Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2017, 12:56 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Race relations have been a volatile topic going back to the early days of this country. We've never really needed the media to divide people. We're already there. Always been there. Anything else is just gasoline on a fire.
I guess. I do know resentment is growing quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2017, 01:13 PM

3,330 posts, read 2,138,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I guess. I do know resentment is growing quickly.
Too many folks on either side are intellectually dishonest, and worse yet, feel virtuous about it. Then the media spews dogmatic propaganda from the electronic aether and grows their coffers from the advertising revenue. Meanwhile, the average lemming citizen tunes in to receive their prophetic sermons du jour and gather the 'courage' to sow the seeds of discord far and wide. Shameful all around...

Old 08-26-2017, 01:14 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I am agreeing, with you. Blacks in America commit a higher amount of crime per capita. Now that we have this point what is the point of this thread? Their isn't going to be a real discussion unless this is hear simply just to shame a person that said something without knowing the stats in the first place. This thread by it's nature is bound to be an echo chamber were the usual suspects (I don't include you in that list but you likely know who I mean), will post things like "dindu nuffin", "blacks are violent", "we wuz kangz and sheet" etcetera. For about 20 pages till they realize it's only them and a few who don't know the stats about crime will argue.
THANK YOU. Shout it out.

Old 08-26-2017, 01:30 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,168 times
The number one statistic in regards to how much violent crime will be in a zip code is the percent of the population that is African American. It's actually a much stronger indicator than poverty is.

I have know idea why this is the case, but it is, and it cannot be disputed. To ignore this reality is what is racist, not pointing it out.

Right now, the United States is failing these violent African American communities by continuing to allow them to exist. Anyone that doesn't believe that there is not an invisible hand that creates the elements for this type of violence to occur in the first world is kidding themselves.

Old 08-26-2017, 01:32 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I am agreeing, with you. Blacks in America commit a higher amount of crime per capita. Now that we have this point what is the point of this thread? Their isn't going to be a real discussion unless this is hear simply just to shame a person that said something without knowing the stats in the first place. This thread by it's nature is bound to be an echo chamber were the usual suspects (I don't include you in that list but you likely know who I mean), will post things like "dindu nuffin", "blacks are violent", "we wuz kangz and sheet" etcetera. For about 20 pages till they realize it's only them and a few who don't know the stats about crime will argue.
Pretty much.

Old 08-26-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
City-Data was created to be a source of information for those planning to move to areas that they know nothing about. In browsing those sections, posters are trying to find affordable dwellings in a safe neighborhoods... and you know what? No one wants to live in any neighborhood with a significant black population. And apparently, coincidentally, those black neighborhoods are also the ones that have the highest crime rates.

Anyway, how about all of you politically correct people go off and live amongst the black community and have one big happy diverse lovefest.
You can admit it. You don't like black people. I'd rather you be honest.

Old 08-26-2017, 01:40 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective Detective View Post
Actually, America's obsession with black people is disturbing. For a population that is only 15-20% of the population why is there so much news media about them?

The leftist media is obviously perpetuating and manipulating racism for ratings the same way the NFL tries to sell patriotism for ratings. Both are shameless.
It is strange and very much ingrained in the culture...

Old 08-26-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
what a load of complete crap. Especially the bolded. I should put the whole post in bold but, associating financial status with morals and values is really really showing how uneducated you are. Like comically uneducated. Rich=good. Poor=Bad. This is where you are. LMAO. And sadly at least one other person here agreed with you. It's a great glimpse into the mind of right-wing nuts and why you would defend the ultra-wealthy.
Thank you.

We know exactly what the motive for this thread was

Old 08-26-2017, 01:59 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
can you say "delusional" kids?

Hey, progressives!

Please... Don't be my neighbor, da da

agreed

Old 08-26-2017, 02:03 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
The number one statistic in regards to how much violent crime will be in a zip code is the percent of the population that is African American. It's actually a much stronger indicator than poverty is.

I have know idea why this is the case, but it is, and it cannot be disputed. To ignore this reality is what is racist, not pointing it out.
Could you please list out the top income black communities in the USA and their crime rates? You seem so sure of yourself....."cannot be disputed".

I'm not claiming otherwise but I just looked up 3 of the top 10 and the crime maps show you to be wrong.

In any case, when you know the facts - facts are no longer of any importance.

Of course, after we know the "facts" we have to then look at the real world. When I was 18 I was busted for pot. I was thrown in jail with a poor black kid who was caught smoking a J in the alley. I was out a couple hours later and he stayed in.

Since you are an expert on "what is not in dispute" would you apply this great brain to educating us about the percentages of drug cases who are black vs. white who see jail and/or actual court or sentences?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies