the proportion of crimes is almost equal. However the proportion of homicide is egregious in the black community when considering the proportion of total population. All crime is inexcusable.

And I don't hate blacks so that is not pertinent.
So are you all saying that black people are by themselves more prone to crime? Or that they live in circumstances that promote higher levels of crime regardless of race? I'm just curious if people are really suggesting that something like melanin levels in skin cause crime.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:00 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,730,286 times
Is it racist that my local corner store locks up the $30 Hennessy and Grey Goose due to theft, but not the $60 bottle of Scotch?

Is it racist that the Save-A-Lot store in West Garfield Park sells only orange and grape soda drinks in the coolers at the register?

Is it racist that the Austin neighborhood in Chicago (85% of the population is African American) has more murders than any other neighborhood?

Some stereotypes, even if they are considered racist, are 100% true. Facts can't be racist if they are accurate facts.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:01 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,817,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I think this gets at the core of racial tensions. Anything white folks say to be helpful is written off. Yet anything bad happening in black communities is white people's fault. This creates a no-win situation and by its very nature pits people against each other.

People like this black guy are also written off/demonized/ignored:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYcTZD-IkgQ&t=1s
Thanks for posting this. There is a lot of wisdom in his words.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:02 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,103,225 times
Also, did someone in this thread suggest "purging" the bottom 10% of the economic structure of the nation? There's really only one way to take that- advocating for mass murder. Is this now acceptable on this forum?

Old 08-20-2017, 05:03 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,817,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
So are you all saying that black people are by themselves more prone to crime? Or that they live in circumstances that promote higher levels of crime regardless of race? I'm just curious if people are really suggesting that something like melanin levels in skin cause crime.
I am not saying anything other than fleshing out the statistics that were posted by 2sleepy. These are facts. I am only responsible for what I say, not what others say.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:05 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,730,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Skin color has nothing to do with behavior. However, race and ethnicity is more than just skin color. It's culture and language too.

Jamaicans, Haitians, and Africans have black skin, yet their communities don't suffer from the same problem that US born African Americans face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies