Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2017, 03:51 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
I do as well, the good deal of the population in NC that is crazy are the ones that transplanted here from the North, a trend that started way back in the 70s and 80s and some even before then before someone tries to play gotcha with that statement.

HB2 was a good bill, you don't get to choose your gender, only God does.

I work in IT and they are constantly trying to get me to relocate to CA, not gonna happen but I dont mind visiting on the companys dime
Who "chooses" the gender if there is no God? (disclosure: I do think there is something greater than us - but I think the notion of a man in the sky is very silly).

And why are you talking about God? We are not a religious nation, God has literally nothing to do with anything.

Sex is, generally, fixed and clear (there are, rare, genetic outliers). But gender is a dynamic social construct.

Sex and gender are not the same thing.

California is a pretty great place. You're missing out by being be so narrow-minded.

That said, NC is nice, too.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:55 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,295 times
This whole Russian meddling public outrage started right after the DNC database got hacked and emails leaked.

The government, which includes Hillary as previous Secty of State, knew that Russians were meddling in our systems since 2012 and that included the 2012 election.

Now does anyone remember the content of those leaked emails ?

I doubt it. As soon as they started to get released publicly the Clinton campaign took to the air to accuse Russia and that was even before the USG officially announced anything.

And so the emails showing sabotage to Sanders campaign, collusion with media outlets to favor Hillary and getting themselves involved in Clinton fundraising campaigns fell by the wayside and got buried.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:59 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
CNN has already admitted to making up fake news about the Russia thing as fodder for their Trump deranged viewers.

The Russia meme is dead. Leftists lose yet again.

Now they want to make up stuff about the "nuclear footballs" and hate on Whitey some more.
Three journalists leaving CNN after retracted article
CNN employees resign after retracted article - Jun. 26, 2017

When was the last time that Trump retracted any of his lies?

Old 10-12-2017, 03:59 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
That said, NC is nice, too.
NC is nice with a lot of nice people.

But it is not the bastion of True Blue Americans.

The bathroom bill is just stupid. There was not a single incident reported of problems before the bill. People used the bathroom and minded their own business while in there. There have been a number of incidents reported since as self-appointed monitors confronted lesbians over their appearance.

The bathroom bill makes NC look like a bunch of witless rednecks instead of the progressive southern state it was working at.

We have many who live here from other countries. Quite a few Asian, Indian, ... grocery stores.

I don't count those who wave Confederate flags around as True Blue Americans.

True Blue Americans wave the U.S. flag.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:05 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Fordtrucks is an American?

I don't think so.

I agree with your assessment.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:15 PM

5,249 posts, read 3,604,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The media and their leftist allies did their best, I have to give them credit.

They worked extremely hard at convincing everyone that the election was stolen away from Hillary.

The only problem was, there really wasn't any truth to it. Sure, there were a few meetings here and there. But there was nothing ever proven that Trump or his people did anything illegal.

There was no evidence that anyone's vote was ever changed from Hillary to Trump.....as anyone with common sense could have told you.

So here we are, 7 months into Trump's presidency.

What will they think up next?
It's only gone away if you watch GOP... uh, I mean FOX News, they hardly cover it.

In the last week the former MI6 agent who did the Trump intel dossier, first for Bush then for the Dems, he met with Mueller's team - all veteran prosecutors... that means people will be prosecuted, 3 grand juries are currently active- what's the odds that there will be no indictments? Anyway while all of the things detailed in the dossier haven't been confirmed yet, most have that have been investigated.

The GOP has decided on a tactic now than rather than argue about the proven valid contents of the Trump intel dossier they are going to cast aspersions about the agent, the funding, etc... a diversionary tactic.

It has just come out that Trump didn't offer the job to Manafort, PM aggressively sought it & told DT he would do it for free... who works a 24/7 job with public scrutiny for free? It turns out that PM has active clients from all around Putin's oligarchy who are paying him, Mueller's team are looking into this "freebie" manager.

I could keep going for just this week, there's more, but my fingers are tired, try reading something that isn't propaganda.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
It's only gone away if you watch GOP... uh, I mean FOX News, they hardly cover it.

In the last week the former MI6 agent who did the Trump intel dossier, first for Bush then for the Dems, he met with Mueller's team - all veteran prosecutors... that means people will be prosecuted, 3 grand juries are currently active- what's the odds that there will be no indictments? Anyway while all of the things detailed in the dossier haven't been confirmed yet, most have that have been investigated.

The GOP has decided on a tactic now than rather than argue about the proven valid contents of the Trump intel dossier they are going to cast aspersions about the agent, the funding, etc... a diversionary tactic.

It has just come out that Trump didn't offer the job to Manafort, PM aggressively sought it & told DT he would do it for free... who works a 24/7 job with public scrutiny for free? It turns out that PM has active clients from all around Putin's oligarchy who are paying him, Mueller's team are looking into this "freebie" manager.

I could keep going for just this week, there's more, but my fingers are tired, try reading something that isn't propaganda.
Not quite correct. It was the Senate hearing where they wanted Steele to show up last week to give sources and who funded him. He refused to show up and talk. He's also refused to talk in 2 court cases regarding that dossier (one case in the US and one case in the UK).

Mueller said last week that he met with Steele last summer over the dossier.
And don't forget that the "dossier" was done for a smear campaign company...Fusion.

Well before anyone "can be prosecuted" they must be charged with a crime.
So far no crime has been found.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:42 PM

5,249 posts, read 3,604,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
Not quite correct. It was the Senate hearing where they wanted Steele to show up last week to give sources and who funded him. He refused to show up and talk. He's also refused to talk in 2 court cases regarding that dossier (one case in the US and one case in the UK).

Mueller said last week that he met with Steele last summer over the dossier. Yes..as I said.

And don't forget that the "dossier" was done for a smear campaign company...Fusion. Yes it was opposition research none of which has been disproven yet & a lot has been corroborated already. Steele apparently is a well known & respected ex spook with contacts.

Well before anyone "can be prosecuted" they must be charged with a crime.
So far no crime has been found.
Exactly as I said "so far".

Common sense, let's put ideology aside for a nanosecond, common sense that several teams of A-list Federal prosecutors working with the FBI investigating collusion with a foreign power, money laundering (they have Trump's & Trump Co tax forms), even some monkey business with Trump Models (that I believe may be used for leverage) along with 3 currently active Grand Juries... something will leave a mark. (There are many of Trump condos that were sold over market value, sight unseen, in various locations to Russian buyers.) And Manfort may flip.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:

Common sense, let's put ideology aside for a nanosecond, common sense that several teams of A-list Federal prosecutors working with the FBI investigating collusion with a foreign power, money laundering (they have Trump's & Trump Co tax forms), even some monkey business with Trump Models (that I believe may be used for leverage) along with 3 currently active Grand Juries... something will leave a mark. (There are many of Trump condos that were sold over market value, sight unseen, in various locations to Russian buyers.) And Manfort may flip.
Well I'd like to see the grand jury (any of them) subpoena Steele and Fusion. They are holding out on naming their sources. Steele forwarded that dossier to the FBI and yet won't give them the info they need to verify the dossier's claims.

Sure they've been able to verify the meetings happened but meeting is not a crime.

The other accusations...Trump being bribed and blackmailed by Russia and Trump paying Russia to hack the DNC server...they need verifiable sources which neither the Senate nor the FBI have been able to obtain.

If the accusations in the dossier are true then Steele has to come clean with names.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:38 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:

I'm wondering what would convince Manafort to flip on Putin.

Seems like prison would be a better option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies