Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 10:38 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,727 times

Advertisements

Secret Service Lead: Excuse me, sir. We're taking our break now. (Checks watch) We'll all be back at the beginning of fiscal 2018. If there's anything you need, keep a log. OK. Have a good year.

Trump: Huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 10:38 PM

1,235 posts, read 732,782 times
Is there a way dissenting Americans can stop paying their taxes until he and his brood leave?

Old 08-21-2017, 10:40 PM

1,235 posts, read 732,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
Secret Service Lead: Excuse me, sir. We're taking our break now. (Checks watch) We'll all be back at the beginning of fiscal 2018. If there's anything you need, keep a log. OK. Have a good year.

This doesn't even include the around the clock protection by local law enforcement agencies for his properties. Trump Tower in NYC sent him a bill in the Millions for their safety. I think they did move to another location but it's costing New Yorker's a lot of money for Trump Tower even when he's not there.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:02 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post

Trump:
Wait! You guys can't do that! We've already got you booked for travel costs and rooms and golf carts and meals and all kinds of other stuff. Your Trump and Ivanka suits are all on order. And your Melania skincare products. Just because you're not there doesn't mean you can get away with not paying.

I know because hundreds of people have sued ME for not paying!

Last edited by mollyblythe; 08-21-2017 at 11:29 PM..

Old 08-21-2017, 11:33 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The biggest problem is, Donald Trump has probably never had a budget to adhere to in his entire life. He squanders money like the water he wants to pollute.

I will make a bet that one sentence Trump has never uttered in his life is "Gee, it is still a week till payday, and I am a little short on money !". But a lot of us HAVE said that sentence, so how his cult thinks he can now relate to them and their problems is delusional. He doesn't want to worry about us poor folk, we are not in his league.

Now that he has the Presidential credit card, it is full speed ahead and CHARGE !!!
When he ran into that patch when he had a negative net worth approaching 1 Billion dollars (early 90s, IIRC), his bankers decided it would be more financially prudent for them to 'prop him up' rather than foreclose. IIRC, they put him on a personal budget (expenses related to his family, etc. --- not business deals) of $4 million per month.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:34 AM

7,825 posts, read 4,568,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Suspend everyone's protection detail except for Trump himself and his wife. The rest of that slimy family has enough money to hire security if they think they need it. If kidnspped, don't return.
If there's any truth to Mueller's investigations, Donald Jr. may get federal protection... in prison.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:18 AM

1,289 posts, read 938,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It would be cheaper to buy some travel trailers and put the Secret Service up in them.
That's a decent hollywood movie idea! For after he's been out of office for a decade or so. Good job GHQ.

Old 08-22-2017, 04:17 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
... They ALL run out of money at the end of the Fiscal Year.

How can people be so dumb as to not understand this? It's pretty much Government Funding 101.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
What are you talking about... the Director didn't say they were running out of money at the end of the year. He said 1,000 agents have already hit their limits. That is why he's asking lawmakers to raise the cap (even though 13 agents still won't be able to get paid) and a $60 million budget increase for the next year. What is normal about a 8 figure unexpected budget increase??

And.. what "wild stories"? The Director of the Secret Service said this!! WTF else can you trust?
I don't care which side you're on, this is flat funny.

Secret Service Director states they are running out of money. 1,000 agents have already hit their overtime limit. They need more money now and a lot more money next year.

Kibby posts a bunch of nonsense and then accuses others of being dumb.

smh

Old 08-22-2017, 05:55 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Secret Service nearing spending limit for protecting Trump: report | TheHill

I'm sure he and his family will suspend vacations and personal business travel so that they don't bust the budget, right?

Not a Trump fan by any means but the Secret Service has been running out of money for some time now.

Old 08-22-2017, 07:12 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,655 times
Proven to be fake news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies